Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    so basically, UQ is given Monster Hunter Difficulty?

trash mobs stuns you then wyvern/dragon nails the coffin on you?

based on what I read, I think I'll like it.

flinchlocking might sound cheap but, considering I've been flinched killed countless times on MH, it's mostly the player's fault for not anticipating it/not thinking ahead.

inb4 XH TD3 is Given REAL ARMORED CORE Difficulty.

SEGA, get help from Software and make it a reality.

MH is still more fair in terms of trash.

I haven't really given it a fair shot, but if it's really more of the same (pretty polarizing opinions on it) it may have benefitted more from a 4 person cap for the area. Speaking of 4 person caps, I think a lot of people would appreciate a dungeon crawl area that isn't tailored for 12 people as in gigantic wide open sand boxes of nothing. OR MAYBE THATS JUST ME IDK I REALLY LIKED INFINITY...oh and Episode 2 of PSO, area wise at least.
    Last edited by Jaqlou Swig KING; Nov 20, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
    U mod me it's yo azz

PSO2's UQ difficulty took far more finesse than anything Capcom programmed into MH: PSO2 allows for fast gameplay where the character doesn't feel like an inept weakling, but has still managed to produce dangerous situations where the player is easily killed.

MH's "challenge" rests solely on the limited abilities and slowness of the player character.

Kudos, Sega, for once again showing Capcom how it's done.
    Last edited by MidCap; Nov 20, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    PSO2's UQ difficulty took far more finesse than anything Capcom programmed into MH: PSO2 allows for fast gameplay where the character doesn't feel like a weak piece of crap, but has still managed to produce dangerous situations where the player is easily killed.

MH's "challenge" rests solely on the limited abilities and slowness of the player character.

You make it seem we are stiff boards on monster hunter. I don't find ultimate quests all that challenging myself only issue is enemies can gang up on your much easier because they take so much to kill.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

fudou is amazing
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    so basically, UQ is given Monster Hunter Difficulty?

trash mobs stuns you then wyvern/dragon nails the coffin on you?

based on what I read, I think I'll like it.

flinchlocking might sound cheap but, considering I've been flinched killed countless times on MH, it's mostly the player's fault for not anticipating it/not thinking ahead.

inb4 XH TD3 is Given REAL ARMORED CORE Difficulty.

SEGA, get help from Software and make it a reality.
    Long post incoming.

After clocking 1300 hours in MH3U and building every armor set available the blademasters (and many gunner sets), I wasn't reminded of MH3U's gameplay at all while playing Ultimate except that maybe they were trying to be like MH, but not by imitating anything that actually makes MH good (at least, in my opinion). I don't know about the other MH titles, but the focus felt like it was mostly on trash mobs in Ult because that's most of what I fought.

In MH3U my experience was mostly tracking down a monster by looking in the areas it's likely to be, then fighting it. The fight was primarily with the boss. Trash mobs were essentially a non-issue.

When a boss did spawn in Ult, it was accompanied by nonstop rolling rongo reskins. All they did was go through me back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. If I had massive hunter I could just ignore them. If I didn't I killed them. That was my Ult experience.

With 1700 hp, an elder pain, and automate halfline I never once died while dealing with the vol bird in an 8 man mpa, the jellyfish in a 6 man mpa, and the rare vol bird in a 4-5 man mpa (or at all the rest of the time, lol). I did get knocked around but that was it. Nobody can even kneejerkedly segafanboy it out by trying to say I should learn to not die. I wasn't dying. It's just boring. Nothing of any real significance happens. It's not that they take too long to kill, it's that all you do is spam AOE and they still die like normal. You clump up and obliterate them like normal. If I didn't have my OP healing sword I'd be spamming AOE from a bit farther back and avoiding a few more attacks, like I used to before I had it. Nothing's different, just more exaggerated. I didn't even feel like killing stuff took too long since I actually wanted it to be even longer...the combat just didn't feel improved. The damage I took was actually so pitiful that in 2 hours I used about 20 monomates and 2 dimates from automate halfline. I find more XQs more threatening.

All this is primarily an issue with the attacks available to the players being able to blanket and obliterate things, but also with the way player hp is largely about 1-2shot or noshot for most builds. Healing sources are plentiful, which they shouldn't be. They should make it about health in the long term, not the short term. Getting juggled to death in .2 seconds because one hit landed on you is not a challenge. Caution and strategy in the long term because you'll run out of heals if you're not careful and then get juggled to death is a better challenge IMO. Make enemies deal less damage, but have far less healing at the players' disposal. Resta should have a limited number of uses in Ult and heal a fraction of what it does, mates should have their heals halved, and hp steal weapons should be based on a % of the enemy's remaining hp so they have diminishing returns against bosses (which is where they actually matter). Add a 1* gunslash with a level 1 latent that steals HP only from Ultimate enemies. That'll be your only source of healing when everything else runs out. Make Ultimate about surviving the whole quest, not avoiding flinch in individual fights in individual rooms. With the way it is now it's just a series of samey fights in samey rooms.

Sega exaggerated all the same boring design decisions to an extreme, and failed to capture what I enjoyed in MH3U - the long fight. This was just a series of menial frustrations and lazy non-challenges made up of game design decisions Sega decided on over 2 years ago and simply will not budge from.

I'm not even going to mention the droprates. I hear they're bad, but when aren't they? That was never going to change. There should have mixed rarities of decent and unique rares to reward short term play and long term play, but I've said that since launch and it hasn't happened yet. It seems like Ult is just another timesink meant to force you to do something for tens to hundreds of hours for minimal chances at temporarily exclusive rewards, just like everything other gametype when it was new.

Long post over.

Basically, I had way more fun with 2-4 people in Ult than I did with a full MPA because then I at least had to apply myself, but I wasn't having much fun then either. There was no chance I was going to get something for my time.

Ultimate being decent was kind of the last thing I was holding on to, so meh. I hear Nova makes like none of the mistakes PSO2 does. That's cool.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 20, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

PSO2's UQ difficulty took far more finesse than anything Capcom programmed into MH: PSO2 allows for fast gameplay where the character doesn't feel like an inept weakling, but has still managed to produce dangerous situations where the player is easily killed.

just like how you have to stand still for an eternity to use a mate/moon, unlike pso1 where they were instant (and that instant usage was the reason someone might want to be using items instead of magic in some situations).

pso2 definitely has it's fair share of artificial slowness.
    Last edited by reaper527; Nov 20, 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    After clocking 1300 hours in MH3U and building every armor set available the blademasters (and many gunner sets), I wasn't reminded of MH3U's gameplay at all while playing Ultimate except that maybe they were trying to be like MH, but not by imitating anything that actually makes MH good (at least, in my opinion). I don't know about the other MH titles, but the focus felt like it was mostly on trash mobs in Ult because that's most of what I fought.

In MH3U my experience was mostly tracking down a monster by looking in the areas it's likely to be, then fighting it. The fight was primarily with the boss. Trash mobs were essentially a non-issue.
    It's like that in every MH, yep. Trash mobs in MH are nuisances, because the primary focus is on the bosses. Hell, most quests in Frontier don't even feature mobs. Trash mobs in PSO2 hit almost as hard as the bosses do, and the bosses are jokes.

Honestly, saying the two are alike...lol. It's true that part of MH's difficulty is overcoming player limitations, but that's how every game is. Nothing special about that. MH shines in making the bosses fuck your shit up if you don't know how to fight them. They're still jokes once you can (barring a good number of exceptions), but not even close to the same degree as in PSO2, where every boss is a trivial matter.

"Ult will have enemy with Strike/Range/Tech resistance(With a focus on Shooting and Tech resist)" Oh look, they've nerfed gunners again!