Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Yu Suganuma preparing major update for PSO 15th annivesary..

For PSP2i, for Phantsy Star Online's 10th annivesary, he implemented planet Ragol from PSO1.

He has stated that after the new Big boss Magatsu during december update for PSO2 Episode 3 2nd Major update, and PSO's 15th annivesary
    He has prepared a new "system(システム)" that players from PSO will recognize and be suprised by.

So...Any guess on what the system will be?

Source
    http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2014/11/141126a.html
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Hmmm...PSO...Here were my favorites and worse..

Favorites:

Drops:
    Turning Monster Parts that were drops into weapons themselves. Those were fun, along with all of those fake agitos looking for the real one.

Maps and Areas:

Endless Nightmare was my favorite. Unique maps for events, etc...

Shops
    I remember the shop changed items but that is not a system since it was really mostly tech disks.

???? + General Combat System
    There were weapons that had ???? and had an activated ability up to four levels. My favorite was the combat system that allowed me to use Normal Attack, Heavy Attack, and Special Attack. These were basic keys towards playing the game. The pretty thing was that there were also multiple Percentages. Rather than have Elemental Damage, there were Race-Type Damage. Natives, Dragons, Machines, Dark percentages...., not to mention the lower the weapon used was ranked, the higher the Monogrinder grind worked. I remember Saber+255s. Of course a lot of weapon specials were simply replaced by photon arts.

Attribute Cap:
    When players reached the maximum level, they were not at maximum attributes. There were attribute enhancers throughout the game which increased attributes by a minimal amount permanently. In fact players were always after the ones that increased Luck. Basically your character attributes were around 85 - 90% of maximum at maximum level and then one would use the items to eventually reach max cap.

Class Naming Scheme:

Perhaps the most unique thing to PSO-1 game to me was the class system in which a player would have Race and Gender encapsulated with the class in front. I always played as Hunewearls and Fonewearls and I do Fighter/Techer in this game to a certain way that almost emulates PSO-1 HUnewearls....since I can do a lot with wands as a fighter...and have a damage solution for 0 PP.

Things I hated the most:

Section ID:
    Nothing pissed me off more than having to play the same characters with different IDs. In fact if we didn't know what the IDs meant, we could doom ourselves.

Forced Maps:
    Originally players went through Forest, Caves, and Mines. Then upon reaching ruins they had to go back to the other maps and activate three obelisks or whatever they were to open the door to ruins...

That pissed me off....but not as much as the whole section IDs....where only 4 - 6 of them were useful and the others were garbage

Rare Drop Rate:

Equipment was cut off at around level 85 - 89 for armors....but then you had to go through a really shitty drop rate for better things. By really shitty...there were players who would literally create Run-Records of 200 - 400 runs looking for a single drop.

Episode III....

This whole series every Episode III is different in one way or another. Sure, i could appreciate the card game but I loved the music in Episode III a lot better. But last I checked in Episode III the enemies were called Arks also were they not? ...and we went around summoning monsters. (yeah! I'll summon a few thousand boomas up your ass too)

Elemental Set:

I hated the whole "Three Enemies, Same Family, all weak to different element." which is why I rather used anti-Native Weapons.

Ok, Things I really miss:

I miss the classic creatures that were 2D creatures turn 3D. I miss Grass Assassins, Pan Arms, and I actually miss the Sorcs the most...I dont mean crappy Luda Sorcs that got driven out of their ruins and are shit compared to the other sorcs...

Before we had Chaos Sorcerers, and then in PSU we had Gaozorans who were really good buffed up. I mean shit...I remember how fast Delsabers were....

I wrote it before, I but I miss Normal Attack being phased out in favor of Photon Arts. Its always now that 0 PP = character is rendered useless..unless I use my wands I brought over to fighter and can hit for 5 digit numbers.

Amazing when in Ultimate Mode everyone loses 100 PP and Im the only one in the field actually hitting for 5 digit numbers.

...but still......Losing Normal Attack, Heavy Attack and Special Attack has always made me sad ;(

Ok here is my list...
    I hope their system is not making flowers that cast megid...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

More lobbies?

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Equipment was cut off at around level 85 - 89 for armors....but then you had to go through a really shitty drop rate for better things. By really shitty...there were players who would literally create Run-Records of 200 - 400 runs looking for a single drop.
    600 runs later I still don't have a dragon slayer

From datamining, from like 5~6 months ago.
    New weird lobby areas: ChallengeLobby (0103--0100 is the main lobby), Shooter (0105).
    Maybe challenge mode? Would be nice....
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

finally, update where there's actaully content update that not just new costume, map or enemy.
    I hope this update really hits and make the game more enjoyable in long run.

Soccer Lobby?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

thanks Ezo..

Challenge Mode was the best....and I loved the way that worked out. No excuse if you couldn't work as a team through it. I forgot about that mode...guess I am getting old
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Most likely Day Dawns playing in the lobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

A familiar system...hmm...oh, I know, I know! Word Select! Finally, at long last, I'll be able to properly communicate my love of bonsai trees once more.