Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_F View Post
    While I don't have an oculus myself, I was still able to use some of the functionality in it. I had some fun with a Dragon EX as a demo

PSO2 FPS VS Dragon EX - YouTube
    Talk about an out of body experience.

Hmmm.

I would actually prefer a mod that lets me control the third-person camera with the OR rather than putting my view inside the character. For a third-person action RPG it's kind of lame to miss out on all that animation work, you know? (Plus no JG or JA windows visible and stuff like that.)

I don't mind 'being' the camera. Sometimes it just works better.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Hmmm.

I would actually prefer a mod that lets me control the third-person camera with the OR rather than putting my view inside the character. For a third-person action RPG it's kind of lame to miss out on all that animation work, you know? (Plus no JG or JA windows visible and stuff like that.)

I was considering the fact that you don't have visual cues for PA's now, since we don't have any real "head camera" (that is to say, we don't get to actually see what our character sees, in terms of limbs and such). Otherwise, I really like this mod and intend to try it out, even though I don't have an OR.

I feel like the mod you'd want would make you more like an operator working in tandem with your character. Which could be cool too.

I'd say that PSO2's model clipping might break the immersion for some, as well. Though as far as I know, we can't really do anything about that, yet.

I can't get it to run myself.

Spoiler!

Instant crash at the moment the patch is attempted to be applied. Tried disabling anything that would hook to PSO2, reverted Nvidia Inspector's values to default, closing programs that ran in the background, disabling SLI, and reverting PSO2 to default JPN. Both Tweaker and the normal launcher fail.

Or is this part of the Gameguard update mentioned earlier?
    Last edited by Misaki Ki; Dec 10, 2014 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Hmmm.

I experimented a little bit with that. The over-the-shoulder camera mode is unchanged, so switching to that would allow you to play in 3rd person. I'll probably just make the first person mode toggleable like everything else so people can play the way that's most comfortable for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    I can't get it to run myself.

Instant crash at the moment the patch is attempted to be applied. Tried disabling anything that would hook to PSO2, reverted Nvidia Inspector's values to default, closing programs that ran in the background, disabling SLI, and reverting PSO2 to default JPN. Both Tweaker and the normal launcher fail.

Or is this part of the Gameguard update mentioned earlier?
    Yeah, this is due to the GameGuard update. I was silly enough to make the mod dependent on one of the GameGuard dlls that run inside pso2.exe. I should have an update to fix it shortly

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

someone should make movie camera mod.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I looked for something like this when I first got my Dk2 and couldn't find anything of the sort. I'm dying to try this~

Alrighty, I've updated the patcher to v1.0b to fix the GameGuard dependency. So now the patch should work even after GameGuard has been updated.

It's working beautifully. Thank you!

The camera controls still work, which is rather nice. Can adjust to sitting in a chair, which felt pretty cool. Being unable to look up and down is a bit weird, but you said you were going to work on that for gamepad and mouse earlier. Even still, it's not too limiting at the moment since you have other options like TPS and lock on.

Curious, are you able to move elements of the HUD in anyway? And lastly, you listed characters vanishing as a bug, were you intending to do something with that?

Forgive all of those questions, it's just me being extremely interested in this.
    Last edited by Misaki Ki; Dec 11, 2014 at 05:39 AM.

Strange... now the program just crashes outright...
    Aida Ezumi - Ship 2 JP, formerly Iris - Ship 2/4 JP

Check out my comic: https://bit.ly/tolaleph