Page 237 of 254 FirstFirst ... 137187227234235236237238239240247 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    the rod is useful for the speed and pp regen. being able to hit 30-40k, maybe 50k under right conditions on rod shoot is kinda neato but really it's the speed that's nice.
    if you mained FO, you realize you dont melee very often for PP. Queen Viera and Orbit the usual go to's, Popple PP Personality if need be (with the right PP recov parfaits). I mean whos really gonna use this as a PP recov rod? and even then, you're still better off with EPD and other better Rod's since the PP recovery for melee is already good (like 2-3 smacks and you should be fine). FO/FI can have fun being a gimmick but this rod will in no way going to topple any of the current high end gear

None of those do as much damage though, right? I'm sure the gunslash and orbit are faster at pp regen, but doing decent damage while regenerating seems nice too. If the change to pp restorate never happened, I'm sure it would stand out more, but, SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    None of those do as much damage though, right? I'm sure the gunslash and orbit are faster at pp regen, but doing decent damage while regenerating seems nice too. If the change to pp restorate never happened, I'm sure it would stand out more, but, SEGA.
    The change to PP restore probably makes this more useful than Viera (Orbit is its own niche since it's mostly only used at moments when you don't have anything to hit) since you generally only need a little extra mileage at times where PP convert is down, and that rod does damage and provides exactly that extra mileage. I'd also love to try this with another rod shoot ring to see if the extra damage on top of small AoE can make it a viable way of dealing with zondeel mobs without having to expand your PP

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    if you mained FO, you realize you dont melee very often for PP. Queen Viera and Orbit the usual go to's, Popple PP Personality if need be (with the right PP recov parfaits). I mean whos really gonna use this as a PP recov rod? and even then, you're still better off with EPD and other better Rod's since the PP recovery for melee is already good (like 2-3 smacks and you should be fine). FO/FI can have fun being a gimmick but this rod will in no way going to topple any of the current high end gear
    I do think that it's definitely not to be used as a main rod, but its utility really seems good enough to warrant using it in some situations. It still has a 10% damage pot on top of the swinging so I could totally see this being used to deal with crowds of mobs, where orbit is not an option and Viera/popple can be too slow and unwieldy to warrant being used

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    its a rod with a literal niche to it, your dmg comes from Techs ya? but what makes you think you'll always be hitting those high numbers with the rod swings? its not a constant thing youre going to be doing nor should you really rely on the dmg coming from it either. Other Rods out power it, the only things that seperate it from the rest is that Rod swing speed increase and no SSA's to apply to it. Rather have a passive PP recov on a rod versus something that requires me to stop and swing instead of standing still at infinite PP regen while spamming techs. Really that rod is bad no matter how you try to justify it

your dmg comes from Techs ya? (...) its not a constant thing youre going to be doing nor should you really rely on the dmg coming from it either.
    Yes and with this rod you can slightly maintain your DPS while recharging PP. Also you don't rely on the damage from Rod shoot, it's just a bonus. Literally no niche right? Then again I wouldn't trust your judgment when it comes to niche builds.

Nah, it’d hardly maintain your dps. Actual rod shoot only does around 16k as FoBr (practically half that as FoTe, so maybe 20k with the rod as FoTe) at default 1x multiplier. And codetta is closer to 2.5~3x. 30~50k would be practically impossible with bosses sitting at 1.2x. And it’s like half a second per swing?

But you know, free damage on things your bound to do is free damage for non-te sub. + faster speed = less time spent on normals -> more time for techs

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Yes and with this rod you can slightly maintain your DPS while recharging PP. Also you don't rely on the damage from Rod shoot, it's just a bonus. Literally no niche right? Then again I wouldn't trust your judgment when it comes to niche builds.
    literally go compare it to other Rods, maybe you'll realize that Atra will out do it even for your tiny amount of "dps" that come from rod swings. and ya, "niche" builds, something I don't do since Sega has managed to kill 95% of hybrid class builds with main class only skills.

Rod is niche for niche builds, trash otherwise compared to whats out now and what will be coming out the next several weeks/months

Rod is niche for niche builds, trash otherwise
    And no one here is saying anything against that so I don't know why you're arguing over this.

I'll leave this here and let you judge if this niche is trash or not.

https://twitter.com/faipso2/status/1027731180479631360