Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

This mod seems pretty frickin' sweet, and if I wasn't already planning to buy an occulus I would change my mind in a heartbeat just for this. I do have a question though in the mean time given it'll be a bit before the consumer version comes up for sale. I see on the main post that there's settings to allow first person even if you don't have the occulus, so my main concern at this point in time is that if I download this and try first person without occulus will it just do it on one screen like the normal game is or is it gonna split it up into two like you usually see in occulus feed videos. I only ask this because I've not seen any screenshots or gameplay footage of this being used without the occulus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrokun View Post
    This mod seems pretty frickin' sweet, and if I wasn't already planning to buy an occulus I would change my mind in a heartbeat just for this. I do have a question though in the mean time given it'll be a bit before the consumer version comes up for sale. I see on the main post that there's settings to allow first person even if you don't have the occulus, so my main concern at this point in time is that if I download this and try first person without occulus will it just do it on one screen like the normal game is or is it gonna split it up into two like you usually see in occulus feed videos. I only ask this because I've not seen any screenshots or gameplay footage of this being used without the occulus.
    You can choose actually. There's a fair few settings to choose from and among them is this option. You'll also want to make sure that you allow camera movement with your keyboard/controller in the settings since you won't be looking up and down with the occulus.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    Chroma correction technically works, but it effectively makes your system render the distortion mesh 3 times for each eye unbuffered. It also looks like there's something off about the correction meshes I have, so I'll need to revisit them to find out what's wrong.
    Sticking with the 0.5.1 is totally fine, I`m sticking to that with my own project too, I don't plan to use any of the further betas but rather update the whole project when a 1.x comes out next year. There is a way to hack-enable extended with the 0.7.1 too but it's pointless to waste time on it since 0.5 does its job anyway.

Chromatic aberration filter would be nice to have though, how about making it optional for those with good enough rig? Most of the oculus developers have a powerful-enough machine anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem, knowing that PSO2 isn't really demanding on the hardware, and it would make the game pretty much playable and enjoyable for long sessions.

For now, I just use a script to pixelread the HP bar's location on the mirror view and plays different voice clips based on the result and while it's far from an elegant solution, at least it solves the problem.

Kudos for your work! (^.^)b

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    You can choose actually. There's a fair few settings to choose from and among them is this option. You'll also want to make sure that you allow camera movement with your keyboard/controller in the settings since you won't be looking up and down with the occulus.
    Awesome, so I went ahead and downloaded it, and it works like a charm, works exactly as advertised. I do have one other question though incase maybe it's just me doing something wrong. I went through the preferences menu and I started messing with the options so I could tailor it to controller play (turned off stereo rendering and lock y axis, as well as disabled both head tracking options). With that done I was able to play in game no problem, but I notice that my character's body is higher than it should be, or rather, the head positioning is lower than should be, so instead of the camera being at eye level with my char, it's more along the lines of just under where the chin would be, right in the middle of the neck. Now, I was following your tips on the main post about eye height that you could use the character creator menu to calculate the correct height by subtracting 16.5 from the height number.

This is originally what put me off trying to play, because my char's outfit shows up alot more than I thought it would, and my shoulders basically envelop either side of my camera. So with this in mind, I went back and changed the eye height to the original number of 175 and it didn't seem to do anything, the camera is still placed right at the throat.

Now looking through the other options I see there's two sections: "Eye to Neck Offset" and "Neck to Torso Offset", upon floating my mouse over these it tells me these are only used when HMD tracking is enabled. Is there an option or setting I'm missing to simply raise the camera height by a bit or would it require additional coding?

*Edit* Upon going back through the preferences menu I noticed that the eye to neck offset section is only used if HMD tracking is disabled and not enabled, my bad. But going forward with correct information about what number would be recommended for the upward and forward settings so I'll be at eye level and not throat level? Or how can I calculate that the closest?
    Last edited by Sandrokun; Sep 18, 2015 at 04:23 AM.

I'm really looking forward to trying this out with the Vive.

Sorry about all these posts, but I got my situation figured out by messing around with the eye to neck ratio. Now I have another.... I wouldn't call it a concern really just more of a possible suggestion. I notice that when I attack my back and arm armor pieces obscure a good portion of what's going on for a few moments each swing of my weapon, with one's like the bow and gun mode gunslash it's fine because I'm not swinging my arms, but for blade weapons it gets very irritating pretty fast. I know there's the option to change the opacity of my char's body or turn it invisible altogether, but I really want to still see my weapon swinging when attacking.

Would it be possible to add in an option to make just the armor pieces invisible while leaving the body and weapons intact, something akin to how mmo's will commonly include a 'hide helmet' option?

There's already an in-game option to hide your units.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I'm really looking forward to trying this out with the Vive.
    Did you actually get your hands on one?

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    I had to remove accessories for the time being or else unrigged head accessories would get in the way of the camera. There's no way to distinguish between a head accessory and a body accessory, so I had to do away with all of them.

Head rigging has been on hold until I can make a few adjustments to the mod. Ideally, I'd like to be able to determine when the camera is following the player, and when the game is using an external camera. Otherwise, your character's head will always be stretched over to wherever the current camera is. When I do get head rigging in, I'll probably add options to hide equipped accessories for the ones the completely obscure your vision.
    I know it would be dirty coding, but would making head/accessory rigging a toggleable settings option much like the first person camera itself is be an idea for a temporary workaround? o.O

Either way, amazing job~ Even without an Occulus playing Ranger in first person is an amazing experiance

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    I've actually only gotten this to work about three times, and they were all a couple months ago. It actually gave me these problems before I got it working back then, and I couldn't even tell what I had done differently the few times it did work. Nothing has changed between then and now aside from game version and Virtual Connect version.

Have always started Virtual Connect first, PSO2 second
    PSO2 is always running in a 16:9 res in windowed mode
    Have redownloaded/installed everything provided on the front post as of today
    It's inconsistently recognized PSO2 as open and not when not running as admin
    Am not attempting to run alongside Arks Mod Tool
    When running as admin, it always recognizes PSO2 but always gives this error:

Detected PSO2 Window [PID:6624]
    Applying patches...
    ReadProcessMemory : Error 0x00000005 - Access is denied
    Failed to apply patches.

And then gameguard throws its hissyfit. Have tried every combination of running as admin and not running as admin with Virtual Connect, the tweaker, and the official launcher.

Arks Mod Tool has always worked fine and still does, but this has always given me issues >_<
    Thanks for bringing this up. The ArksModTool had the same problem. Essentially, when you're running on a fast system, GG hides the pso2 process before PSO2VC can connect to it. I've reduced the default connection interval in the latest update, so that should make it connect a bit more consistently. You can also adjust the interval in your preferences.ini file under "Scan Interval" if more tuning is required. Hope it helps.