Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

I know that a large majority of the gaming world consists of nothing but guys. Nothing against all you guys, that's for sure, but what do you all think about girl gamers? Girls who play just as much as you, as dedicated as you. I'm a girl gamer myself, but some guys find it really hard to accept the fact that girls can play as good as guys. Why is that? I don't see any difference. Can you prove me wrong?

Uh...

Hmm...

SC Gals, or Starcraft Gals, a long standing all girl guild for a while(not sure whats up with them anymore.) , was literally a joke. If you ever played a game with them, they demanded the use of hacks simply because they were poor, little, incompetant girls. I got a real kick out it all needless to say...

I don't think girls are any better or worse then men at anything, including gaming. The difference is that there are more boys that play games then girls, and that is all. But for every good guy gamer I can find a comprable girl gamer, and for every poor girl gamer I can find a poor guy gamer.

I also think a few too many girls around here are spending too much time gossiping and pondering instead of gaming. You don't see any "Guy gamers unite!" messages anywhere.

Guy Gamers UNITE!!!!.... hehehe just kidding spy hmmm... PSO as a dating
    system... ? Spy is right, aside from majority being on the guys side. And physical differences, there isn't much difference.... but if your "Girlfriend" is down to play online "With you", she gets lotso Scooby doo points... there hard to come by.. i can't get my fiancee off quake.. and she's pre-ordered worms world party... hmmm now that i think about it.. you could compare Girl games like rare items in PSO... hard to come by... let's see a duper dupe that... dating twins excluded....

<font face=times new roman color=red>Guy gamers dont have UNITE posts because most everyone is a guy gamer, therefore they are already united. For girl gamers to unite is a rare opportunity. For real girl gamers, not those that just play a little and call themselves gamers. Thats not being a gamer. True girl gamers know what I'm talkin about

BTW Prodigy, I'm makin an all girl clan for PSO, interested or nah? WE're just gonna put our name in our guild cards and make roomnames with our clan name, but we can still play with whomever we want. Just and Idea to make things more interesting I think. If not, thats cool too.
    <center>

Hee hee...guy gamers unite-that's a good one. But I agree with Sciler-most gamers are guys, and so they occupy most of the gaming world. I can tell that you two (Spy and Hunter) aren't like those jerks who put girls down. Your opinions mean a lot to me. Thanks. And Sciler, I'd love to join your group! And I totally agree with you about a true girl gamer. Anyway, some guys find it offensive when they find out they're playing with a girl. Why is that?

Oh yeah? Can you write in the snow... with your URINE?! Erm... gross. They feel threatened that their male virility might be upstaged by a frail little woman. Or that their society, which they envision as being created by males, has been infiltrated by others that want to take their power from them. They don't want you to make more money than them, they're comfotably established in their unequal pay world. Women bear and tend children - they don't go out and hunt for food or kick butt at PSO. When you introduce your estrogen into the game, their world becomes all topsy-turvy and they get anxious and overly defensive. Unfotunately for them, girls can kick butt.

Prodigy, I don't know why some guys find playing with girls to be offensive, unless most of them are 12 year old boys who haven't hit puberty yet and still find girls to be "gross." I myself find many girls gamers to be a lot of fun to play with.

Pollo - I hear that girls can write in the snow too, it just takes more effort

Lol, girls can write in the snow (with effort mind you). You're prolly right, Spy. I've been playing with too many lil kids. =) Anyways, thnx very much for clearing that up for me. It's good to know that there are some guys are accepting girl gamers. Geez, even my parents think I should leave video games to guys! Aah! How unfair! Oh well...I play them anyway. Oh, one more question: do you guys think girl gamers are tomboys? I, for one, am not, but so many ppl consider me one only because I play video games. I don't have to be a tomboy to play video games!

Banned

HEy Prodigy! Guess what! SLEET GOT DELETED! YEP! thats like the 4 time too. I think Dark Angel got deleted too. you know that i accept girl gamers cuz i only play with you like every weekend. My new force is level 8 and had a lv 200 pian. but i accidentally changed it to churle the bat thingy. And it wont let em use my pian heart to change it back! LV 8!
    o well. hopefullr forces are more intresting. Bye Prodigy!

I think a main misconception is that girls can't play games as well as guys but I think it is a per captia issue...

You have 10,000 guy gamers and 1,000 girl gamers... of course there are going to be better guy gamers out there cause it is a much bigger pool but on on the whole I think the numbers are the same.

I knew some women who could wipe up the floor with anyone in Tekken 2. They could topple the most elite over and over again... but in tandem I could destroy most hardcore puzzle gaming girls in Bust a Move 4 and Puzzle Fighter.

I don't think it has anything to do with reflexes or aggresivness... just exposure to games and in some part gender association. How many Hello Kitty games you seen marketed to 12 year old boys and how many Beast Machines toys you seen for girls?

eek..! okie this whole post got away from me...