Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Alright, decided to get this, despite not having an Oculus Rift. When I try opening the VC, I notice that the next instant, the program kills itself. I have all the required downloads. What am I doing wrong, exactly?
    Do you think you could message me some details about the issue? Does it give you any error messages or just the regular windows crash dialogue? Have you tried reinstalling the Microsoft .NET Framework from the download in the opening post (I mention this because it was the cause of a similar issue for someone else). Also, could you let me know which version of windows you are on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Could this be made to work for the HTC Vive when it comes out this November? Would it be possible to support the motion controls somehow?
    As far as I'm aware, the Vive operates mainly using position/orientation tracking which is great in terms of experience, but not so great when it comes to rigging a character to the player. If it happens to support an orientation only mode like the Oculus, then most of the work is already done - the only thing that would need to be changed would be the distortion algorithm.

For the most part, I don't have any plans for motion controls beyond rigging the character's head orientation to the player's head. While I have reached a point where it would be possible to manipulate the player character's model and bone structure, rigging it to motion controls would require at least developing some kind of IK solution in the game - no easy feat when all you have are assembly injections to work with. Maybe once I decide to jump to a proper dll injection I'll consider it.

Also, speaking of distortion rendering, I've been doing a bit of work on getting some chroma correction up and running.

Spoiler!

It works fairly well, but it also causes the game to take a bit of a performance hit. Right now, it's rendering 6 distortion meshes - 1 for each of the 3 color channels for each eye. Given the density of the Oculus distortion mesh as well as the fact that none of the 6 meshes are buffered, it's no wonder that there would be some slowdown. For the time being, I'll probably make it toggleable like everything else so you don't have to go with it if your system can't handle it.

I'm on Windows 8.1. As for errors, I get nothing. My explorer window goes white, as if it was in the background, and then becomes colored, to be the active window, again. No errors, nothing. I pull up Task Manager, and run the program. I see it run for about a second, before it kills itself. I get no messages, nothing. I have all three things installed, as instructed.
    Ship 02

This looks pretty epic, but it also looks like it could give a person some serious motion sickness with how fast character movement can get.

Thought I guess thats kind of inherent to the technology in the first place, really.

Okay, new problem. After running the program, several hours later, my computer will freeze for a few seconds, then suddenly restart. It only started after I got this. What the hell's going on?
    Ship 02

Anyway you can get this to work with Google Cardboard ( https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/ ) via the Trinus VR app? http://oddsheepgames.com/trinus/?help

Just a heads up: This week's update is going to be a bit late due to the GameGuard update. It will likely be a week or so until I have time to do the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule View Post
    Anyway you can get this to work with Google Cardboard ( https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/ ) via the Trinus VR app? http://oddsheepgames.com/trinus/?help
    I haven't fully looked into this yet, but judging from what I briefly gleaned from the page you linked, it looks like all you need a split screen rendering which is already supported. I don't know any of the details regarding resolution, fov, or distortion, but aside from the last, the first 2 can be configured using the config file.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Okay, new problem. After running the program, several hours later, my computer will freeze for a few seconds, then suddenly restart. It only started after I got this. What the hell's going on?
    Are you still encountering this problem? Send me a message if you are. For the most part, the only thing PSO2VC does is scan the process list for the purposes of the assembly injection. Aside from that, it also allocates some memory for communication, takes in HMD input, and listens for a few keyboard inputs. It's hard to tell if any one of those things could cause a whole system failure.

EDIT:

Updated. I wasn't able to add chroma correction this time around, but I did manage to get a few bugfixes in. Most of them were to do with the FPS mode.
    Last edited by HardLight620; Jul 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM.

It does not work. The game crashes on the loading screen. Pso2 has stopped working, and that's all. Any solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by scionlore View Post
    It does not work. The game crashes on the loading screen. Pso2 has stopped working, and that's all. Any solution to this?
    Thanks for the heads up. It looks like something got screwed up with the FPS portion of the mod. enabling it at all will cause the game to crash.

I should be able to get it fixed reasonably soon.

EDIT:

Aaaaannnd GameGuard has gone and updated again. C'mon guys, I'm trying to run an honest business here.

EDIT2:

Alright, back in business. A new version is up which fixes the FPS bug. Let me know if you encounter any other problems.
    Last edited by HardLight620; Jul 15, 2015 at 10:42 PM.

Hmm.... very nice. I see that in addition to the program, it has the ability to hide the UI in real-time. Apologies if this was mentioned, but is there any other program that's able to do that? Would like it for normal gameplay since even with FPS disabled, it still functions a bit differently...
    ~

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Doesn't the Tweaker have an Option to hide the UI.