Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New to Fighter... advice?

Otay so im currently working on an alt who is going to be Fi/Bo or Fi/Hu..
    Anyone wanna help me out with a skill build? I want to do lots of damage with dub sabs as i have heard dub sabs are whats mainly used... any advice at all helps so thanks :3

Limit Break and don't die
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Double Saber PAs suck though. Only very few are good. The main problem is that you can easily get hit with most cause they are quite slow compared to most dagger / knuckle PAs.

That's why I mostly use dagger (airtime dagger Fi is epic fun) or knuckles.

I use this.

People claim you don't need wise stance, but you don't have much aggro in MPAs, single party situations and with most fields being multi party you would ahve to solo mpas for wise stance to be truly useless.

Not to mention some bosses can be more easily engaged from the back / have their weakpoint there and not that easily reachable from the front.

Now Warcry may mean you get a lot of aggro but I am not sure cause I haven't used it since ep3 as it was totally useless in ep 2 as long as any forces where around.
    If warcry is truly reliable now in mpas even with forces around, it means wise stance is really not that necessary.

In general Fi stances are iffy at best cause dodging attacks and PAs themselves are prone to void them.

Finally, this is an LB build, you need pretty much all assorted skills to make it worthwhile. It counts as status and procs crazy skills.
    Note that more than 5 points into LB are useless cause it doesn't raise dmg.

Critical Strike is sometimes recommended but it gives a 0.23% dmg boost on average because normal crit rate is 5% only and with a 20% chance of 115% dmg, this is what it amounts to, so you better put the points elsewhere.

You may want to put 1 point into Tech Arts Ja bonus but I don't know anyone using different PAs in succession enough to make use of it.

If you are new, I like airtime dagger a lot, in general you'll want airtime because that's how dagger gear fills (more dmg), knuckle gear fills by consecutive attacks.
    Both deplete instantly when you stop (hit ground or don't attack for a brief time) but are very fast and rather easy to fill.

I haven't done much dmg testing (no time >_<) but mostly you want to use Symphonic Dive for airtime (I can stay in air 3-5 minutes at a time depending on proximity of enemies), Bloody Sarabande for damage / somewhat reasonable aoe, Face Folia for a smaller aoe and decent dmg with full invincibility (Bloody Sarabande makes you invincible to everything coming from the front).
    Orchestra has quite decent damage now is just plain badass.

Knuckles are very fast but have very low range. Backhand Smash (BHS) is popular but it's very slow for absurdly low reach and thus if the enemy as much as sneezes it's out of range.
    Now Ducking Blow deals 95% of the damage but with very good range and even for less PP.
    Meteor Fist sadly has a random element and you may create one big or several small fists but it can deal some very good damage and has a long range (not good for close up though).

Quake Howling is good for stun and has decent damage.
    For aoe you'll have to use this some PA that hits multiple times and count on killing an enemy or two so more get hit.
    Like with Pendulum Roll.
    Or Straight Charge, decent linear aoe and now the dmg is pretty good, too.
    But the other Knuckle PAs are pretty good, too since all got dmg buffs in ep3.
    Flash Thousand has good damage but it has also a not that small chance of missing / you getting interrupted before finishing.

DS lacks the speed of knuckles and being invincible / out fo most harm#s way of dagger, so it's easy to get hit a lot with most of its PAs.
    Still, Chaos Riser is OP and pretty much Fi's best mobbing tool and safe to spam on mobs cause it lifts them up so they can't attack.
    I hear it gains damage with DS gear unlike most of DS PAs.
    Speaking of which, DS gear fills by attacking and doesn't deplete until you use DS weapon action, which creates up to 2 tornadoes that dmg nearby enemies and refill DS gear. It's infinitely spammable but it leaves you wide open so it's dangerous on any enemies/bosses that don#t give you an extended window of opportunity.

I hear Deadly Archer is great for dps but honestly I have lvl 16 and it's unimpressive with crappy reach, low dmg when too close, being risky, having to charge for decent range which is yet slower and overall not good dps.
    I prefer Chaos Riser (very fast and good damage) for dps or Accro Effect which is one of the handful safe DS PAs because you jump back after a couple of hits.

I also really like Surprise Dunk, it can do very good damage, has a nice aoe and nice stun and is just epic fun to use.
    But someone else go into detail about DS cause I don#t use it all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ace View Post
    Otay so im currently working on an alt who is going to be Fi/Bo or Fi/Hu..
    Anyone wanna help me out with a skill build? I want to do lots of damage with dub sabs as i have heard dub sabs are whats mainly used... any advice at all helps so thanks :3
    Fi/Bo only if you intend to use Bo multiclass weapons, but since you're intent on double sabers, do Fi/Hu.

Most noteable D saber PAs are chaos raiser and illusion rave.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Critical Strike is sometimes recommended but it gives a 0.23% dmg boost on average because normal crit rate is 5% only and with a 20% chance of 115% dmg, this is what it amounts to, so you better put the points elsewhere.
    This isn't right.

If your damage range is 90%-100% with a rare weapon, and you have a 5% crit rate, your average damage is 95.25%

If your damage range is still 90%-100%, and you have a 20% chance of dealing 115% crits, your average damage becomes 99%

It's roughly a 3.9% increase in damage. It's worth investing in.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Double Saber PAs suck though. Only very few are good. The main problem is that you can easily get hit with most cause they are quite slow compared to most dagger / knuckle PAs.

That's why I mostly use dagger (airtime dagger Fi is epic fun) or knuckles.

I use this.

People claim you don't need wise stance, but you don't have much aggro in MPAs, single party situations and with most fields being multi party you would ahve to solo mpas for wise stance to be truly useless.

Not to mention some bosses can be more easily engaged from the back / have their weakpoint there and not that easily reachable from the front.

Now Warcry may mean you get a lot of aggro but I am not sure cause I haven't used it since ep3 as it was totally useless in ep 2 as long as any forces where around.
    If warcry is truly reliable now in mpas even with forces around, it means wise stance is really not that necessary.

In general Fi stances are iffy at best cause dodging attacks and PAs themselves are prone to void them.

Finally, this is an LB build, you need pretty much all assorted skills to make it worthwhile. It counts as status and procs crazy skills.
    Note that more than 5 points into LB are useless cause it doesn't raise dmg.

You may want to put 1 point into Tech Arts Ja bonus but I don't know anyone using different PAs in succession enough to make use of it.

If you are new, I like airtime dagger a lot, in general you'll want airtime because that's how dagger gear fills (more dmg), knuckle gear fills by consecutive attacks.
    Both deplete instantly when you stop (hit ground or don't attack for a brief time) but are very fast and rather easy to fill.

I haven't done much dmg testing (no time >_<) but mostly you want to use Symphonic Dive for airtime (I can stay in air 3-5 minutes at a time depending on proximity of enemies), Bloody Sarabande for damage / somewhat reasonable aoe, Face Folia for a smaller aoe and decent dmg with full invincibility (Bloody Sarabande makes you invincible to everything coming from the front).
    Orchestra has quite decent damage now is just plain badass.

Knuckles are very fast but have very low range. Backhand Smash (BHS) is popular but it's very slow for absurdly low reach and thus if the enemy as much as sneezes it's out of range.
    Now Ducking Blow deals 95% of the damage but with very good range and even for less PP.
    Meteor Fist sadly has a random element and you may create one big or several small fists but it can deal some very good damage and has a long range (not good for close up though).

Quake Howling is good for stun and has decent damage.
    For aoe you'll have to use this some PA that hits multiple times and count on killing an enemy or two so more get hit.
    Like with Pendulum Roll.
    Or Straight Charge, decent linear aoe and now the dmg is pretty good, too.
    But the other Knuckle PAs are pretty good, too since all got dmg buffs in ep3.
    Flash Thousand has good damage but it has also a not that small chance of missing / you getting interrupted before finishing.

DS lacks the speed of knuckles and being invincible / out fo most harm#s way of dagger, so it's easy to get hit a lot with most of its PAs.
    Still, Chaos Riser is OP and pretty much Fi's best mobbing tool and safe to spam on mobs cause it lifts them up so they can't attack.
    I hear it gains damage with DS gear unlike most of DS PAs.
    Speaking of which, DS gear fills by attacking and doesn't deplete until you use DS weapon action, which creates up to 2 tornadoes that dmg nearby enemies and refill DS gear. It's infinitely spammable but it leaves you wide open so it's dangerous on any enemies/bosses that don#t give you an extended window of opportunity.

I hear Deadly Archer is great for dps but honestly I have lvl 16 and it's unimpressive with crappy reach, low dmg when too close, being risky, having to charge for decent range which is yet slower and overall not good dps.
    I prefer Chaos Riser (very fast and good damage) for dps or Accro Effect which is one of the handful safe DS PAs because you jump back after a couple of hits.

I also really like Surprise Dunk, it can do very good damage, has a nice aoe and nice stun and is just epic fun to use.
    But someone else go into detail about DS cause I don#t use it all that much.
    don't kid yourself dude. Knuckles suck ass and daggers haven't changed what so ever so besides limit break you should be using either a double saber, daggers, a partasin or wired lances for the new back hand smash.

I'll talk about weapon's sometime tomorrow, I'm too tired to talk about them right now.

Critical strike on it's own is +15% damage 20% of the time (adding 15% to the base 5% critical rate) for an average of 3% damage for 5 SP. That's a pretty good deal when you're working with Fighter tree.

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    This isn't right.

If your damage range is 90%-100% with a rare weapon, and you have a 5% crit rate, your average damage is 95.25%

If your damage range is still 90%-100%, and you have a 20% chance of dealing 115% crits, your average damage becomes 99%

It's roughly a 3.9% increase in damage. It's worth investing in.
    Damage variance isn't between 90%-100% of maximum damage for rares. It's between using 90-100% of your weapon's unaffixed attack when using the maximum damage formula.

For example, if you're using Meteor Cudgel, which has 801 SATK, then your minimum damage would be like your recorded maximum damage, minus 80 SATK. Then, your average damage is around the midpoint of minimum and maximum damage. So that'd be about a loss of 5% of your weapon's attack, which is 40 in this case.

Critical hits, bypassing the "average" damage and going straight for maximum damage, basically restore this lost attack by its percentage. So for every 5% crit, you get back 2 SATK. Are you impressed? Cause I'm sure not.

So the whole 90% min damage thing was never true. My point still stands though, crit strike is still worth it.

Now skills that only boost crit rate? Those seem even less appealing now.

As far as I remember (I'll check in the morning), that wiki page stated that minimum damage could not exceed 90% of the weapon's attack. Which was pretty misleading wording since almost everyone interprets it as 90% of minimum damage, and you'd have to comparr the maximum damage formula to the minimum damage formula to get what they were actually trying to say.

What was total baloney was the 25% of a rare weapon's attack added to your dex for calculating minimum damage. It's either too large to measure or just straight up sets you to the minimum damage cap.
    Last edited by Walkure; Oct 10, 2014 at 06:38 AM.

Hmm.
    I derped out with the math, don't ask what I calculated there.
    Basic crit rate is 5% though but the avg of 95% would only work if you had crit rate of 50%.
    beyond that I don't know enough of game mechanics and I certainly don#t know about weapon dex =/

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    don't kid yourself dude. Knuckles suck ass and daggers haven't changed what so ever so besides limit break you should be using either a double saber, daggers, a partasin or wired lances for the new back hand smash.
    Learn to use them properly?

Dagger and knuckles aren't bad. DS doesn't have epic damage either, in fact the highest damage I get is with a good Symphonic Dive (consistently 18-20k) or Meteor Fist (varies a lot but can get high and certainly has epic range for a melee class) / Ducking Blow(15-20k on avg).
    Nothing DS has is very impressive, least of all cause it's much harder to hit consistently without getting hit yourself.
    My highest DS dmg in comparison (I got good gear for all weapon types) is ~15k with Fake Capture (slow and not sure if it even works on bosses) or Chaos Riser (8-16k, varies a lot).
    Deadly Archer can go up to like 12k but it's very risky and you can easily miss the distance sweetspot (getting into the right range is iffy and you are prone to interruptions or enemies turning / moving out of range again) and then it's low damage indeed.
    Charging makes it better but the sweetspot distance just moves further which means you still have to get in proper range but you are slow, with charged PA you can only walk slowy which makes it more likely for enemies to get out of range/ turn to break stance / interrupt etc..

Not to mention Fi cannot be slow because enemies twist and turn to easily and half a second wasted often means the difference between getting the stance boost or not.