Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

yes keep releasing all the good collabs on nova and not on pso2....
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    The world is not always a fair place, nor is it a safe and just one.

I was not aiming to be fair, nor do I need to. Comparison is a function of literacy and language applied across many mediums. There is a class of comparisons in which fairness is required, but not in this case. In other words, Fairness is not the issue here and if you wish to learn more you may take a refresher course by starting your search for answers through the 9th/10th grade literacy common core standards.

I won't be surprised if they become hard to find due to not mass producing their game.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    This song describes sega perfectly. XD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfaZGpug87I
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I think I'm more surprised that Monster Hunter is only 5th on that list?
    I know Pokemon will always be a top seller, but last I checked: Monster Hunter was the crack addiction / WoW-successful game over in Japan. What did I miss?*

. .
    . . .
    * Probably a lot since the last one I played was Portable 3rd. Capcom needs to stop being EasyMoneyJackasses & bring the series back to Sony / Home Consoles.

Spoiler!

I was not aiming to be fair, nor do I need to. Comparison is a function of literacy and language applied across many mediums. There is a class of comparisons in which fairness is required, but not in this case. In other words, Fairness is not the issue here and if you wish to learn more you may take a refresher course by starting your search for answers through the 9th/10th grade literacy common core standards.
    Quite, the world is not fair or safe. There are many imbalances, particularly in the level of intelligence each individual possesses, as you have so clearly demonstrated.

When comparing sales, it does not make sense to compare the sales of a handheld game released only in one of the smallest countries in the world, with the sales of one of the biggest MMOs, released in multiple countries with several times the population the smaller country has in just one of them. In this context, an unfair comparison is completely worthless. You are completely wrong to say otherwise.

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.9-10.9
    Compare and contrast findings presented in a text to those from other sources (including their own experiments), noting when the findings support or contradict previous explanations or accounts.
    You failed this step. You failed one of the most basic steps of 9th-10th grade literacy, and had the supreme idiocy to bring it up to indicate that you're right to make a comparison that an elementary school student would know is wrong just through basic common sense. Here's a funny story. When I was in kindergarten, I was tested for literacy and language skills, like I'm sure all students are. You know how I rated? Equal to a 5th grader. I was 5 years old, and I had the same literacy/language understanding as someone twice my age. By the time I graduated middle school, I had tested to be on par with someone in their twenties. My STAR test results in those areas were within the top of the entire state's history, let alone within my class (my math was pretty average though). I graduated from high school a year early, the only in my class to do so. The standards set for literacy, and education in general, from my perspective, are completely over the bar. You say a 9th-10th grader should know this stuff? I was on par with that before I was out of elementary school. Here's a quick glance at the other standards set.

Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
    CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.9-10.7
    Translate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text into visual form (e.g., a table or chart) and translate information expressed visually or mathematically (e.g., in an equation) into words.
    You've done a pretty good job of expressing a lack of intelligence between this post and all your others, so I guess you pass that. Don't think it's something to be proud about, could be wrong though~

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.9-10.8
    Assess the extent to which the reasoning and evidence in a text support the author's claim or a recommendation for solving a scientific or technical problem.
    Well you did an awful job of accurately assessing the extent of which your logic indicates that the comparison you made between WoW and PSNova's sales is a sensible comparison that could be used to better understand the difference between the two's financial success, so...nope.

Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity:
    CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.9-10.10
    By the end of grade 10, read and comprehend science/technical texts in the grades 9-10 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
    Read and comprehend a 9-10th grade text book. Wow. This is elementary school level stuff. Can't say whether you passed it or not, so I'll assume you did, since otherwise you'd have failed everything, and I'd like to pretend that there aren't such a thing as high school graduates that are that stupid. Even though I see some every time I go out, walking into traffic while texting, the damn morons.

So 1/4, or 2/4 if you were deliberately expressing that you're severely lacking in intelligence. Which would have been pretty clever, but I rather doubt that's the case. Sounds to me that you sorely need to retake high school, but I do agree that ignorance is bliss, something made unmistakably certain by the way you write in your posts, so perhaps you should stay the way you are. I would recommend filtering your thoughts a little better, but I understand that you are in fact an elementary school student, or at least possess qualities of one, and elementary school students are pretty bad at filtering their thoughts. Can't hold a bird responsible for repeatedly flying into a glass window, it just doesn't know better.

Now, if I can ask you to skip straight to the relevant subject matter instead of taking pointless shots at my intelligence by suggesting I need to retake something I had a firm grasp on before kids learned how to spell three letter words, I would like you to tell me how one of Japan's most successful game franchises, MH, is almost completely unknown anywhere else, and say that its copies sold are unimpressive for its location. When MHFU (or MHP3rd, forget) came out, a survey indicated that 1/5 PSP owners in Japan owned a MH game. Can the same be said for 1/5th of the world's computer owners and WoW? MH3 was top 7 in Wii sales for its year, but it had almost no advertisement, competing with games like Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy, yet you'll rarely find someone familiar with it or any other MH game in an entire building, the way you described with WoW, because most anyone that bought it did so because they were a fan of a franchise that has roughly half its installments exclusive to Japan and knew it was coming out.

Does that make it unsuccessful? Unimpressive? No, none of this changes that MH is a massively successful franchise, even though the number of actual physical copies sold is quite small. Because Japan is small. When 1/5th of a country's owners of a particular game system have played one of your games, that's successful, no matter how you look at it. PS Nova is top 2 of its week in Japan. If another installment got top 2 in another, larger country that exclusively released said game there, does that make it more successful? Popular? No, it can't be compared like that, because it's a different audience entirely. The sales speak of that country, nothing more. PS Nova is Japan only, a handheld, and part of a franchise that is mainly Japanese only. WoW was developed and created in the west and is an MMO that shaped western MMOs in general. Comparing the two is an incredibly idiotic endeavor that proves nothing, except that there are more people in western countries than there are Japan. Something you can tell by looking at a goddamned map. It makes no sense to compare the sales of handhelds with MMOs in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by red1228 View Post
    I think I'm more surprised that Monster Hunter is only 5th on that list?
    I know Pokemon will always be a top seller, but last I checked: Monster Hunter was the crack addiction / WoW-successful game over in Japan. What did I miss?*
    MH4U was released on October 11th, it holds the 5th spot weeks after its release. That's how successful it is.

What... the... hell does that have to do with the discussion?

You need a course in common sense since normal people don't compare apples sold worldwide against oranges sold in one country.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Considering that the latest expansion for WoW (a game people actually pay monthly fees) sold 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours, I consider PSNova sales to be weak at best.

I do not care if it got #2 in Japan, since as usual...Japan omits the rest of the world in everything they do unless they can get $$$ from the world. Truth is I would not have heard of its existence if I did not log into this forum to post, or deal with stuff inside PSO-2.

Its funny that 9 out of 10 places that I go to....no one knows anything about Phantasy Star and people literally ask me if I am actually "making up" a game. Of course, I can walk into a building filled with lawyers and educators...ask if anyone has played WoW and usually I get at least one person who tells me they have heard of it, and actually play the game.

To me, I rather have money made from PC Arks Cash Sales go into the PC gaming community and not into the handheld community. ^_^

Oh well. ^_^
    That's just silly.
    It'd be like comparing the number of babies born in Japan, vs. the number of babies born int he world, it's not the same type of comparasion, even if they are both babies<games sold>
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I think you misunderstood what I meant by fair. I wasn't trying to disagree that the game sold less than that WoW expansion. However to say that the sales are poor by comparison is to ignore the other variables (the target audience, the scope of sales, etc). The comparison between Nova and Portable sales was a much more complete one.

Another way to put it is WoW has a much larger pool of people in it's target audience and thus has more people who are likely to buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    That's just silly.
    It'd be like comparing the number of babies born in Japan, vs. the number of babies born int he world, it's not the same type of comparasion, even if they are both babies<games sold>
    Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    normal people don't compare apples sold worldwide against oranges sold in one country.

A Stream in the Night SodaJunky's Avatar

As fun as the game has been for me, I can't find the motivation to buy it. If I want to play Phantasy Star, PSO2 is right there, fully accessible and popular…

PSNova has a long way to go to fully impress, ntm some of the interesting things they've done with the game have been implemented into PSO2 as of the last patch and the one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    Well, its developed by Tri-Ace so the Collab content is Tri-Ace related games so.....
    And the game feels like Tri-Ace.

[Phantasy Star Ocean NOVA]