Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Red face Build critique thus far w/ Dilemma...

Hey all,

So I'm still relatively "new" to PSO2 (haven't been on for a year yet) and I've made a lot of progress with my build. However, I'm not exactly sure where to take it from here

http://youtu.be/XtQa9b2dAp0

Would there be a way to keep the same versatility but maximize more on damage? I know a lot of this will change after Nov.19th, but I'm sure I can get more out of this build as it stands.

In addition if you want to look at it, here's my skill tree as well:
    My Skill Tree

I should also note that I realize a few things,
    For a BR/BO setup, those Blues in the video have no potential and standardizing the stats from crafting has little to no effect. However if I want to get better boots, then I'll need to craft them. Despite the fact that crafting 10*+ weapons is usually detrimental, I don't see much alternative for this build. So I'd wonder how far the swing would be once I do that to say an 11* boot set (if I could that is...). Same would go for many of my out-of-class sets such as my Rod and Twin Guns.

I'm geared toward S-ATK so I know I'll never be able to maximize my damage output for FO PAs, unless I probably get a new T-ATK mag (and more than likely realign my Skill Tree...but that's not going to happen).

I appreciate all the constructive feedback and suggestions. Happy playing with you all and looking forward to Nov.19th!

UPDATE:
    So thanks to the many suggestions (and trolls apparently), here are the new results:
    http://youtu.be/fM6NpG3qIeA
    Still a bit bummed about losing out on the Tech secondaries, but I'll get used to items eventually. Besides, there'd be no use for Techs...if they're all dead XD. Somehow I'll need to get the Light stat up and (maybe? idk) affix more things to my Yasha and work on my General set aka my Bio Janen, Solis Ryu, and Sukei Suzumi that are in inventory. I also have my eye on Raven units.
    Last edited by XTREEMMAK; Nov 17, 2014 at 06:53 AM.

Oh dear... someone hold me...

Okay... what do you want to do...?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 17, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I'll be honest with you.

Your BR tree is kind of a disaster right now a total disaster right now. Thankfully skill resets are coming so you don't need to buy a new one.

As said above, what are you trying to do?

Okay...

I'll start by saying you can't do everything and be effective. In very many cases, trying to go hybrid is ill advised. Specific types work, but you'll have to say what you really want out of your gameplay.

Second: a more efficient method, when you're used to it, is setting up your PA pallets to something like this. And use a keystroke to switch between them. I use the function keys for example.

Maintain versatility and maximize as much as possible on damage. I like being a mixed bag instead of a one trip pony really. I like using close hand combat with minimal magic techs on the side to stun mobs around me, or for resta in general since I don't like relying on item stock. Force was my first option, however BO became a new option recently since I maxed it today. I've heard of builds central to specific tasks such as TACO runs or XQ runs, but never could find solid details.

As for the BR tree. Yeah I started off on my own then started looking up build advice later on and got multiple viewpoints. If I had to guess in a few places, many would say I probably wouldn't/shouldn't invest anything in Bullet Bow skills, and Critical is more of a waist. I don't play with Weak stance at all so I probably should have invested those more into Average stance instead.

While I'll debate Bullet Bow, I wouldn't argue about the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    I really hope this is a troll topic.
    Edit: Ahahaha I just watched the video. That's actually your skill tree! Dear god I hope you have some reset passes, you poor soul.
    Edit 2: And if you don't intend to fix your broken skill tree, I really hope I NEVER play with you.
    P.S. Don't play FO if you don't have a T-ATK Mag.
    Yeah thanks for nothing...:/
    Last edited by XTREEMMAK; Nov 17, 2014 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    I really hope this is a troll topic.
    Edit: Ahahaha I just watched the video. That's actually your skill tree! Dear god I hope you have some reset passes, you poor soul.
    Now now, let's actually make this community seem like it's worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Now now, let's actually make this community seem like it's worth something.
    Thank you Maninblue.

If I may ask then, what are the common scenarios to answer this question in regards to play style then if I should consider them? I know I like close range combat, but also see the benefit over long range if I can't sustain in intense situations.

Quote Originally Posted by XTREEMMAK View Post
    Maintain versatility and maximize as much as possible on damage. I like being a mixed bag instead of a one trip pony really.
    Yeah right there is a problem. Very specific setups do that for specific reasons, and you're not doing any of them right now.

I like using close hand combat with minimal magic techs on the side to stun mobs around me, or for resta in general since I don't like relying on item stock. Force was my first option, however BO became a new option recently since I maxed it today. I've heard of builds central to specific tasks such as TACO runs or XQ runs, but never could find solid details.
    Make friends with your items.
    Anyway, if you want melee+techs you'll want TE or BO.
    Please don't put those two classes together.

As for the BR tree. Yeah I started off on my own then started looking up build advice later on and got multiple viewpoints. If I had to guess in a few places, many would say I probably wouldn't/shouldn't invest anything in Bullet Bow skills, and Critical is more of a waist. I don't play with Weak stance at all so I probably should have invested those more into Average stance instead.
    Well you pretty much figured out this one on your own.

It's just a bit daunting since... you'd need a full debriefing of popular setups and why.

If you want techs for support and melee, Bo with Hu, or Fi, but only if you plan to use Bo weapons.

Also, 9/10 meta setups in this game are all about putting your eggs in one basket. Specialization is the name of the game here. Try to go against it, and you'd be half as effective at any one thing you do.

For example, you want to melee? Heavy investment into the S atk stat on your mag. You're going to have either Hu, or Fi as a sub or main to support your damage, then work out what you want to do from there.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 17, 2014 at 03:08 AM.

Maintain versatility and maximize as much as possible on damage. I like being a mixed bag instead of a one trip pony really. I like using close hand combat with minimal magic techs on the side to stun mobs around me, or for resta in general since I don't like relying on item stock. Force was my first option, however BO became a new option recently since I maxed it today. I've heard of builds central to specific tasks such as TACO runs or XQ runs, but never could find solid details.

While I'll debate Bullet Bow, I wouldn't argue about the others.

Yeah thanks for nothing...:/
    Well you already said you don't actually want to change your tree. So nothing I can do is going to help you. Your builds are shit. All of them. Fix them or you will be a burden to every party you join. I am willing to offer advice but you don't seem to want it.