Default Parasitic Gene Flow

I'm sure this topic will have been answered countless times but I'm gonna ask anyway :P

Is there a LEGIT way on ONLINE mode to get the Gene Flow?
    I know for sure that you cannot get it on Offline, unless you cheat
    with A/R.

If there is not a legit way to get it, then WHY put it in the game in the first place???

Plus: I want to ask, can you download quests for Ep.2?
    When I go to the guild it says download quest.
    My Broadband Adapter is on it's way (hopefully) and I want to know
    if there is still any way to download quests for Ep.1 & 2 since the official servers are down.

That depends on what you define as legit. Officially there is no way to get the drop. I think some custom user created quests can give you the item as a reward though.

The drop is encoded to drop from their respective bosses but it was set to 0 for whatever reason. Maybe they forgot to remove it, or they were going to enable it for some sort of future event. Nobody really knows.

IIRC the only official download quest was Central Dome Fire Swirl. There's probably some user created quests you could download if you wanted to. I'm sure someone's managed to make other official quests like TTF or Gallon's Shop available for offline use too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspaller View Post
    IIRC the only official download quest was Central Dome Fire Swirl. There's probably some user created quests you could download if you wanted to. I'm sure someone's managed to make other official quests like TTF or Gallon's Shop available for offline use too.
    Niiice!
    If you download the quests, you can play them offline afterwards, or you will have to be online all the time? And where these quests are saved if you download them on GC? On the Memory card? Because GC has no internal hard drive, like Wii.

Yes, if you can download a quest, then you can play it offline afterwards, and the quest will indeed be saved on a memory card.
    As always, for more details you'd best ask on the forums from servers where you might find these missions.

Indeed the item exists but it was never actually made available.
    Some ppl and some servers have made it available via quests or by adding a server drop that will simulate the supposed 1/64 drop if it was ever activated, this means when you kill the boss online, you trigger 2 drops instead of 1.
    One drop won't drop anything and the other one will have a chance for it.

There isn't any legit way sadly, not even official quests or ingame quests have the ability to unlock the drop, so you are stuck to either hack one, get one from a custom quest or a server online drop, since hacking one is faster i would recommend doing that as it will save you the time of grinding one.
    If you feel more accomplished when getting one after grinding, then search a server online.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

This reminds me. I bought my little brother a broadband adapter back in the day so we could network Mario Kart Double Dash. I am sure he doesn't use his Gamecube at all any more. Next time I am in Anchorage, I am going to get it from him so I can play PSO online with my son on a home server.