Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

...you mean UQs aren't like that already? Unbelievable.

Though, even if that were the case, between all the different healing items, your mag, Ketos Proi, tech users with Resta and Megiverse, Just Reversal Cover and other healing skills, Moon Atomizers and Cosmo Atomizers for revival, etc, I don't think it'd make a very big difference.

Crosspost attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Still feel like the only reason some say it feels like more of the same because there's a dozen people on the map that spawn on top of each other.

If we had a single party quest with:

-ult enemies/AI/patterns/damage levels.
    -more hitsun resistant infections on enemies adding value to hardstuns and freezing like PSO ult (hardstuns do not break on attacks on enemies immune to hitstun, such as gilnach).
    -maybe... a requirement to complete in A1 to gain access to A2, a boss, and an RDR boost in order to kill off boss rushing. Maybe something like... the % tracker for apos kills before luther, except a certain threshold is required to get in A2. Enemy kills increase it. Player KOs decrease it. Going higher ups RDR.
    -telepipes disabled.
    -'return to campship' replaced with 'retire' if KOed.
    -maybe just to screw with players make fungi/ecode rescue happen at least once!
    -oh! E-code protection completion for aircraft is required to have air support. May throw down some fire, or come to a cleared grid to drop off a green box with like... 4 mates/atomizers once every 2 or 3 grids maybe. Fail, and have no air support for the remainder of the quest.
    -No additional enemies spawn with bosses.

No limits to how much you can run this quest.
    The lower exp is perfectly fine.
    Make friends with reverser field techers, and coordinate moon atomizer useage. Mag production devices could be left as is maybe... actually production triggers are fine. Just make it so friendly vtol will never drop off healing items.

I kinda came up with this as I went. I'm sure I could come up with more ways to re-purpose old trivial ecodes given time. Whaddya guys think? I feel like this would be a quest that would really want you to get 3 of your trusted bros, make an actual coordinated team effort, and feel damn good clearing it.
    I think I take the mag production bit back, and have the player rely on air support to drop off healing items once in a while.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    @ Giga

Every Monster Hunter games had one thing in them, the Long Fights, and that thing is never going to change, atleast I hope so.

not sure if getting reckted within .2 secs is not a challenge, doesn't it means the enemies are getting smarter in chaining their attacks (by luck) maybe?

XQs don't feel much of a challenge in my humble opinion, aside when I'm soloing, that's a different story. I usually ignore whatever code is happening in XQs.

and lastly, having an unlimited supply of healing items are somewhat fair due to Fo/Te/Bo having access to healing techs, limiting resta uses seems interesting but, I don't think it'll ever happen unless a miracle arrives.
    Well, I know it's not 100% accurate to say a .2 second combojuggledeath isn't a challenge, but I do feel it isn't a fun or interesting one. There's no real thought involved in that.

Enemies may be getting smarter, I'm not sure. It felt more to me like they were just spamming and blanketing the area with attacks, but it really could have been that their behavior has been changed. Still though, the result is something I don't find compelling myself.

But yeah, that was just me speculating on something that could have been more fun for some of us yet retained what other people liked in Ultimate now.

I just wish there was a way to try to improve the odds of some enemies spawning over others - especially bosses. The random nature of Ultimate quests was another thing that just shot it in the leg. It would've been nice if players could select a weapon type they wanted to hunt...

But yeah, halving all healing sources, reducing each full resta to a trimate's healing, and capping resta's uses would've been nice for Ultimate IMO. HP steal weapons steal hp from the enemy to heal less from damaged enemies. Then make enemies deal less damage...maybe a quarter the damage? Pull mates out of the shops too. I know players could still leave and come back, or summon different NPCs, or other workarounds - but let's pretend that can't happen somehow. That sounds like a total blast to me.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 21, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Restricting ALL sources of healing just kinda defeats the purpose of having abnormal methods of healing in the first place. Don't restrict Resta, make the classes that can use it more frail. Make healers a valuable resource. Tanks should use War Cry or Showtime and protect the healer.

Half of the issue here is that this game is missing entire layers of strategy. There's ultimately no difference between an MPA with 11 melee Techers and 1 Ranger, and an MPA with 11 Fighters and 1 Ranger. You don't need tanks. You don't need healers. You don't need to recognize and work with anyone's role and that vastly limits any difficulty to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

There's a huge difference, but it starts with Z and not R (or M for that matter).

Force is already super fragile compared to other classes, while Techer and Bouncer have subclasses to rely on for both damage and defensive skills. Making Force more fragile won't help, making the other two fragile is an exercise in futility because they can just leech from their subclass' skills for defense.

Main issue is that HP is a plentiful resource. Affixes, units, Techer's Deband Toughness, stuff like that ensures that even the most fragile classes can hit 4 digit HP if they wanted to.

Give inherent merits and demerits to subclass skills based on what your main class is.

reported.

That sounds excessively complicated for Sega and likely to railroad players into particular builds and limit creativity.

I'd rather they stick with things that don't limit player creativity.

Well when you have so many options they end up degenerating into deal damage by doing X and avoid damage by doing Y...and given that literally no effort besides getting EXP and a weapon goes into building up a particular playstyle, as opposed to say, Mabinogi, where you can max out and use every single skill in the game interchangeably, but you have to train the skill which could take weeks to master the skill, things get very boring very fast.

Being flat out honest here - nothing short of a 100% redo of the character development system in this game would drive me to be interested in playing in the vast void between major content updates. All of my classes at at level level 70 because I capped out everything just because it was something to improve.

I've already successfully finished at least one run of ultimate quests, and I've faced each of its bosses. Given that I haven't failed, I can't work on 'improving' myself to the point of not failing either because I'm already there.

reported.

no 13* db on the wiki yet... bad luck or has sega screwed up for good?

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

Something something next update i think.

I really do want my boulay obs recolor for my space katana fetish.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!