Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default About Massive Hunter

I've been wondering if I should get Massive Hunter for my Hunter subclass, but I would like to ask/confirm some things first...

Massive hunter is under the Guard Stance branch, but does that mean you must use Guard Stance for it to work, or will it always work passively regardless of stance?
    I mostly am a hunter subclass for the Fury Stance branch, so, if it requires Guard Stance active, that would make it really situational... One of my problems is dying on melee/ranged classes, so I wondered if it would help, but if it doesn't, I guess I would stick with Fury Stance for the damage.

If it helps, in this situation I am using Bouncer(dual blades) as my main. I probably will also use hunter as a subclass for my ranger and braver.
    Last edited by Vetur; Oct 28, 2014 at 05:15 PM.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

Quote Originally Posted by Vetur View Post
    One of my problems is dying on melee/ranged classes
    just max out automate halfline, its the best defense there is, i rarely die due to it, and it allows you to literally tank your enemies the moment your HP is around 700-800, because all the consecutive hits that do actual damage on you activates automate halfline, causing you to never die. I also only carry dimates and trimates, so that whenever i get hit, i'll always get healed past the 50% mark.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Massive hunter is under the Guard Stance branch, but does that mean you must use Guard Stance for it to work, or will it always work passively regardless of stance?
    It works regardless of stance, but it is not a passive skill. It is an active skill, so it does you no good if it's on cooldown. Automate Halfline is probably the best defensive skill you can use, since you'll rarely be one-shot and it's 100% activation rate with 10 SP.

For the record, only Absorption and Guard Stance Burn/Poison require Guard Stance to be active in order to use them.

Massive hunter is an active skill, not a passive, and doesn't require guard stance. I wouldn't go for it unless you're specifically looking for a play style it helps. Automate is better for general survivability as said above.

Oh, I see. I have never tried automate, but maybe I should since most of the time my deaths involve being two-shotted... XD
    Up until now, I have only been using Resta out of habit from being a Force before, but yeah it does take time to cast and all that(being one cause of death), so wonder if maybe automate is better after-all.

Thanks everyone.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

I use massive hunter on my hufi. It's pretty good. Just pop it whenever you want to tank hits while dealing damage. Combined with automate, you're even more invincible than before. The only problem is the amount of skill points required to get it.. I ended up dropping fury combo for it and flash guard 1. You can make do with just automate halfline if you don't want to dip into your damage.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Oh, I see. I have never tried automate, but maybe I should since most of the time my deaths involve being two-shotted... XD
    Up until now, I have only been using Resta out of habit from being a Force before, but yeah it does take time to cast and all that(being one cause of death), so wonder if maybe automate is better after-all.

Thanks everyone.
    Oh right, Bouncer. Techs.

Resta should be sufficient. The issue might be your units as opposed to your skill tree. For your other classes, obviously Resta isn't an option, but for Bo/Hu specifically, you shouldn't need Automate Halfline. Though you should probably grab it anyway if you only have one skill tree for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Oh right, Bouncer. Techs.
    Oh, he's a bouncer?

Use uncharged megiverse if you're near something to hit->dispersion/heavenly. Resta if you're not. For the small window of time it's up + super armor with those two PAs, you could tank hits for a few seconds because of rapid hits/overkill healing that shames pre-nerf guld milla as long as you don't get one shot/lag.

Automate shouldn't be necessary with proper use of uncharged megiverse with your restas, and good units. Granted, multi-hits from a single attacker is BS in this game (fking zesh is the worst with that shit), it's not something I'd give up skill points for with a single skill tree, especially when i have megiverse on the subbpallet.

Damn I want to play bouncer again...
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Actually if you're not near just use uncharged megiverse then throw your blades

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Actually if you're not near just use uncharged megiverse then throw your blades
    That too.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!