Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default To those of you that made it to SHard with a Force or Techer...

How punishing did find the experience? Compared to PSO Ult, I can actually dish out a lot of damage, but like PSO Ult, I'm still very fragile. Took me 3 tried to kill the Quartz Dragon, 1 ramming hit and I was KO even with Deband and the highest Deband drink. I had to kill him without getting rammed, which I eventually did.

My Force is Lv54 and Techer Lv53. My Mag doesn't bring any defense but I did grind to 10 the full set of the Midia armor, so besides grinding my level to 70, I don't see what else I could do to improve my defense.

Force and Techer are naturally fragile. Dying to one hit from Quartz Dragon's dash is pretty normal. Just a matter of learning not to get hit. You shouldn't worry about your defense much, offensive stats are simply much more important.

You're not supposed to get hit as a Fo/Te.
    Mirage Dash makes getting hit almost impossible.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

as TE/FI both capped, i'm hard do kill. if compared to a regular TE/FO or FO/TE.

i'm a melle te so i need to survive at close range.

but effort was put into that, my units and their afixes raise my Defense,hp, T atk,pp substancially, and my hp with hp drink and deband reaches 1350.

as a TE/FO or FO/TE you gotta learn how to dodge with the huge invincibility window mirage gives you.
    learn to time it right, using regular teching classes means you need to have a strategy prior to the encounter, or youll be crushed.

get better units, and add afixes that give you hp. should make you more resiliant to hits if you fail to dodge.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Most players are just as fragile without investing into HP/survivability despite grinded, up-to-date units no matter the class. Pretty sure I can survive one ram only because I have stamina 3 on each of my units (915 HP total) as Hu/Br, but I don't make a habit of testing that; I just get out of the way, or abuse just guard.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Getting proper SH 10* units will reduce some damage. Putting an extra 150 HP into your units (Stamina III on all 3) will help you survive an extra hit or so. Generally though, as a FO/TE, you're not supposedly to get hit. At least, not more than once within a short period of time.

In this game, you are very much meant to dodge things. This is why you don't have 3000 hp near cap without trying like you would in PSO or PSU. Its also why they try to ease you into it by giving you low level enemies at first that are significantly slower and less punishing than their lower level brethren.

Can you add stamina stuff to your units and weapon to help you out? Sure. Though I wouldn't actually recommend it personally since you can learn to live without it. Force right now is actually quite the powerhouse. Its punishing if you get hit, but that has to happen first. The durability on it is probably the biggest reason SEGA call it the advanced class of the three basic ones.

Force was pretty easy to level, honestly. Just get a handle for when to use what tech. Techs are more specialty-oriented than PAs are, which are a bit more versatile (this is good for this and this, that's good for that and that, etc.).

Also, get a handle on when to dodge.

That's it honestly. Right tech for the right job, and dodging. PP management is up there too. The rest you'll pick up as you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    You're not supposed to get hit as a Fo/Te.
    Mirage Dash makes getting hit almost impossible.
    Sometimes, shit happens and you get hit.

I died. A lot.

It's easy enough to dodge stuff, but you can't afford to get hit at all when even normal enemies are capable of two hit killing you, coupled with stagger locking nonsense (Which is all too prevalent with the Harukotan enemies).