Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Automate Halfline unfairness.

I just watched some videos of JP players, and noticed how much better their AHL is. I wonder how many fewer deaths I would have if mine was that fast?

I think it's pretty unfair that the game has NO PROBLEM calculating the damage you take client side, but that AHL is server side. If the game is lagging, why not just resolve the damage / healing after the lag spike ends? "Nope, we're too lazy to calculate events in the order they ACTUALLY HAPPENED. We'll just kill you."

Why is there a difference between these two? I don't see why healing should be affected by lag but damage versus the player is not. Is this to prevent some type of cheating? If so, why aren't BOTH things server side?

Can anyone explain the rationale behind this unfair mechanic? It gives players closer to the servers an unfair advantage. Seeing AHL activate that fast, and knowing I'll never have it, really sours my day. I could play so much more aggressively if I knew it would never fail. I don't even want to use my HU anymore after seeing what I'm being screwed out of.

Nice work, Sega. Make a great game that EVERYONE wants to play, but then only give it to some people. To add insult to injury, add mechanics that deliberately screw outsiders even more. It wouldn't even surprise me if this insulting crap was deliberate.
    Last edited by MidCap; Oct 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM.

lag is unfair! someone should spend a billion dollars per hour so everyone can have lag free internet!

They way you're acting as if this is intentional or something they can easily work around is annoying. For one, calculating the damage you take isn't client side. Hit detection is. But you can lag and take like 50 hits and have the damage all be calculated a minute later when those hits finally catch up with the server.

Also, this is not a game for EVERYONE. The minimum age for signing up is 20 and they explicitly say that people outside of Japan should not be connecting to this game.

Not to mention, AHL is fine. Your internet must be really bad, or your ability to play this game must be really bad, if it's not making you pretty much invincible against everything that doesn't one shot you.
    Last edited by Chdata; Oct 17, 2014 at 01:00 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Somethingsomething non japanese players aren't supposed to be on the servers anyway.

This is just the nature of online games. They aren't "deliberately" doing anything.

You can manually heal after getting hit and the events will catch up in the order they occurred, you just won't see the numbers until later.

Skill activation requires a server check, though, so yeah that's affected by latency.

Just don't get hit and it's not a problem.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

It basically just like how stances activated, you can press the button anytime but if it lagging the stance wont active seconds later.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

git guud 2: electric lagaloo

ITT: Hate to say I told you so.
    Well, Don't hate, not at all.
    Just get rid of it, all things considered it's not very reliable in keeping you alive without requiring manual mates.

It's pretty annoying that lag affects whether or not Automate and Iron Will invincibility even trigger before you die. Prime example is in TD3 when AIS users ignore the infested ships that rain hell onto one random person. Whether or not these skills are optimal is an irrelevant discussion. They should at least work as they're intended to work, rather than being bound to server lag and stability.

The fastest method of taking down Fire Apos/Luther is to tank their projectiles while landing Holding Current over and over. So if you can't do that then you're missing out on big damage opportunities. It sucks, and the servers have been awful for -everyone- during Japan primetime. If you still lag during their morning hours then you should find a method to fix that.

What about Iron will that procs after you are dead?