Thread: Best Ra/Hu PB?

Default Best Ra/Hu PB?

Need some help deciding on what PB to get, if anyone knows which are: decent in most situations, best for damage and best for support, would greatly appreciate any info.

Cetus proi for the pp regen is generally the most useful, especially when loaded with wb
    Julius nifta is pretty handy for the zondeel effect, to subsequently land a strong cluster bullet to 1 hit everything, but the utility is generally only useful in mpas and aqs, where you generally would have a fo for zondeel anws
    Illos imera is just in this list because it is the strongest (highest damaging) pb for damage alone, but damaging pbs are still meh (because I rather use my PB for something I cannot already do i.e utility rather than damage)

Go with cetus proi imo. You can never go wrong with it. Not to mention it has the fastest pb recharge rate. As others have said, Julius N is really nice too, but since I always do almost everything with my friend who mains FO, I never actually had to use it.
    Last edited by escarlata; Nov 16, 2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Cetus proi for the pp regen is generally the most useful, especially when loaded with wb
    Julius nifta is pretty handy for the zondeel effect, to subsequently land a strong cluster bullet to 1 hit everything, but the utility is generally only useful in mpas and aqs, where you generally would have a fo for zondeel anws
    Illos imera is just in this list because it is the strongest pb for damage alone, but damaging pbs are still meh.

Go with cetus proi imo. You can never go wrong with it. Not to mention it has the fastest pb recharge rate.
    Alright, thanks :P

I'd recommend getting Julius Nifta once you get strong/skilled enough to manage PP with skills like Killing Bonus and/or Tactics Trap, as Ra/Hu you really can have too much PP. Nifta's range is actually much bigger, duration is much longer and sunction is much stronger than ones of Zondeel, so it's much more reliable (when it's ready). Force's Zondeel generally works nice against smaller mobs, but Nifta renders Goldrahda-like enemies and certain minibosses absolutely helpless (and then you put WB on their heads and use Sat Cannon).

Throw in a weapon with decent T-atk and Julius Nifta will be doing 5 digit damage per tick too. I dunno how many high end rifles and launchers have T-atk though.

I switch to my Biskedrop (crushing blow gunslash, 975 t-atk) to use J. Nifta. Vibras Cannon, Galette Chocolat, and Hurio Snowty also have a similar amount of t-atk.

No reason to get Hurio Snowty though unless you play FO/RA or RA/FO, due to how expensive and limited it is.

Ajax Imera and Julius Imera kill entire spawns; I'm not sure how one could even pretend damage PB are not useful, let alone pretend Ketos Proi still is more useful.

I've killed sub bosses in one PB, whether it's the two mentioned above (R-ATK classes), Helix Imera (S-ATK classes) or Julius Nifta (T-ATK classes).

If you think Ketos Proi is bad, your own damage must be pretty bad to not be able to make it more useful than most other PBs. I for one have never heard of Ajax Imera or Julius Imera being remotely worthwhile, let alone better than Ketos Proi. Have any video evidence to support that?

Julius N used to good effect here:

And I think Keeroc's RaBr 2:55 Nab2 used Julius N too

Edit: Oh Julius I not N, haven't seen anything about that myself.
    Last edited by Selphea; Nov 15, 2014 at 09:17 PM.

Yeah, Julius Nifta is one of the best PBs in the game. Almost every TA I've seen uses either that or Ketos Proi. And the boss rushes tend to go for Ilios Proi or Ketos Proi. I don't watch ranged classes much so I don't know if Ilios Imera is actually good or not like the first reply to OP says, but I have never even seen any other PBs used in a manner where a different PB wouldn't have been better.

Actually, since I haven't said so, OP, I would recommend Julius Nifta. Best mobbing PB, and between bosses and mobs, Ranger has more trouble with the latter, so it makes sense to pick a PB that annihilates large spawns with ease. Ketos Proi is great, especially in MPAs because it affects every person that comes into contact with Ketos' field, but personally, I think you'd be better off with Julius Nifta.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Nov 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM.