Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Being a healbot or a weak bullet bot or even both is really a bad way to support jsyk, because you're depriving everyone of a full extra person's worth of damage while you can still offer the same support.

Though, weak bullet bot isn't always bad, like for any normal boss because bosses are all cheese.

I mean, it's better than nothing / playing classes only to level them and otherwise not help at all. But I just can't imagine sitting around only to heal or wb when various techs and PAs do so much damage.
    If no healing is needed and WB is up they could always attack. As a TE/RA in a zerg, boosting 9 other players by 10% already makes up for 90% of a full extra person's damage, then add to that the ~65% if they actually attack and they'd have justified their presence.

Does PP Convert work while WB is loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    If no healing is needed and WB is up they could always attack. As a TE/RA in a zerg, boosting 9 other players by 10% already makes up for 90% of a full extra person's damage, then add to that the ~65% if they actually attack and they'd have justified their presence.

Does PP Convert work while WB is loaded?
    thats flawed logic, you could also just have a te/br(or te/hu or te/fi) and a ra/whatever ras are subing nowadays instead, you get the same support level - better even since its split up and maintains the ability to deal good individual damage.

but to answer ya question, yes pp convert works with wb loaded - not that pp while WBing is as big an issue anymore due to tactics trap/grenades as well as bullet keep.

Unless you're in a premade, you always run the risk of being completely redundant if anyone else mains Techer or has WB.

But in a premade, you can plan to have both a Techer main with a good sub and a DPS spec Ranger for better efficiency all around.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine2009 View Post
    thats flawed logic, you could also just have a te/br(or te/hu or te/fi) and a ra/whatever ras are subing nowadays instead, you get the same support level - better even since its split up and maintains the ability to deal good individual damage.

but to answer ya question, yes pp convert works with wb loaded - not that pp while WBing is as big an issue anymore due to tactics trap/grenades as well as bullet keep.
    Actually I was thinking along the lines a build just for boss zerg EQs like Vardha/Elder/Luther. The impression I get is TE doesn't have much tools for boss fights so might as well craft a Light and Electric rifle, Shifta everyone, load WB then pop PP Convert and spam PAs on weak points.

For mobbing people move too much to get hit by buffs so I'd rather just play a build with good AoE or traditional Zondeel Wand TE.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Unless you're in a premade, you always run the risk of being completely redundant if anyone else mains Techer or has WB.

But in a premade, you can plan to have both a Techer main with a good sub and a DPS spec Ranger for better efficiency all around.
    Yea but being redundant in a good pug is way less tedious than having a full party of level 50 Bouncers with no buffs or WB
    Last edited by Selphea; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Actually I was thinking along the lines a build just for boss zerg EQs like Vardha/Elder/Luther. The impression I get is TE doesn't have much tools for boss fights so might as well craft a Light and Electric rifle, Shifta everyone, load WB then pop PP Convert and spam PAs on weak points.

For mobbing people move too much to get hit by buffs so I'd rather just play a build with good AoE or traditional Zondeel Wand TE.
    while you would be correct pre ep3 that Te was meh at bosses, it can do decently well now as a te/br, the +50% attack advance and the stances - particularly weak stance when valid mean things die. weak stance also allows you to dump pp into techs for reasonable damage when you cant wack things, and allows you to deal good single target damage when you can hit weak points with your melee.

if you have not tried it out yet(with a proper set of wands) i highly recommend it. the ep3 changes really made a huge difference in how effective it is.

i totally get what ya mean about people moving though, i hate chasing people down to buff them too

Well, bio JBs are out now, which means we have pretty decent allclass JBs.

This makes booties-toting TEBO possible.

Which I plan on doing.

Commence the hate.

I could also get the bio DBs, but meh. That'll come later.

but Bio boots latent is the melee one

it don't affect techs

^ are you sure about that I thought the wiki listed both as working. In any case idk why I but I'm rather disappointed that my crafted boots has the potential to be better .

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    but Bio boots latent is the melee one

it don't affect techs
    but it affects the PAs right? i mean thats the entire point of boots in the first place.... if you want techs go grab a rod/talis