Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lRagna View Post
    I tried it even if I dont have the Occulus and I actually loved it but the thing is that i want to set a different shortcut to the UI remover... where can i set it up? or is not in settings yet? also If i want only to use the UI remover without changing my camera options at all (and to make my character to not look at 1 point alway) how can i do that?
    I didn't make the hotkey customizable yet, but I can certainly add it for the next release. Most of the other adjustments have been burned into the state of the game as part of the mod as it was originally made for use with the Oculus Rift, so they can't be disabled. However, it just so happens that I have been building a standalone mod tool for features like the UI toggle but without the other Oculus modifications. Most of the basics are complete, so I will probably be releasing the first version sometime next week.

The following features will be available for the first release:
    - Disable the Intro Video
    - Disable Near Culling
    - Disable Far Culling (to a certain extent)
    - Force maximum LOD for all geometry
    - Toggle UI (on hotkey)
    - Toggle Walking/Running (on hotkey)

Look forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    In relation to what? The rest sounds great, but this sounds like it could be used for... less than savy purposes.

Also, pop back on IRC when you get a chance so we can chat about secret cool stuff.
    Don't worry, the main idea for the feature is to be able to tweak how far the virtual joystick gets tilted for when you are using a keyboard. The game already clamps joystick inputs to between 0% and 100%, so there's nothing to worry about in terms of input manipulation.

I'm curious about how things are going on Polaris development. It sounds like you guys are starting to get a lot figured out. I think I even saw something relating to server side LUA commands up on the Wiki. I've been wanting to contribute a bit too, but I don't have an account setup on there yet. I'll see about dropping by the IRC again so I can get one setup.
    Last edited by HardLight620; Aug 21, 2015 at 12:49 AM.

HUD resizing would be great for people who play with DSR and their UI gets too small.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

I'm really looking forward to it! so far it helps me with videos and SS stuff and im very satisfied with the outcome even with the Occulus issue (for me) i sometimes fool around with the FPS mode so ill be waiting for the standalone mod!

Is there a way to enable head rigging as of yet? Since the character model client-side seems to be generated from the fixed eye-position, I would assume clipping issues with it would be minimal. o.O

*May or may not be looking forward to seeing everything like hair and accessorys framing the view* >.>;

Edit:
    Are accessorys in general not rigged with the body? o.O
    Last edited by Silent Lycoris; Sep 11, 2015 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    HUD resizing would be great for people who play with DSR and their UI gets too small.
    This can be done already, but by manually changing numbers in user.pso2 file in MY Documents.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    This can be done already, but by manually changing numbers in user.pso2 file in MY Documents.
    AFAIK it can't go bigger than your max resolution.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    The default eye-neck and neck-torso offsets have been tuned for a character with a height of ~175cm. Generally, PSO2 characters are shorter than this.
    I sometimes think I'm the only one that is around 195cm.

Either way, it seems okay but seems much more difficult to play this way.

It works nicely, there are a few things that would make this fully playable, though.
    The main problem is, that I can`t see my own hp bar which can be problematic occasionally, and whenever I try to move UI elements, results in gameguard revolting.
    Same goes for the minimap, but can skip that problem by simply popping the map every now and then.

Other thing is, it doesn`t seem to work with eng story and item patches applied (PSO2 window opens then closes immediately).

Otherwise it`s working nicely, could do DO-s and EQ-s more or less okay (died more times than usual of course, but that`s kinda it).
    Luther looks badass in VR >.>

Would it be possible to apply the color aberration filter too (or make the scource available so i could try myself)?
    That would be pretty ultimate.

Keep up the good work

Edit:

Appearently it`s not the patch, the mod stopped working after today's client update, tried with a vanilla client.
    Last edited by kittycalypse; Sep 17, 2015 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Lycoris View Post
    Is there a way to enable head rigging as of yet? Since the character model client-side seems to be generated from the fixed eye-position, I would assume clipping issues with it would be minimal. o.O

*May or may not be looking forward to seeing everything like hair and accessorys framing the view* >.>;

Edit:
    Are accessorys in general not rigged with the body? o.O
    I had to remove accessories for the time being or else unrigged head accessories would get in the way of the camera. There's no way to distinguish between a head accessory and a body accessory, so I had to do away with all of them.

Head rigging has been on hold until I can make a few adjustments to the mod. Ideally, I'd like to be able to determine when the camera is following the player, and when the game is using an external camera. Otherwise, your character's head will always be stretched over to wherever the current camera is. When I do get head rigging in, I'll probably add options to hide equipped accessories for the ones the completely obscure your vision.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycalypse View Post
    It works nicely, there are a few things that would make this fully playable, though.
    The main problem is, that I can`t see my own hp bar which can be problematic occasionally, and whenever I try to move UI elements, results in gameguard revolting.
    Same goes for the minimap, but can skip that problem by simply popping the map every now and then.

Other thing is, it doesn`t seem to work with eng story and item patches applied (PSO2 window opens then closes immediately).

Otherwise it`s working nicely, could do DO-s and EQ-s more or less okay (died more times than usual of course, but that`s kinda it).
    Luther looks badass in VR >.>

Would it be possible to apply the color aberration filter too (or make the scource available so i could try myself)?
    That would be pretty ultimate.

Keep up the good work

Edit:

Appearently it`s not the patch, the mod stopped working after today's client update, tried with a vanilla client.
    The recent maintenance broke a few things, but it should be fixed now. Full UI support has been on the backburner for a while now. I haven't been able to do a whole lot for this since I started working on the ArksModTool. It's been kind of hard to work on this ever since Oculus discontinued support for extended mode.

Chroma correction technically works, but it effectively makes your system render the distortion mesh 3 times for each eye unbuffered. It also looks like there's something off about the correction meshes I have, so I'll need to revisit them to find out what's wrong.

The source currently isn't available, but I've been meaning to make it available sometime in the near future. That being said, there's not a whole lot to see. Most of it is just precompiled x86 injections that can't be modified unless you are able to bypass gameguard, and I have no intentions of making that method public. Maybe it will be more useful once private server use becomes more mainstream.