Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hu/Fi vs Fi/Hu?

Default Hu/Fi vs Fi/Hu?

I've recently decided to take another look at playing as a Hunter, but I'm conflicted since they made all the classes available from the start. I've played as both a Hunter and a Fighter before and I like both, but I haven't decided if I like one better than the other. Knuckles are fun, but I've always been a fan of big swords too. In a perfect world, I would probably play as both, as in I would swap my main and sub class between the two of them to get fun out of both play styles. But I don't use AC so I have no way of getting more skill trees in order to make a main and a sub class skill tree for both Hunter and Fighter. I'm wondering if it's possible for someone to suggest a single skill tree build where each class would work as a main class and a sub class? I suck at making skill trees so that's why I ask. And if someone could go over the benefits of each class and offer a suggestion of which one would be best to main, I would appreciate that too. I know for a while there Hunters were getting the short end of the stick compared to the other classes, but I heard they got fixed a bit with the Episode 3 update and all the changes, but I'm not sure if they're any good yet since I haven't played as one since before Episode 3.

Any help would be appreciated!

In endgame you can use weapons of both classes as any of them if you get proper ones. So, decision is whether you want to brutally murder things fast with risking to be 1-shot (Critical Strike + Limit Break as Fi/Hu with only Brave Stance) or want to be versatile at both mobbing and bossing (then you main Hunter and get Fury Gear Boost as well as both stances on Figher's tree).

Hunter's weapons became really fast and strong with EP3 update, while Fighter's weapons are more often used for situations where you have to act really quick.

My personal playstyle is maining Wired Lance for general mobbing (Double Saber is another approach to it, but it's more dangerous) and sometimes bossing (Holding Current is the PA for it), Partizan for quick kills, Twin Daggers for aerial enemies and alternating between Sword and Twin Daggers for quick bossing. Knuckles kind of fall short compared to rest of weapons with EP3, because their speed wasn't buffed and it's "best" PA (Backhand Smash) was relatively nerfed - Knuckles still have uses, but it's still not as good as it used to be.

In overall you should pick what's best for you, since nowadays game kind of... allows it?

EDIT: Don't abuse WL too much if you play in parties, though. When you grab an enemy with WL, no one else can damage it, so be aware of that. That said, never EVER use Other Cyclone - that's the only real limitation.
    Last edited by isCasted; Oct 14, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    EDIT: Don't abuse WL too much if you play in parties, though. When you grab an enemy with WL, no one else can damage it, so be aware of that. That said, never EVER use Other Cyclone - that's the only real limitation.
    Other people can damage it. They just can't target it.

If you use sword your hand is pretty much tied to maining HU because that weapon is unplayable outside of it. The other two HU weapons are debatable, but only wired lance doesn't mind not having fury gear too much.

Thanks for the help, everyone. So if I stick with maining one class in particular, I can just go and find the all-class weapons for the other class and use those and then I don't have to worry about the skill tree issue.

That being said, though, I'm wondering if there are other subclasses that would be good to check out for Hunter and Fighter. I believe most people sub one for the other (like going Hu/Fi or Fi/Hu) but I know that there are people who sub other things with them, so are any of the other classes good options to sub? So that way I could main both Fighter and Hunter without having to wait for all-class weapons, and not run into the skill tree problem of only having one skill tree per class.

Losing main-only skill is not really bad while you are still levelling, so you don't really need another subclass to level these classes. In fact, Hunter and Fighter might be best choices for each other even if you lose your desired main-only skill. All-class weapons in pre-endgame can be obtained via crafting (but you need to be lucky, it's also not a good option for endgame because of higher damage variance).

Anyway, other pairings go like this:

Hu/Te: semi-support build. You mainly use Hunter's weapons and switch to multiclass wand (need Wand Lovers and Wand Reactor) to one-shoot really large packs of mobs. You lose a lot of damage but gain Wand, Zondeel, Zanverse, Megiverse...

Hu/Br: maximal unconditional build. You lose damage compared to Fighter's stances and Slayers, but your damage becomes stable with Average Stance, because it's unconditional. Katana is also a very adaptive weapon with simple playstyle and destructive skill attached to it (Katana Combat makes you home onto enemies and gives a blast with large AOE and damage at the end). Also, Hatou Rindou...

Hu/Bo: same as Hu/Te, but with lower range for support techs and Dual Blades instead of Wand.

Fi/Br: same as Hu/Br except for "unconditional" part. Going full crit + LB makes you a proficient Katana user when you combine Limit Break with Katana Combat (it's not easy tho). Fighter's weapons get thrown out to the window in this case.

Fi/Bo: same as Fi/Br, but with DB instead of Katana. You'd want to go Crit+Craft build, even better if you craft 11* DB that drops from Bal Rodos.
    Last edited by isCasted; Oct 14, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashleebabee2308 View Post
    Thanks for the help, everyone. So if I stick with maining one class in particular, I can just go and find the all-class weapons for the other class and use those and then I don't have to worry about the skill tree issue.

That being said, though, I'm wondering if there are other subclasses that would be good to check out for Hunter and Fighter. I believe most people sub one for the other (like going Hu/Fi or Fi/Hu) but I know that there are people who sub other things with them, so are any of the other classes good options to sub? So that way I could main both Fighter and Hunter without having to wait for all-class weapons, and not run into the skill tree problem of only having one skill tree per class.
    I'd recommend just leveling Hu or Fi. If you plan on using those classes, then use them. Don't get too exotic, because then you'll be missing out on a lot, and will have to build accordingly. It's not quite as lenient as it'd like you think.
    Lambda Sword is pretty cheap, and also a 9 star, with 345 dex requirement. You'd probably be around 40 (?) HU main for that much dex, if subbing Fi. Fi has the Eight Ouncer for a low requirement. I still don't recommend crafting stuff. At a low level, it's more than likely not going to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If you use sword your hand is pretty much tied to maining HU because that weapon is unplayable outside of it. The other two HU weapons are debatable, but only wired lance doesn't mind not having fury gear too much.
    Sword can be used for travel, or for larger area swings, even if you're a Fi main. Guarding can be useful too, if you're not quite used to Fighter dodging and parrying. But if you're maining Fi, you should be alright using Fi's weapons mostly.

How bad was the Backhand Smash nerf?

バックギアはない。。。All we need is DRIVE!
    IGN :: ホモゲーバスター
    Ship 1 - Feoh

Quote Originally Posted by Hobu View Post
    How bad was the Backhand Smash nerf?
    It does around 20% less damage than it used to, which wouldn't be that bad by itself. The problem is that all other PAs got significant buffs in both power and speed, so Backhand became much more situational. Most of situations where it could be used are now better covered by Holding Current, Flash Thousand, Vol Graptor combos, Ride Slasher etc.

Yeah, I noticed how Flash Thousand is much better than BHS when dealing with Apos Dorios.

バックギアはない。。。All we need is DRIVE!
    IGN :: ホモゲーバスター
    Ship 1 - Feoh