Page 107 of 254 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2539

Multi Rabarta's about the same level of strength as Ice Fang, but hits more rapidly and has a higher freeze rate.

And Concentrated Ilbarta sucks, don't do that. You lose like 35% damage on the final hit of Ilbarta, which you're going to get more rapidly in an MPA because you'll be getting more shots at it compared to the rest of the MPA using Ice Fang. If you want an ice Rafoie, use uncharged Sabarta with Elysion/Boots of Seraphy. It's a little slower to hit, but no charge time at all and it's reasonably strong.

Oh I see. Thanks again.
    35% dmg loss is horrid XD.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Having both a fire rod and a fire talis is a good idea, since they're used differently. Rods are more suitable for close range combat and generally easier to use, while talis have more power and range, but aren't really useful if you're surrounded by enemies.
    Which one would you suggest getting first since it takes a while for me to gather those stones? Like which one gives more benefits when using fire techniques in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangemelon View Post
    Which one would you suggest getting first since it takes a while for me to gather those stones? Like which one gives more benefits when using fire techniques in your opinion?
    You can buy them when/if you have the passes.

They're both going to have 16% fire dmg increase potentials. The only difference is if you have the Talis throw skill for 20% more dmg while the Talis is out. Talis generally out damages Rod as long as the Talis is thrown.

If you like Fomelgion you'll want to use Rod more since it gets more compound dmg from Rod use versus Talis because of the Rod's high T atk stat.

If I had to say though, get the Rod first

Quote Originally Posted by Rogatien View Post
    Forgive me if I'm being cynical here, but isn't T-ATK after a certain point ridiculously overvalued? At 3000 or so, it looks like the amount of return I get for adding 30 more is little more than 1%, but the cost gets egregiously high to even tack on that much. Wouldn't PP be way more valuable?
    Even at lower ATK levels, the comparative advantage in affixing for extra PP is higher than it is for affixing ATK, not to mention that it's cheaper to do so. More ATK is only truly effective when it crosses the threshold that make you take one less attack to kill a certain enemy (in which case, the trade-off becomes better than additional PP since you don't have to spend the PP for that extra attack). But that threshold is different for every enemy, so there's not a certain value to aim for, so some people just go for max ATK. Also, with so such a big PP pool nowadays, there are situations when gaining more won't actually make a difference. But if you find yourself depleting your entire PP pool often, even with the aid of PP Convert, then you should consider getting more PP.
    I personally average 118.33 T-ATK and 15.33 PP on my high-end affix units, as opposed to the popular 145 T-ATK 9 PP affix that you can get for a similar price range. I find that mine lets me spam high speed+cost techs like Ra-Grants better, without sacrificing much in terms of how fast I can kill things.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Oh I see. Thanks again.
    35% dmg loss is horrid XD.
    To be more precise, Ice Fang can give a 31.1% increase in power to Il-Barta (but if you add that onto the power loss that Concentrated recipe has, then less, it would be closer to 35%). Pretty significant, either way. You don't want to be the guy in an MPA that takes away people's stronger, Ice Fang crafted 7th hit with your weaker, Concentrated crafted hit purely due to being able to spam it faster.
    Only time I would use Concentrated Il-Barta is if you have a character geared specifically for Bouncer play. But keep in mind that when you do that, and you're playing in an MPA with people spamming Il-Barta on a boss, to simply use Il-Barta to charge/change your gear/element, and step-cancel it so that you don't attack with it and risk taking a Force's 7th hit. Maybe unleash the attack if it's at the very beginning of the boss fight where you'll know for sure that you won't take the 7th hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    You can buy them when/if you have the passes.
    He's talking about Ares trade-ins, so you can't buy those.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Dec 21, 2015 at 09:53 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

buy 2 fire ele changers and max out an ares rod 1st then afterwards max a talis and make them both fire also said ares rod/talis is strong enough to replace your rainbow 10/11* weps with just them alone. up to you if you want to pursue more elements for ares. (if super srs id suggest light austere rod and use said austere for the eles and ares rod for fire)

I need a few questions answered if possible. Trying to get back on track.
    I'm using a psycho wand +10 with it's potential to level 2 right now with a 25% light element on it. I found it in an EQ about a year and a half ago and haven't gotten a new weapon yet (just returned a few weeks ago.)
    I do notice that there are some rods out there with potentials that add an increase in damage to a certain element.
    At this point, should I start collecting those rods and talis? Should I try to get a rod and talis of each type? I'm used to this PP reduction on the psycho wand right now, will that hinder any type of DPS If i tried to get an Ares weapon instead?

Quote Originally Posted by megabuster66 View Post
    I need a few questions answered if possible. Trying to get back on track.
    I'm using a psycho wand +10 with it's potential to level 2 right now with a 25% light element on it. I found it in an EQ about a year and a half ago and haven't gotten a new weapon yet (just returned a few weeks ago.)
    I do notice that there are some rods out there with potentials that add an increase in damage to a certain element.
    At this point, should I start collecting those rods and talis? Should I try to get a rod and talis of each type? I'm used to this PP reduction on the psycho wand right now, will that hinder any type of DPS If i tried to get an Ares weapon instead?
    Psycho wand has a second potential that boosts tech damage and reduces PP cost, you should look into it.

I'd like to get a better weapon for this character that currently has Psycho Wand with the old latent.

Currently looking at Ares weapons. Are they still good?
    If so, should I aim for Rod or Talis? And what element is recommended for Ares?

You'll want a rainbow...you won't get round that as force.
    Well, one for each element you are actually using.

One thing to note, Psycho Wand's new potential does not boost compound techs, so you'll want a weapon for that.