Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does rifle barrel length affect hitbox?

Currently 50/50 Ra/Hu, and I recently switched my rifle from L schwann to calci weapon after I managed to 50 element the latter. After which, I found it somewhat more difficult to land point blank HE in TPS, and sometimes the bullets would just fly through its targets. I have been considering if the point of which the shots come out is related to the barrel length, or am i just misjudging the distance because of the barrel length?

In this game as far as I am aware, weapon models do NOT affect any attack spawn points; unlike PSU I might add.

Yeah, shotgun Homing Emission is slightly more difficult on Zesh knee caps with a long barreled rifle such as Bio than something like those short darker racist rifles from the ruins.

Longer launchers have slightly more reach with Flame Bullet. Your Cluster Bullet distance is also impacted by which launcher you choose.

I imagine that something redonk like Firearms has some degree of reach issues. I had trouble using Diffuse Shell with my Firearm since it tended to go right over mobs' heads D:
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

._.
    Y u do this, Sega?

This is stupid as hell. It means for optimal effect you can't use weapon camo or are forced to use one. This kinda stuff should have been a thing of the past with camos, you should be able to get the exact same effect from your weapon with a camo.
    Also, model size shouldn't matter, it's such an unimportant detail.

Speaking of which, does the Soulblade Yukihime Katana camo give you more reach than a short Katana like Boulay Obs?
    Or does this only affect rifle and launcher?

As someone who's been playing RA a lot (pretty much the only class I play), I can confirm this.

Before the bio weapons release, I used to play for months using an arao cylinder, then switch to bio rifle because Impact Slider boost too strong ... but wow it sure fucked up my aiming, I used to miss 3/4 of my Diffuse shells the first few days. SH mobs running too close, PA hitting the body and not the head, weird HE shots on fangs ...

I'm not sure about the other weapons but rifles 3D model does seem to affect hitboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    darker racist
    That's hilarious.

I know what I'm calling racial racist latents from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Also, model size shouldn't matter, it's such an unimportant detail.
    This is funny... almost made it my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    I'm not sure about the other weapons but rifles 3D model does seem to affect hitboxes.
    I can confirm that wand melee changes based on weapon length. Mugetsu Ounusa is a lot longer than, say, Pristine Small Hammer, and the range difference is quite noticeable.

It's probably safe to assume that all melee weapons have their normals altered by the size of the weapon, aside from possibly things like Jet Boots. Can't say for sure about Photon Arts though.

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Rifle and launcher lengths do have a different "spawn" for the bullets and shells. I have tested this a lot, since it can really affect game play.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?