Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post

tl;dr pretty sure the lag is caused by people joining blocks en masse. Which could be related to ep3 lobby, 4th accessory, ddos measures, who knows.
    Honestly I feel like its the massive number of loading during EQs that's causing the lag, especially during scheduled ones and most noticeably during Falz/Luther EQs. Somewhat during TDs but I don't get the lag until around the 12-16 mark and 26-30 minute mark and you can probably guess why.

From log-ins to character changing to block switching/attempts by the mass without a doubt creates stress on the server.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Sep 23, 2014 at 01:37 AM.

Looks like they started doing the reconfiguration. Having serious connection issues today - lagged out warping to My Room and twice in an Advance Quest.

The worst one though is when Loser died and I lagged out :/

The servers have a limit of people to enter. Even at full, the server should handle the limit they were meant to handle, so no, the solution is not more ships, when some ships have a far smaller population. If you make a character on a ship that's full on prime time, you either have to wait or make a character on another ship.

Reallocate less populated ship servers to more populated ships

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    Reallocate less populated ship servers to more populated ships
    For free? Are you insane?

It's not a solution either, less populated ships have lag too, so this is not the source of the problem.

The real solution here would be for Sega to hire a competent network engineer. We'll see if that ever happens. I wouldn't bet on it.

I think the servers have been a lot more populated since the release of EP3. I think the playerbase will die off a bit more when people get bored of the EP3 content and whatnot. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    The real solution here would be for Sega to hire a competent network engineer. We'll see if that ever happens. I wouldn't bet on it.

I think the servers have been a lot more populated since the release of EP3. I think the playerbase will die off a bit more when people get bored of the EP3 content and whatnot. Maybe.
    New field next month will keep the population from dwindling too severely. And then Ultimate the month after that will probably cause player activity to skyrocket again. So really Sega needs to fix this before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    It's kinda easy to forget that the ship we're playing on isn't the only ship.
    The lag seems to be everywhere. And most foreigners are on Ship 2.

Banning foreigners on Ship 2 won't fix the lag on Ships 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, whatever.
    So IP banning foreigners obviously isn't the solution and we shouldn't be worried about that.
    Unless they're really that stupid.

It's like I said, the lag is because they encourage people to lag the servers.
    They could fix it by not dripfeeding us crap, but that's not going to happen.
    This. I am on ship 9 and we get lag too, despite the low population of English players vs. Japanese players. Banning people just because they think the population is too high is already really bad for their business.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska