Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    It's working beautifully. Thank you!

Curious, are you able to move elements of the HUD in anyway? And lastly, you listed characters vanishing as a bug, were you intending to do something with that?

Forgive all of those questions, it's just me being extremely interested in this.
    I haven't looked into the HUD too much, but from what I've seen, HUD items are only capable of being drawn onto a 2D plane on the screen. It'll require a bit of work to get them drawn in 3D space, but I've started to develop a plan on how that'll be accomplished. Ideally, I'd like to make the menu items contextual to the space around the player.

As for the whole vanishing bug, that's mainly due to the fact that I need to hide the player character so that they don't get in the way of the camera. Right now I'm just using near-culling as I don't have a way to distinguish the player character from other characters. As some people have pointed out, this will sometimes cause the player to reappear or other characters to disappear. I'll be tackling this bug when I get to properly rigging the player character to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by ignika98 View Post
    Strange... now the program just crashes outright...
    Okay. I'll see about looking into it. Could you send me a message with the details about the crash? Does it crash at startup when PSO2 isn't running, or only after it tries to patch game? Does it give any error messages when it does crash?

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Awesome! As a .Hack// fan this just makes my day. The oculus is looking more and more like the future of gaming as I see these experiments being done. Well done OP.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    Okay. I'll see about looking into it. Could you send me a message with the details about the crash? Does it crash at startup when PSO2 isn't running, or only after it tries to patch game? Does it give any error messages when it does crash?
    Alright, I sent you a message.
    Aida Ezumi - Ship 2 JP, formerly Iris - Ship 2/4 JP

Check out my comic: https://bit.ly/tolaleph

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    I haven't looked into the HUD too much, but from what I've seen, HUD items are only capable of being drawn onto a 2D plane on the screen. It'll require a bit of work to get them drawn in 3D space, but I've started to develop a plan on how that'll be accomplished. Ideally, I'd like to make the menu items contextual to the space around the player.

As for the whole vanishing bug, that's mainly due to the fact that I need to hide the player character so that they don't get in the way of the camera. Right now I'm just using near-culling as I don't have a way to distinguish the player character from other characters. As some people have pointed out, this will sometimes cause the player to reappear or other characters to disappear. I'll be tackling this bug when I get to properly rigging the player character to the player.
    Ah, I was curious because some of what you were doing has applications outside of the Rift. The characters vanishing is something that has annoyed people forever, and the HUD is an issue for some of the multi-monitor resolutions. For now though, focus on what you want, then worry about other stuffs if you ever want to.

Still, I'm still absolutely amazed at what you've accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    Awesome! As a .Hack// fan this just makes my day. The oculus is looking more and more like the future of gaming as I see these experiments being done. Well done OP.
    Thanks for the support.

.Hack// FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Ah, I was curious because some of what you were doing has applications outside of the Rift. The characters vanishing is something that has annoyed people forever, and the HUD is an issue for some of the multi-monitor resolutions. For now though, focus on what you want, then worry about other stuffs if you ever want to.

Still, I'm still absolutely amazed at what you've accomplished.
    The near culling is easy enough to disable. The only reason it's needed is because otherwise the player character gets in the way of the camera. I'll get rid of it once I've found a way to consistently control the visibility of the player character.

The distance culling is separated into two stages. One of the stages will cause characters to fadeout at a certain distance. The second stage will remove the actual model from the scene and stop updating it. Currently, the mod disables the first stage but not the second stage as forcing the characters to remain visible in the second stage looks kind of weird as they stop animating and moving. There's probably a way to get them to keep updating after they exceed the second distance, but I just haven't found it yet.

I must say... I was planing on buying oculus when it came out... But this... This just makes my day... Can't wait for the consumer version to come out so that I can play this out! =D
    The level of your work exceeds beyond Excelent... Really have no word for it.
    Thanks! Hope you keep up and keep the project updated due to the constant updates of PSO2.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

In addition to the video above I also did an episode of my Let's Play of Phantasy Star Online 2 using the mod. Thanks again for the comment on the video HardLight620.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_F View Post
    In addition to the video above I also did an episode of my Let's Play of Phantasy Star Online 2 using the mod. Thanks again for the comment on the video HardLight620.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Let's Play - Episode 045 - Oculus Rift - YouTube
    Holy shit! There's someone doing a PSO2 LP besides me!? Why have we not met before!?

EDIT: Damn, 900 posts. Where does the time go?
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Why have we not met before!?
    I think it's because I don't post the series very often here. Let's just say previous endeavors with trying to post shows here didn't go over very well when I used to handle the news around here... *shifts eyes left and right*

Granted that sensibility may have changed since then (Circa 2005ish). Maybe I should try again more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_F View Post
    I think it's because I don't post the series very often here. Let's just say previous endeavors with trying to post shows here didn't go over very well when I used to handle the news around here... *shifts eyes left and right*

Granted that sensibility may have changed since then (Circa 2005ish). Maybe I should try again more often.
    I've posted every single one of the my PSO2 LP videos in the screenshots and movies threads on here, and people generally seem to like it. Even get some nice compliments from people on YouTube and even in game. You'd probably be okay now.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2