Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default How Hardcore Would You Consider Yourself When It comes to PSO2?

The word “Hardcore” is pretty vague and can mean a variety of things such as logging in 6+ hours every day, constantly doing research and keeping up with PSO2 news, completing TA’s and exterminating bosses in record times, having 10+ skill trees and optimizing all of the classes that you play (including getting the best gear), getting all of the dances/costumes/hair-styles/etc., have been playing PSO2 since the beginning, being able to penta-whatever-dash, etc.

Do you prioritize PSO2 over other games?

I’m sure I’m missing something, but would you consider yourself hardcore? Casual? Not casual, but not hardcore either? Or are you just “Ehh, whatever; I’ll log in whenever I feel like logging in just because…”? Or maybe you just consider yourself PSO2-PSOW-Edition-hardcore?

As for me, I think I'm pretty hardcore; I have 28 Skill Trees, (including the ones that are given to you); spent quite a bit on AC, always try to get the best gear; try to make everything as efficient as possible, etc.

I'm casual. My LP series on PSO2 should have made that apparent enough, lol.

If I had the time, maybe I'd be more hardcore, but I have so little time for any one thing.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

I'm softcore to the max.

But not an extreme max, as that would be a bit hardcore.

More like a small max.

A min max of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm softcore to the max.

But not an extreme max, as that would be a bit hardcore.

More like a small max.

A min max of sorts.
    Isn't min-maxing hardcore as well?
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

You're not hardcore until you have the best gear. The time it takes to overcome RNG is so great that those who do can be up there.

I find myself to be a half-n-half. I like to goof around and play Space Barbies Online 2 primarily, but when I want to get serious and get things done, I can do it quite well.

My core is about as hard as tapioca pearls. I'm pretty invested in the game but I wouldn't consider my self hardcore. Have you SEEN my build ideas? Don't get me started on gear.

I used to be a tryhard before I lost my memory. Now I'm super casual. I recently sold 80% of my gear and spent over 113mil meseta on accessories for three of my characters. Feels good. o3o

Hardcore is very subjective. For instance most people would view myself as being casual in the game specifically with how I act, how I really don't really crunch numbers on gear and skill trees. However I look at things from the long view of the entire series. How many of you have actually attempted to speed run Phantasy Star for instance? My time is still listed on Speed Demos Archive and I produced that years ago. Not to mention I've always been kind of a wild card in this community with understanding the music and producing video content being a high priority for me. In that sense while in the game specifically I may be casual, with the series being my #1 favorite game series I believe myself to be hardcore over all.

I guess I'm semi-casual.

I prioritize getting good gear over anything else, but am satisfied with having four affixes on everything for the time being.