Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSNOVA made the lowest sales

PSNOVA made the lowest sales debut from the whole Phantasy Star Sony -based handheld game series.

Its been a week since PSNOVA hits the market, and the decline of the physically packaged games seems to have not stopped as SEGA faced the same problem during the early quarters of 2014. PSNOVA - developed by an independent Japanese game developer triAce, sold 107,313 copies on the first week in which sadly the lowest sales in the history of the Phantasy Star Sony-based handheld games.

The first ever Phantasy Star Portable sold 341,700 copies on its first week in 2008, while Phantasy Star Portable 2 sold 286,896 copies in 2009 and Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity sold 206,654 copies in 2011. Excluding Phantasy Star 0 which was exclusively available in Nintendo DS sold 84,055 copies on its first week.

Three possible reasons come in mind why the decline of the game was so heavy - First is the fact that many of the Phantasy Star audience could already play the game for free on both PC and the VITA (PSO2), Second is the fact that there has been just too many multiplayer-focused Vita games released on the platform rapidly and third is the fact that Atlus released Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Knight of Fafnir on the same week PSNOVA was released selling 59,531 copies whereas Kadokawa's Fate/Hollow Ataraxia remastered for the PSVITA sold 53,979 copies.

Despite PSNOVA having a chance to actually play the game with a few exclusive contents that are not present in its connecting universe, the lack of the fact that there are still some things you can't just have on a portable game.

As terrible as it is compared to its portable predecessors. The fact that PSNOVA currently holds "Top 2" on the weekly sales chart in Japan while Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire sold 298,613 copies last week which is the current Top 1 holder while Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sold 27,624 copies which currently Top 5 whereas Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Knight of Fafnir (Top 3) and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (Top 4).
    Your signature image was 1,022px × 328px. Signature images are limited to a combined total of 600 pixels in width, 180 pixels in height, and 50,000 bytes in filesize.
    I play on Ship 2 and the name of my character is Cryska, feel free to send a friend request.

Sad but tbh it's pretty much to be expected, since PSVita not as big as PSP back then, and also Vita already have PSO2 for Phantasy Star game.
    If we compare to other "hunting style" game, vita already got some strong competitors up already.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Sad but tbh it's pretty much to be expected, since PSVita not as big as PSP back then, and also Vita already have PSO2 for Phantasy Star game.
    If we compare to other "hunting style" game, vita already got some strong competitors up already.
    God Eater 2, and it's addition God Eater 2 Burst coming soon, Freedom War, etc.

100k, is actually better then I thought it would be, and that seems to be only physical sale, digital sale isn't counted yet, so the 30% off coupon should also have some more sale.

And Phantasy Star Nova, also doesn't have as much advertising as God Eater 2 and Freedom War too.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Sega being reatarded Sega again.
    Put the time and effort into PSO2, give us that content instead of making it a new game and they make more profit from more people playing an paying PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Sega being reatarded Sega again.
    Put the time and effort into PSO2, give us that content instead of making it a new game and they make more profit from more people playing an paying PSO2.
    Nova was made by an entirely different studio, and was probably already in development at the same time as PSO2.

Did they actually try to launch it in the same window as a Pokemon game and hope to win? o_O

But yea I'd bet the house on ES for mobile gaming if anything.

I don't know about you guys but I actually like PS Nova better then PSO2. It just sucks it's not selling as well at the moment. Hopefully it'll pick up within the next couple of weeks and the 30% off code.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeFiler View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I actually like PS Nova better then PSO2. It just sucks it's not selling as well at the moment. Hopefully it'll pick up within the next couple of weeks and the 30% off code.
    You can't just compare it to older title, since game market are not as strong as it used to be.
    Also tbh i liked PSO2 much more than PSNova after playing with it for an hour.

I'd say PSNova is objectively the better game. It just lacks content, really... after around 50-60 hours I finished pretty much everything it has. All I gotta do now is buy the rest of the crew members, cap Ranger (84) and Force (1) and finish the 6 or so Client Orders I haven't done.

I wish PSNova had online play though. It most likely would have fared much better if so.

I prefer PS Nova over PSO2. PSO2 bore me quickly regardless throwing content. If thing like PS Portable. Release like expansion pack each 6 month will make the game live much longer.

And atleast I can find item on Nova and getting 6 best same weapon type for elemental. Instead using 100x boosters and hoping for something only to be second best on next week depending how lucky you are.