Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Question] Regarding Fighter as Sub-Class

I'm not sure if I'm on the right section so please forgive me. I just want to ask some stuff about Fighter being sub-class.

1. Does the stance buffs work even if you're ranged?
    2. Does PP Slayer work even if you're ranged? Is it currently bugged on PSO2 SEA? because I've tried it and it doesn't seem to give any significant amount of damage boost when I'm using my Lv18 Ranger as main even though I kept spamming attacks while under 50% PP. Also, please explain if there is some wierd mechanic behind PP Slayer to make it work.

Thank you!

1. Yes
    2. Yes. PP Slayer is a bad skill in PSO2 SEA since it hasn't gotten a buff yet. Your stats will increase as soon as your PP is at 50% or less.

What do you mean by haven't gotten it's buff yet? I think it's not +100 anymore on Lv10 because right now at Lv3, it already gives me +80, am I missing something here?

Also another question regarding stances, so here's a sample scenario,
    I'm hitting Vol Dragon behind his head yet I'm facing towards it's head. So basically, I'm not facing towards his core yet I'm also not facing his core from behind, what stance will give me a damage boost then?

Disregard it needing a buff if it's +200 at 10 points already.

You sound like you're hitting Vol and positioned yourself past the rear half of the body. You would be using Wise in that scenario. It's not based on which part you hit, it's based on where you are relative to the enemy.

If you are behind an enemy, hitting any part you would need to use Wise.
    Hitting the enemy from the front is Brave.

Varder's entire ship is the body that decides Brave and Wise. Standing anywhere in the front half of the entire ship would put you in Brave damage, and the back half like at the 6 missile sets would be Wise.

DF Elder's platform decides your stance and not the boss itself. Standing closest to Elder is Wise while staying away is in Brave area.

Quote Originally Posted by iDreamy View Post
    What do you mean by haven't gotten it's buff yet? I think it's not +100 anymore on Lv10 because right now at Lv3, it already gives me +80, am I missing something here?

Also another question regarding stances, so here's a sample scenario,
    I'm hitting Vol Dragon behind his head yet I'm facing towards it's head. So basically, I'm not facing towards his core yet I'm also not facing his core from behind, what stance will give me a damage boost then?
    Your facing, or where you hit doesn't matter. Where you're attacking from relative to the boss' facing does. You can attack ragne's back legs while it is facing you and brave stance will apply for example.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Sep 14, 2014 at 11:33 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Well PP Slayer got two changes. One where it went from 100->200 S-Atk, and another more recent one that gave it 200 R-Atk and T-Atk as well.

Deadline went from 100->150, and like PP Slayer, it and Halfline also give R/T-Atk now too.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Thanks for the replies. Although, I would really appreciate if someone would tell me if PP Slayer on PSO2 SEA is currently bugged because I sure don't feel any boost under 50% PP when I level my Ranger while using Fighter as sub-class.

If SEA's PP slayer doesn't specifically state it gives an r-atk bonus, it doesn't give an r-atk bonus.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Try to check your critical damage with and without PP Slayer.

Same condition of course (Same enemy, same spot to hit, same PA, same stats, same stance bonus).

If the critical damage is the same, then it's not working. If you only compared with non-critical hit, the rng on minimum and maximum damage might show you less difference, or maybe no difference at all.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt