Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Not in real time like this one, if you use the tweaker option you have to log in without seeing a single menu, and playing is the same.

I have been long thinking about creating a PSO2VC Lite tool that simply implements a bunch of useful tweaks without the VR functionality/side affects. So far, the feature set I've been considering is:

- Culling distance adjustments
    - HUD placement and sizing
    - Camera distance, fov, and aspect ratio adjustments
    - Walking/running speeds
    - Disabling character pushing (same as the Vita version)
    - Disabling the intro video

Next month, I may just have the time to get started on it. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to maintain it as this will mean I'll have 2 tools I need to update per patch, but I suppose it's worth giving a try if there's enough demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    I have been long thinking about creating a PSO2VC Lite tool that simply implements a bunch of useful tweaks without the VR functionality/side affects. So far, the feature set I've been considering is:

- Culling distance adjustments
    - HUD placement and sizing
    - Camera distance, fov, and aspect ratio adjustments
    - Walking/running speeds
    - Disabling character pushing (same as the Vita version)
    - Disabling the intro video

Next month, I may just have the time to get started on it. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to maintain it as this will mean I'll have 2 tools I need to update per patch, but I suppose it's worth giving a try if there's enough demand for it.
    That.... that would be useful on epic proportions Šo
    ~

Yeah, that would be awesome... I still havne't had the $chance$ of getting my hands on a Oculus Rift, I guess I'll wait for the consumer version when it come out, but I already used this even without the Oculus and I enjoyed all the extra features of it. Specially the function that makes other characters and NPC's not disapear. Would be awesome if you could include that as well in your new program. In any case, thanks a lot for this. Can't wait to get my hands on a Oculus. =)

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

Think it'd be possible to add an option that removes cut-ins, too? Don't know how that kind of stuff works, but if it's possible, I'm sure there'd be interest for that kind of thing as well. Boss shots, recording at events where undesirables spam cut-ins just to be a nuisance, etc.

First off I would like to thank you for this wonderful program. It's really something.

I've been using it for almost a month now and I've noticed a few bugs I'd like to report to you.

First bug is the worst and appears when using PSO2 Connect with a 3D monitor with "fps mode" and "stereoscopic rendering" turned on.
    For some reason, with those two options turned on, the image is stretched horizontally, akin to stretching an image with a 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9. The only thing I can do to get it to stop stretching the image is to do the following:
    Press Z to change the view point, deactivate stereo rendering, press Z to change view point back, then reactivate stereo rendering. This makes the program render the image correctly until something happens that changes the viewpoint (pressing Z again, using a jump pad, using a turret, cutscene, etc.)
    I've read the entire thread, and found something similar another person was experiencing (stretched image with all rendering options turned off), but the fix for that doesn't work for this issue.

Second bug I've noticed is that the option to hide the window frame doesn't fill the screen perfectly, and instead creates a rainbow line with a thickness of a few pixels, on the top and right sides of the screen.

And the third bug I've noticed is that on a 3D monitor, with 3D stereoscopic and fps modes turned on, objects really close to the camera (like dress collars) are rendered incorrectly. The separation between the left and right sides is too wide, making it very hard and eye straining to focus on such objects. A way to manually adjust separation for very close objects only would go A LONG way towards fixing this.

Also, I have 2 suggestions for PSO2 Connect.
    First, right now, you have to click the option to hide the window frame, every time the program starts. Could you add an option to hide the window frame, but one that is remembered and applied automatically every time? Keep the current one as well for compatibility issues.

And second, If eye height is always a value produced from subtracting 16.5 from the character height, may I suggest that you replace the eye height box with a character height box, and have PSO2 Connect automatically calculate the correct eye height from that? Just to make it a little more foolproof. Some non native english speakers might get confused by the current system.
    Last edited by BCRSS; Aug 4, 2015 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDashK View Post
    Yeah, that would be awesome... I still havne't had the $chance$ of getting my hands on a Oculus Rift, I guess I'll wait for the consumer version when it come out, but I already used this even without the Oculus and I enjoyed all the extra features of it. Specially the function that makes other characters and NPC's not disapear. Would be awesome if you could include that as well in your new program. In any case, thanks a lot for this. Can't wait to get my hands on a Oculus. =)
    Thanks. Your feedback is much appreciated. Disabling the character culling is a one-liner, so I'll be sure to add it in to the Lite version.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankincense View Post
    Think it'd be possible to add an option that removes cut-ins, too? Don't know how that kind of stuff works, but if it's possible, I'm sure there'd be interest for that kind of thing as well. Boss shots, recording at events where undesirables spam cut-ins just to be a nuisance, etc.
    Maybe. I'll go ahead and add it to the list for the time being. I haven't had a chance to look too deeply into UI, but from what I've seen so far, it's a bit of a mess in terms of organization.

Quote Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
    First off I would like to thank you for this wonderful program. It's really something.

I've been using it for almost a month now and I've noticed a few bugs I'd like to report to you.

First bug is the worst and appears when using PSO2 Connect with a 3D monitor with "fps mode" and "stereoscopic rendering" turned on.
    For some reason, with those two options turned on, the image is stretched horizontally, akin to stretching an image with a 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9. The only thing I can do to get it to stop stretching the image is to do the following:
    Press Z to change the view point, deactivate stereo rendering, press Z to change view point back, then reactivate stereo rendering. This makes the program render the image correctly until something happens that changes the viewpoint (pressing Z again, using a jump pad, using a turret, cutscene, etc.)
    I've read the entire thread, and found something similar another person was experiencing (stretched image with all rendering options turned off), but the fix for that doesn't work for this issue.

Second bug I've noticed is that the option to hide the window frame doesn't fill the screen perfectly, and instead creates a rainbow line with a thickness of a few pixels, on the top and right sides of the screen.

And the third bug I've noticed is that on a 3D monitor, with 3D stereoscopic and fps modes turned on, objects really close to the camera (like dress collars) are rendered incorrectly. The separation between the left and right sides is too wide, making it very hard and eye straining to focus on such objects. A way to manually adjust separation for very close objects only would go A LONG way towards fixing this.

Also, I have 2 suggestions for PSO2 Connect.
    First, right now, you have to click the option to hide the window frame, every time the program starts. Could you add an option to hide the window frame, but one that is remembered and applied automatically every time? Keep the current one as well for compatibility issues.

And second, If eye height is always a value produced from subtracting 16.5 from the character height, may I suggest that you replace the eye height box with a character height box, and have PSO2 Connect automatically calculate the correct eye height from that? Just to make it a little more foolproof. Some non native english speakers might get confused by the current system.
    Thanks for the feedback.

For the first bug, you are likely correct in that the game is being stretched to a 16:9 aspect ratio as that's the default ratio for the Oculus Rift. PSOVC has to manipulate the aspect ratio in order to properly do the stereoscopic rendering, so if your fullscreen resolution is anything besides the Rift's default 16:9, it'll probably look weird. The post you found is a bit outdated, so the proper solution you'll want is to change the Aspect Ratio value from (9/16) = 0.5625, to (3/4) = 0.75 inside your preferences.ini file.

I can't say I've had the second bug happen to me before. Do you think you could upload a screenshot of what it looks like?

I'm not really sure what to say about the last bug. Stereo rendering is done simply by positioning two cameras in the world where the player's eyes would be. Adjusting the IPD will have a greater influence on how you perceive near objects than far objects, so the best advice I can give is to decrease the IPD until you can comfortably focus on near objects.

As far as removing the window frame by default, the main reason I didn't do that is because you can't move or maximize the game window without window frame. So most of the time you would just have to enable it on startup anyways. I can see about linking the option to a hotkey though which may make the process a bit smoother.

Eye height is a bit tougher. The figure of 16.5 is just an approximation. The actual offset is different for each character. Hardcoding in an offset of 16.5 probably wouldn't be the best solution and neither would having the eye offset configurable separate from the character height. In the end, I settled for the simplest and hopefully the most easiest to understand solution. In the future, I may look into finding a way for extracting the anchor point for the glasses accessory from your character so that the character height can be set automatically, but that is going to take some time.

Anyways, no new updates with regards to either app as of late. But I plan on starting on the Lite version in a few days.
    Last edited by HardLight620; Aug 4, 2015 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post

For the first bug, you are likely correct in that the game is being stretched to a 16:9 aspect ratio as that's the default ratio for the Oculus Rift. PSOVC has to manipulate the aspect ratio in order to properly do the stereoscopic rendering, so if your fullscreen resolution is anything besides the Rift's default 16:9, it'll probably look weird. The post you found is a bit outdated, so the proper solution you'll want is to change the Aspect Ratio value from (9/16) = 0.5625, to (3/4) = 0.75 inside your preferences.ini file.

I can't say I've had the second bug happen to me before. Do you think you could upload a screenshot of what it looks like?

I'm not really sure what to say about the last bug. Stereo rendering is done simply by positioning two cameras in the world where the player's eyes would be. Adjusting the IPD will have a greater influence on how you perceive near objects than far objects, so the best advice I can give is to decrease the IPD until you can comfortably focus on near objects.

As far as removing the window frame by default, the main reason I didn't do that is because you can't move or maximize the game window without window frame. So most of the time you would just have to enable it on startup anyways. I can see about linking the option to a hotkey though which may make the process a bit smoother.

Eye height is a bit tougher. The figure of 16.5 is just an approximation. The actual offset is different for each character. Hardcoding in an offset of 16.5 probably wouldn't be the best solution and neither would having the eye offset configurable separate from the character height. In the end, I settled for the simplest and hopefully the most easiest to understand solution. In the future, I may look into finding a way for extracting the anchor point for the glasses accessory from your character so that the character height can be set automatically, but that is going to take some time.

Anyways, no new updates with regards to either app as of late. But I plan on starting on the Lite version in a few days.
    I've tried the fix you posted, but that just made the correct render I get after applying my little fix, look a little stretched without doing anything for the pre fix render. I want to post screenshots, but I don't have the post count to do that.
    My monitor is a standard 16:9 aspect ratio, 23 inch, 1920x1080, 3D screen.
    The game is running in a window like you said, at 1920x1080.

The reason I suggested an option to permanently remove the window frame is because for people using first person mode, once you set the window location, that's where the window will always stay, so such an option makes sense.

Also, I tried adjusting the IPD to fix the focus on near objects, but that causes my 189 cm high character to look shorter.

And regarding the character height, is the character height you are shown in the estethe always measured, or just when you are there? Because if it's always measured but simply not shown, then your job just became A LOT easier.

Quick Edit: Since changing the aspect ratio value from 0.5625 to 0.75 made it worse, I thought about going the other way, so I started decreasing it instead. At 0.285 the image now renders correctly.
    Last edited by BCRSS; Aug 6, 2015 at 07:43 AM.

I tried it even if I dont have the Occulus and I actually loved it but the thing is that i want to set a different shortcut to the UI remover... where can i set it up? or is not in settings yet? also If i want only to use the UI remover without changing my camera options at all (and to make my character to not look at 1 point alway) how can i do that?