Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Not really because support isn't even my main role and it saves restock time when you're trying to spam as many missions as possible.

If in between PBF and chasing down hands/arms I'm already popping support techs often I'd imagine a support-oriented main Techer would be in a position to do it more.
    Pffft you don't have TE as a main and your trying to "support". Got nothing more to say to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    Pffft you don't have TE as a main and your trying to "support". Got nothing more to say to you.
    I don't really consider that "trying to support". Like I said, 1-2 per 3 minute run. According to Swiki, Resta has a 1 second charge, but no mention of the timing of the actual firing animation so I'll assume half a second each for Resta and anti.

Total 2 seconds, x1.5 average = 3 seconds per 3 minutes spent supporting.

(3 / 180) * 100% = 1.67%

I spend 1.67% of my time in an average run doing "support". Therefore I'm "trying to support"?

Total 2 seconds, x1.5 average = 3 seconds per 3 minutes spent supporting.

(3 / 180) * 100% = 1.67%

I spend 1.67% of my time in an average run doing "support". Therefore I'm "trying to support"?
    Oh wow you opened my eyes , we all should totally make an entire build dedicated to this 1.67%. Thank you for showing me the light XD. By the way what were you arguing for again.
    Last edited by jcart953; Sep 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    Oh wow you opened my eyes , we all should totally make an entire build dedicated to this 1.67%. Thank you for showing me the light XD. By the way what were you arguing for again.
    That good support makes for faster runs? Not sure how a non-support build not doing support most of the time is relevant to that.

I do see more dead people at Falz when there's no Deband Cut/Deband Toughness and it feels like there's a noticeable difference in smoothness when there's a Techer around vs without. And no it's not Weak Bullet - Weak Bullet seems to be a constant in all runs.

Ofc I Anti and Resta (or Star/Sol) if people are right next to me and need it but there's a limit to how much that can do and it makes me want to level a Techer main build once I'm done levelling Bouncer.
    Last edited by Selphea; Sep 9, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

its not good support though, the good support skills(shifta strike and deband toughness) are te main only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine2009 View Post
    its not good support though, the good support skills(shifta strike and deband toughness) are te main only.
    Which is what I've been saying all along - you need TE main for good support.

Which is what I've been saying all along - you need TE main for good support.
    oh, my bad then.

i did not read the entire thread, but are you arguing for or against bo/te? because it cant really deal much damage either....

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine2009 View Post
    oh, my bad then.

i did not read the entire thread, but are you arguing for or against bo/te? because it cant really deal much damage either....
    I was saying the only thing BO/TE has over TE/BO is the option to be SATK-based with Switch Strike while compensating for low TATK by stacking Resta Advance with Heal Share as a healbot.

well you are right that switch strike is the only thing that bo/te has over te/bo but if ya want to be a heal bot you would be better off as a gu/bo with guld milla and heal share, not that i would recommend it because you would be near useless otherwise(might be interesting on a friend partner though).

honestly i would not really recommend either bo/te or te/bo, but if you HAD to choose one te/bo is the only way to go.

Being a healbot or a weak bullet bot or even both is really a bad way to support jsyk, because you're depriving everyone of a full extra person's worth of damage while you can still offer the same support.

Though, weak bullet bot isn't always bad, like for any normal boss because bosses are all cheese.

I mean, it's better than nothing / playing classes only to level them and otherwise not help at all. But I just can't imagine sitting around only to heal or wb when various techs and PAs do so much damage.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat