Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Iron Will + Never Give Up VS S-ATK UP?

Friend debating which is better. More opinions matter than our three, and I want to know which is truly better?
    Can't we all just get along?

I'd go with Iron Will + Never Give Up. You'll really appreciate the times that Iron Will can save your butt especially during those unfair combos you get yourself into plus Never Give Up gives invincibility frames for 15sec and boosts SATK for like 60 sec. In ultimate, you'd want survivability a bit more, especially if you're melee.

IMO, putting points in SATK UP not required to unlock skills below it is a waste, but current skill tree places all the S-ATK UP in a separate tree, so its really pointless to invest in them unless you have nothing else to use extra skill points. The rule of thumb is to think 20~25 SATK is roughly 1% extra damage.
    Last edited by dragonpride0; Nov 22, 2014 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpride0 View Post
    I'd go with Iron Will + Never Give Up. You'll really appreciate the times that Iron Will can save your butt especially during those unfair combos you get yourself into plus Never Give Up gives invincibility frames for 15sec and boosts SATK for like 60 sec. In ultimate, you'd want survivability a bit more, especially if you're melee.

IMO, putting points in SATK UP not required to unlock skills below it is a waste, but current skill tree places all the S-ATK UP in a separate tree, so its really pointless to invest in them unless you have nothing else to use extra skill points. The rule of thumb is to think 20~25 SATK is roughly 1% extra damage.
    I say all points in IW + NGU are wasted unless you completely solo EVERYTHING. In all instances you have the ability to be revived when dead so what's the point?
    Can't we all just get along?

S-ATK Up 3 is actually worth it. +100 when maxed. Problem is, that's 16 SP to get there. But the total S-ATK is +124. It's not efficient, but it's the only way to increase your damage further past Fury skills.

Did your friend already take Automate Halfline? Would recommend that before S-ATK Up 3.

SATK Up 3 gives +100 atk.

You'd be better off grabbing iron will.

You could just forget Iron Will +NGU and go for Flashguards and/or Massive Hunter. The Flashguards are active all the time and reduce a considerable amount of damage and will help ensure you don't even reach the point where you'd need Iron will. Massive Hunter gives 45 seconds of excellent damage resist as well as immunity to flinching and knockback. It also has the side effect of making you feel Unstoppable.

I will add that Iron Will's invicibility doesn't trigger while being flinched. I had an unpleasant experience while fighting Gigur, I got hit by his sword made me fly in the air then got hit by his one of his ice projectile, iron will triggered (1HP left) but i got frozen in the air, then another projectile hit and killed me 1 sec after the IW trigger but i had IW and NGU maxed (which would have given me a 20 sec invulnerability).

So take that in account while using Iron Wil, if you get flinched, invicibity will only happen after hitting ground, otherwise just pray to no get hit while in the air (or use Massive Hunter)

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

IW+NGU saved me alot in most runs though

How about just 2 points into Iron Will+ 1 point into Never Give Up? Better than nothing.

And the rest can be spent elsewhere. As for me, I max Automate Halfline, and when IW activates, Automate Halfline activates too (And if not, 5 seconds is enough to drink a Dimate that is set in my subpallette.)
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur