Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The "Git Gud" argument doesn't work every time if you're on lag, on a shitty mpa, still hunting for better items (because we're actually hunting for better items, I suppose), not every people that play an action RPG has good reflexes/reaction time (because anyone that plays, lets say, SF IV and can't make an 10+ combo should obviously stop playing any fighting games -at all- just because they suck hard) among any other possible reasons, like sudden girlfriend on the phone or whatever else.

You see, there are people better at some things and worse at others. Different builds exist to better support those differences in skill and play style. Just shunning someone because they don't have the skill level you feel is the minimum acceptable, is, at best, a really narrow minded pov.

Specially since now it's just too easy to create an account, and top 75/75 in less than 2 months for a new player. Less than 2 months is just not that much of time to learn everything about the game mechanics, since most people have other priorities besides PSO2.

Less than 2 months is plenty of time though. PSO2 is one of the easiest games I've ever played, nowhere near comparable to a fighter. And having to afk because of phone calls or things like that doesn't make Iron Will useful. It wouldn't even save you in those situations.

Skill based arguments are kind of bad because arguing that players are bad is only true for the short term. Whether a person is bad or not doesn't matter, they will get better. Affixing for stamina and the like would be a much better alternative than spending skill points, because skill points can't be changed until your next skill tree reset pass, so you can be stuck with skills that are no longer of value to you for months after you've attained a high enough skill level not to need Iron Will or other defensive skills that act solely to make big mistakes less punishing.

1 SP in Iron Will isn't so bad, but more than that, and you're looking at a pretty likely situation where you'll regret that SP spent if a skill tree reset pass takes its sweet time to be distributed.

Btw, 10+ combos in SFIV are extremely rare and virtually non-existent, barring super/ultra combos. Try for 3-4.

IW+NGU is your only choice, do it.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Iron Will is worth it if Hunter is your universal subclass, then if in doubt you can sub Hunter to level your side classes.

I would rather have Flash Guard and Automate though.

P.S. on Sakura: Jump HK or Lv2 Focus, stand HP, EX Shunpuu, HP Shouoken. Tada 10 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    IW+NGU is your only choice, do it.
    Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Iron Will is worth it if Hunter is your universal subclass, then if in doubt you can sub Hunter to level your side classes.

I would rather have Flash Guard and Automate though.

P.S. on Sakura: Jump HK or Lv2 Focus, stand HP, EX Shunpuu, HP Shouoken. Tada 10 hits.
    Yeah, that's another thing. Iron Will is one of many Hunter skills that aid in defense, and the worst next to Guard Stance and Absorption. Automate Halfline, Flash Guard, and Massive Hunter are much better alternatives to aiding survival skills and providing additional benefits in abusing super armor. While Iron Will can be used to abuse super armor, it only has a random chance of activating (unlike every other defensive Hunter skill), so even if you dump 10 SP into it there's still a 1/4 chance of having nothing to show for it (bad investment), and when it does activate, you're at 1 HP, so if you get hit again you die. And Never Give Up makes it a 15 SP investment that still has a 1/4 chance of doing absolutely nothing. The random chance just isn't worth it in favor of all the other, guaranteed, plain and simply better options.

I thought you meant 10 separate attacks, not actual hits. Oops~

I'm so starved for meseta that I don't build automate so I don't ever have to buy mates

How do you heal yourself when you get hit then.

Chainsawd obviously.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Sarcasm alert down here.

Spoiler!

Also, I mostly play SF IV with Cammy, Juri and ibuki. It's easy enough to get 10hit+ with them ._.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Iron Will pisses me off with its unreliability. Chance to work, gets rekt from lag, makes me have false hope it'll save me. Lamest shit ever. Reduce max rank to 5 at 80% or something and maybe I'd like it more.