Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Guld Milla Latent - How much would you nerf it by?

I think Guld Milla was chiefly responsible for Gu/Hu being overpowered towards the end of ep2. Being able to put out consistent damage without needing to dodge made it pretty ridiculous, and it made other TMGs obsolete for the most part. I think this was the main aspect of gunner that needed to be balanced for ep3.

So then comes the question: How much is enough? I currently recover about 100 hp per body shot of elder rebellion, so I recover more than 1000 HP per use of ER, not including potential headshots or AoE damage from the last few bursts. I'm honestly not sure how much it should be tweaked to balance it out. Even at 50% it would be significant enough to tank bosses with assuming Messiah gets a respectable buff.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Just alter when it takes effect. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    This.

So long as it heals you merely for hitting a target, any target, it will be broken - either too strong, or too weak.

Derp had a good idea there: Make it only work during chain finish. Personally, I'd rather see it work during both chain counting and chain finish, but tying it to a cooldown is a good idea. Only working during Showtime would also be acceptable.

Even if they nerf the latent to 1/2/3%, it's still going to be just as good as it used to be. I never had trouble staying at full health with only a +20 GM with my not even capped GU/HU. If they really wanted to nerf it, they'd grant the health bonus on kills or something, essentially rendering it useless. Anyone think Elder Pain will also get nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Like a delay? Because that wouldn't change anything. You'd be doing damage before you get hit anyway, so the blue numbers would catch up to you either way.

If you mean make it conditional, then that raises other questions, like how. I guess headshot only could work, but I think it'd still need a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This.

So long as it heals you merely for hitting a target, any target, it will be broken - either too strong, or too weak.

Derp had a good idea there: Make it only work during chain finish. Personally, I'd rather see it work during both chain counting and chain finish, but tying it to a cooldown is a good idea. Only working during Showtime would also be acceptable.
    I don't like the prospect of limiting it to very specific skill builds. Frankly, chain is annoying as hell to use, and always will be until they make it independent of its locked hitbox.

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    Even if they nerf the latent to 1/2/3%, it's still going to be just as good as it used to be. I never had trouble staying at full health with only a +20 GM with my not even capped GU/HU. If they really wanted to nerf it, they'd grant the health bonus on kills or something, essentially rendering it useless. Anyone think Elder Pain will also get nerfed?
    I've never had an Elder Pain, so I can't say how good it is, but it is certainly weaker than most other swords, unlike GM. There's also the fact that TMGs hit rapidly, so GM provides reliable recovery, at range no less, while EP recovers at slower intervals. I will tentatively say that EP is fine.
    Last edited by GALEFORCE; Sep 3, 2014 at 01:10 PM.

I like the idea of HP restoration on kill, actually. It would make it less insane for tanking through bosses. I wonder if it's going to cause the price of GM to drop at all, I haven't checked.

GM is already almost worthless. It's been around 200k for a while now. I think around 500k if you want light. It's just really common nowadays. I guess the nerf might make selling pre-affixed ones harder though.

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    GM is already almost worthless. It's been around 200k for a while now. I think around 500k if you want light. It's just really common nowadays. I guess the nerf might make selling pre-affixed ones harder though.
    Right, that's what I mean. Fully affixed/grinded prices are probably going to drop even further. Looks like I'll probably lose out on my investment, oh well.

its not that great for dps. i just keep one and have elder rebellion set as the pa's to heal me mid-air and then switch back to bio or batarang for sustained dps
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Zero Effort was only better if you never got hit during boss encounters. The second you get nicked by anything, you're doing less than GM, especially if you have to go out of your way to heal yourself. GM just let you spam messiah time non-stop, which did respectable damage before the nerfbat it got in ep3. It was arguably the best sustained DPS for bosses. Bio was definitely better for general mobbing purposes.

Thinking about it more, showtime is a good idea. It fits with the purpose of the skill, which is to tank.