Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default TWC still having problems?

Is it just me or can anyone with TWc connect at all? It's been almost a week now and I'm not to happy about not being able to log and in/wasting premium time. Is there any news/updates on it?

I still can't connect. I wish I knew more about it, but I don't. Just chiming in to say you aren't alone.

basically whats happened is TWC now uses a different route for all traffic to japan now, this new route cannot connect to the servers similar to how other ISPs cannot. furthermore the old route seems to still be up(at least it responds when pinged) so i cant help but think its intentional on TWCs part.

i recommend looking into alternate connection methods because at this point there is no guarantee it will be fixed at all.

I, too, still cannot log into the game using normal TWC internet. People were making tests, observations, and/or assumptions over at the other thread. At first they were mostly optimistic but lately some suggested to start looking for alternative ways of logging in. Some examples:

1) Cyberkitsune's pso2 proxy (http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/) - free public proxy
    2) Other proxy
    3) VPN
    4) Pingzapper (I don't know how this work either, just that some people mentioned it)
    5) Others

At first I used the cyberkitsune proxy. The website has insturctions on how to set it up, which is only copy-pasting a link if you use the PSO2 Tweaker. The connection was stable for couple days but got pretty bad during the weekend. It could just be me though cuz others seemed satisfied. Then I switched to WTFast. Honestly I don't know if this is a VPN or proxy, but hey I get to play and the connection seems pretty stable. The setup isn't too complicated either. It includes 30 day free trial and after that is $9.99/month I believe.
    Last edited by airprinzh2o; Sep 29, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine2009 View Post
    basically whats happened is TWC now uses a different route for all traffic to japan now, this new route cannot connect to the servers similar to how other ISPs cannot. furthermore the old route seems to still be up(at least it responds when pinged) so i cant help but think its intentional on TWCs part.

i recommend looking into alternate connection methods because at this point there is no guarantee it will be fixed at all.
    Ya, I agree. I remember the first time TWC went down for like 4 hours or so then they quickly fixed it.

It's been like 5 days now and since traffic is being routed differently I think it will be permanent.

However I still have some hope. Maybe after maint this week we can try logging in again normally.

Also you can try logging in with the public pso2proxy if you want. It's really easy to setup, its also free and the connection is decent enough IMO.

66.109.7.90 Does not respond to ping, that is the last server before japan on TWC's old route. Notably, 66.109.7.90 is a TWC server, now we're going through XO communications instead. If this is an intentional change on TWC's part, and it does seem like it might be, it won't be fixed. Maybe they just didn't want to manage transpacific data anymore.

the proxy i dont trust in that one because you are in the hands of hackers , as far i heard about it

Quote Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
    66.109.7.90 Does not respond to ping, that is the last server before japan on TWC's old route. Notably, 66.109.7.90 is a TWC server, now we're going through XO communications instead. If this is an intentional change on TWC's part, and it does seem like it might be, it won't be fixed. Maybe they just didn't want to manage transpacific data anymore.
    true that specific address does not respond BUT if you ping unk-426d075a.adelphiacom.net (which was associated with it) it does.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    the proxy i dont trust in that one because you are in the hands of hackers , as far i heard about it
    It's been running for months with no reports of foul play, so I'm putting trust in it.

It's also extremely simple to set up compared to the alternatives.

true that specific address does not respond BUT if you ping unk-426d075a.adelphiacom.net (which was associated with it) it does.
    The IP it is pointing to is different. In fact I don't think timewarner has owner adelphiacom.net for a very long time, that domain has been parked by someone else for a long time. The machine just returned that hostname because it was still in the system configuration, what you're pinging is not TWC at all. Just some domain parker.