Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Here would be my conditions to play on the NA servers:

1- Full up to date content day 1
    2- Being able to transfer my character and all my stuff from (including music) from the JPN servers
    3- No censorship, proper translation and no renaming
    4- Since this all make-believe, get me a magic lamp with a genie inside so that I can have 3 wishes

I pray this will never happen. Long live JP PSO2!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Here would be my conditions to play on the NA servers:

1- Full up to date content day 1
    The model the game is being run under would make this basically impossible. They would have to rework the entire game for this to work, and you have to consider the game is 24GB on disk right now. That's a lot to download just to /try/ a game. I'm anticipating they're trying to get physical as well as digital media, if possible. Though, again, 24GB.
    2- Being able to transfer my character and all my stuff from (including music) from the JPN servers
    Not gonna happen.
    3- No censorship, proper translation and no renaming
    2/3 ain't bad.
    4- Since this all make-believe, get me a magic lamp with a genie inside so that I can have 3 wishes
    I dibs third wish.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    Will all of the recent changes to skills and PA be implemented off the bat or do we pretend that the preEP3 Skills/PAs are ok until about another 2 years?
    I'd actually wager it would be, considering the SEA version had a lot of the later tweaks implemented from the start; just the game content was held back.

But that's the only concession I'll make
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz yawn even if this ever comes out im staying on the jp server

This sounds morel like a general statement put out by someone in the business office. Not a statement of someone in actually development of a game

Working in a corporate environment...you get use to genric business speak

24 GB thing aside, why exactly do they have to rework PSO2 for foreign releases? Just translate everything as-is and go for it. Really I had this same question in mind for the SEA release.

No matter. Having spent almost 600 hours (a trifle to some here, but I joined not TOO long ago) on JP PSO2, I have no incentive to start over, even if it means playing with people who speak my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Chigun View Post
    24 GB thing aside, why exactly do they have to rework PSO2 for foreign releases? Just translate everything as-is and go for it. Really I had this same question in mind for the SEA release.
    In their infinite wisdom, they believe there's things that need to be localized to be made baka gaijin friendly before release than just the language barrier, like getting rid of some japanese costumes and hairstyles to replace them with Guile flat tops, and 'murica forearm tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chigun View Post
    Sakai did say that he would want to expand the skin tones to better allow African skin tones, if I remember correctly.

Not bad SEGA. A 2 year promise of a Western release may just be the longest internet troll ever.
    "Newman ruiner of things"