Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    That would be a complete waste. Plus wands do techs just fine. Don't know why people keep saying they should get PAs.

I do love how the OP gives all these extensive changes that would require completely reprogramming wands and then says at the end that it would take minimal work from Sega. Like most fix threads, it really does not come off as something actually considering what's currently in the game. Just another thread about how a person wants the class to be like.
    Wands are already powerful as hell.

I run around floating continent (I know only level 63 right) killing things on Ex-Wand under normal attack as fighter/techer. With ultimate coming in, if weapons become elemental weapons and the grind rate allows for +100% ATP (I say ATP when I mean all attack) and it starts at 1000.....

...we are talking about players who will be willing to take a wand, grind it up to +40 for 2000 ATP, then use wand reactor to have +800 ATP added to it for +2800 ATP. On top of it there would be some killer potential and the Tech damage also will be insane...

Then if 13* crafting came out...and people wanted an element on it (if it started neutral) they would built for 50% element using the element to start at 10% I think?) so in the end....

We would have 4000 - 5000 S-ATK on a wand, with 50%....you can kiss all of those enemies on XH dead in one normal attack or Just attack, and we havent talked about affixes. Im im talking about over double increase...

...I mean shit...I practically walk up to SH bosses and just wand wack them to death. I had to learn to use Fighter Weapons to keep myself from being bored at destroying Banshees and Banthers in seconds....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I don't understand why you're replying to me specifically. If you're trying to explain wands are powerful, that's what I've been saying these last few posts. I play two different characters solely as Techer (one S-ATK, one T-ATK, Hunter/Fighter subclasses respectively), and I've been doing the same stuff you describe for quite a while. I know wand damage is good. That's why I waste my time bickering with every moron that still hasn't caught up with EP3's rebalance and thinks Techer is still the horrible class it used to be.

A lot of your post about Ultimate is purely speculative. We don't know if OP potentials will come out. The elemental weapons bit makes no sense. Grind rate has already been observed to be lower for 13*s for the first grind than it should be if it was going to be 200%. We don't know if wands will have such high base attack, or if any 13* wands will be released in the first place. Crafting weapons does not allow you to add an element to a weapon that doesn't have an element, so there's two layers of speculation on that one. We don't know if XH enemies will not be bulky enough to require that kind of ATK stat in the first place. Affixes will not even add close to double the amount of ATK you would have with 13*s if they had such absurd damage output in the first place, unless new affixes were added.

Please, fact check.

Btw, Loveless One can already get over 4000 S-ATK with Te/Fi or Fi/Te.

Garuga:There's nothing wrong with wand damage at all,it's very strong like others mentioned.My point is that it's also pretty dull,i'd like some added flair to wands that's all.

It would be nice if there was a way to consume Wand gear for some purpose while using Wand Lovers.

It basically only exists for those strange players who like using wands without Wand Lovers now.

...Like most fix threads, it really does not come off as something actually considering what's currently in the game. Just another thread about how a person wants the class to be like.
    That is EXACTLY what this thread is. Its not a 'lets fix Techer' thread. its a 'Lets make it more interesting' thread. It by definition has nothing to do with whats in the game. Its what we would LIKE to be in the game.

I was quite depressed to log on to see pretty much everyone who posted on this thread think that is what I meant.

The goal here was to make Techer interesting and fun to play compared to spamming left mouse or casting techs. (at which point your basically playing a Fo/Te but with different skill trees and a different mobbing tech that just happens to involve pressing 2 buttons to win.)

I do love how the OP gives all these extensive changes that would require completely reprogramming wands and then says at the end that it would take minimal work from Sega.
    What i meant is that if SEGA decided to buckle down and redesign the whole class, which is what would be needed to introduce enough interesting stuff to make it interesting, this is the shortest route to that being just reprogramming what is already there and/or adding some extra animations. Hell even that last bit would just be the icing on the cake.

So please, can we get some discussion on how to make Techer FUN rather than how OP it is. And stop worrying about the balance of it all, that part can be worked out later, what mechanics would YOU want to see that would make Techer more interesting to play outside of left-click spam and normal tech casting.

And how much did you agree with the ideas that I posted, as so far no-body has even commented on them -.-
    Last edited by Drazn42; Nov 15, 2014 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazn42 View Post
    That is EXACTLY what this thread is. Its not a 'lets fix Techer' thread. its a 'Lets make it more interesting' thread. It by definition has nothing to do with whats in the game. Its what we would LIKE to be in the game.
    Honestly that's still the same.
    I was quite depressed to log on to see pretty much everyone who posted on this thread think that is what I meant.
    Primarily because everyone doesn't like one player being the one "in charge" of changes. No offense, just stating the obvious.

The goal here was to make Techer interesting and fun to play compared to spamming left mouse or casting techs. (at which point your basically playing a Fo/Te but with different skill trees and a different mobbing tech that just happens to involve pressing 2 buttons to win.)
    Thing is, why make changes to a class that's already good enough to compete with other classes? As far as I'm concern just about every class in pressing 2-3-4 buttons win.

Yea I understand that you want to make the class fun but your definition of fun/interesting may differ from others.

As for redesigning the class, might as well redesign the entire game so things remain closely "balance" as possible (whatever Sega's definition balance is). All that can be really down are nerfs/buffs and new skill additions.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Nov 15, 2014 at 07:57 AM.

Honestly that's still the same.
    No, making a class fun has nothing to do with actually making it viable, which is what the term 'Fix' in this case means. Lets please stop thinking in these terms. This is simply a wishlist thread for interesting ideas.

Primarily because everyone doesn't like one player being the one "in charge" of changes. No offense, just stating the obvious.
    What? Who said anything about me or anyone else being in charge of the changes? I just posted a list of ideas I've had for a while now about making Techer more fun, and now i'm 'in charge?'

I would love to be able to do SOMETHING to Techer, but...
    Yea I understand that you want to make the class fun but your definition of fun/interesting may differ from others.
    this is EXACTLY why i said at the end of my post: "At-least that's my opinion. What do you guys think? What would you do differently?" Because that's what I wanted this thread to be: Interesting ideas from lots of people, so we can find some common ground.

Thing is, why make changes to a class that's already good enough to compete with other classes? As far as I'm concern just about every class in pressing 2-3-4 buttons win.
    And this is EXACTLY my problem with PSO2. This game has so much potential, it has a kick-ass engine, the art design is excellent, combat is fluid and satisfying even when you are just pressing one button to win. But it is let down hugely by a extremely poorly handled back-end of skills and abilities that need some serious work to improve.

In short, I think ALL classes weapons etc need this sort of attention, but you have to agree that currently with the meta as it is that spamming one or two things until things die is NOT interesting. I mean, i don't even have a huge issue with the meta for each class being just one thing, as long as it is an INTERESTING one thing.

I mean, look at how WoW is balanced, there is one way to play every class for each role pretty much, but that one way is varied and interesting due to the fact it involves a multitude of abilities all with different timings. I just want something like that, but in PSO2.

So please, ideas about how to make this one class fun, and lets keep away from how OP it is, the balance of other classes etc etc.
    Last edited by Drazn42; Nov 15, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Techer's already in a great place. I don't really want to see any significant changes to it, as I'm happy with where it is now.

I don't understand why people keep saying wands need to get PAs. They already do have PAs - they're called techs. There's no real difference between PAs and techs. They both cost PP to deal damage in varying ways. Is it just that people want an animation that looks like a melee attack? Is something that looks like a spell so terrible? I don't get it.

The problem Rayden is that is rather uninspired. Techer is pretty much just a slightly different way of playing a Force rather than a unique class in it's own regard.

PAs would also give meaning to Wand Gear which literally has no meaning with how Wand Lovers works atm. It would also give Te/Hu an edge against the other options since they would have other options to work with.

But personally, as i noted in my OP, i would like Techs and Wand Gear to actually have an interaction...

Try to imagine the current balance of power for Techer, but you had more buttons to press. This would be more interesting, no?

I suppose the idea is if you want to have PAs and techs you should be a Jet Boots Bouncer.