Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default That's how PS5 combat system should be

I was watching some Shining Resonance videos and I'm surprised to see the perfect hybrid between random encounters and action rpg already exists:

Why should Phantasy Star 5 play like this? easy, turn based j-rpg seems to be extinct (other than cheap handheld/mobile games), and action has been all in this franchise since PSO (other than the remakes), I'm sure this would be enjoyable for both fanbases if a true sequel to PS4 is ever made by the correct people.

I honestly think it's about time to bring the franchise back to it's turn based, 3-D dungeon roots. I absolutely adore PSO and some of the spin offs but PS4 was so long ago and would love to make my way back to the Algol Solar System again.

I personally like both and don't know what I'd prefer... simultaneous release of each style I say! =P

One of the best features of the entire franchaise IMO is something I often complain about all the time to various game forums... There just aren't enough futuristic sci-fi games out there that are NOT post-apocalyptic, wastelands, badlands, dustlands, dirty, grungy, dark...It's like other than Phantasy star, there's xenosaga and star-trek and...that's pretty much it. Everything else is like humanity is almost exctinct, everything is abandoned, all the planets are nuclear wastelands...geeze... How about some games set in a future that people would WANT to evolve into?

Seeing the characters

P S 5

together creates a desire deep down inside. Haven't been around this site for a while but I hope to find more hints to keep the dream alive.
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeFiler View Post
    I honestly think it's about time to bring the franchise back to it's turn based, 3-D dungeon roots. I absolutely adore PSO and some of the spin offs but PS4 was so long ago and would love to make my way back to the Algol Solar System again.
    I second this. When people talk about the great "old school" rpgs PS4 is rarely mentioned for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeFiler View Post
    I would love that!!

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

I don't get it. How does the battle system work?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I want to mention. It was eight years between the start and finish of the classic Phantasy Star series. And it's been twenty years since the last game of that series was released. It's unlikely that, and I'd argue unwise for, the classic series to continue.

That being said, the most likely source of its revival is the fans that grew up with the games. There's enough technology that a group of skilled artists and programmers can create a game more advanced than the originals, and are likely the only ones around who remember the tone of the series. In that case, an indie turn based RPG is what we'd see. If Sega were to do anything, it would be to use the IP as another poorly managed cash grab with little regard with the source material.

You forgot Star Ocean.

The 3d Games in a nutshell. Lol
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Jan 5, 2018 at 03:29 AM.