Page 103 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2539

Can you explain a bit about this "inflicting Panic on second exposure" to DFD and why it's so useful in organized MPAs? I was invited to a friend's organized MPAs a few times, and all they did was stack Il-Barta on DFD (+1 Zanverse, of course). Is it required to skip the rocket phase?
    But regardless, would a 30% vs. 40% Panic rate make that much of a difference in the end, since it's still 75% of the default? I'm not sure how many people are expected to try to panic DFD in an organized MPA, but the more people trying to do it, the less of a difference this will make.

(EDIT: And I guess for Efficient Foie's case, it's a matter of how much you value the 2 PP vs. 3 m range trade off to pick between 1 and 3. The thing, when the cost is already small, is that a small PP change will now become more significant in terms of percentage change in cost. 4.5 PP vs 6.5 PP is roughly a 30% cost difference (with respect to 6.5), which will tremendously increase longevity with it. But your other point about it makes sense. I'll most likely re-consider personally using Blazing Foie once I get a Fire Ares Rod to replace my Fire Slave Rod.)

Anyway, @Mio: When I listed the pro and con for the Compound Techs, it was pretty much a quick representation of them as whole. If you want more detail on each of the three, then...
    The mechanics of Compound Techs are a little complicated. Each of the Compound Techs have different hits that are either of one or the other of its elements. Element Masteries from skill trees belonging to either of its two elements will power up both types of hits, as well as potentials that belong of either one of its element (e.g. Bert Rodan will boost the power of both the Fire and Dark hits of Fomelgion). Element Conversion, Element Weak Hit, and any enemy element weaknesses will apply differently to the two different element hits, though.
    Baratsion is the best single-target damage of the three. Fomelgion has the potential to out-damage it for single target usage, but it has 8 Dark hits that are in random areas (with 5 Fire hits, along with 5 Dark hits at the area where you first connect with the fire beam, all of which are pretty much guaranteed if aiming at a single target, unless it moves a lot) so some of those hits will likely totally miss. Regardless, Fomelgion is still amazing for single-target. It's even more amazing for killing mobs, though. Zandion is pretty much out-classed by the other two in both categories, and isn't really worth using outside of niche instances like against Gal Gryphon (pretty much Zandion's most useful usage in the game right now) and to a lesser extent Cougar for the shock, and also for Elder/Loser fight. But due to TE's ability to have dual-element mastery trees, you can bypass this for the Elder/Loser EQ by using Ice+Wind+Light (and use Barantsion) or Fire+Light+Dark (and use Fomelgion). Zandion is still useful in this case with Lightning+Wind+Light trees, since it can shock Elder (although sometimes this is a bad thing) and also have full invincibility during it (only Zandion gives you invincibility during it, the other two only gives you super armor).
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Dec 16, 2015 at 12:45 AM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Can you explain for about this "inflicting Panic on second exposure" to DFD and why it's so useful in organized MPAs? I was invited to a friend's organized MPAs a few times, and all they did was stack Il-Barta on DFD (+1 Zanverse, of course). Is it required to skip the rocket phase?
    Yeah, you can skip rocket with it. The proc rate is so low that even with 9-10 Fo/Te using Ilgrants bare-handed there's a solid chance that DF Double won't get Panic'd before enough damage for it to recover is dealt. That's why it's imperative to keep the Panic rate maxed. The faster you proc it, the faster you can go back to dealing damage normally as well. Even with bare-handed Ilgrants, a successful Panic about halfway into the second tongue exposure will still save you 10+ seconds or so with the rocket skip, so it's always worth doing for organized MPAs.

For non-organized, it probably isn't worth doing it bare-handed since the number of casts that nets you over regular usage is probably just 1-2.

I would assume that boss status resist applies a multiplicative reduction to status effect, in which case, that should still keep the 3:4 ratio for Swift:Non-Swift for panic rate. The ratio would only improve as you get more hits of Il-Grants. I'm curious, so I did a quick calculation of a possible scenario.
    Let say for example that DFD cuts player's panic rate to 1/1000 of their value. So an MPA of all 0.03% vs one of all 0.04%. So the chance of failure per round of Il-Grants from all 12 is 0.997%^12=0.9646 vs 0.996^12=0.9530. How many rounds of Il-Grants can you can get off during 2nd tongue? 7? If 7, then the chance of failure becomes 0.777 vs 0.714, so a 22.3% vs 28.6% chance of success. Does that seem roughly what your chance of success is from your experience doing it? Given or take a few rounds of Il-Grants, it'll still be roughly a 78% ratio between the two. You may be able to do 1 additional cast of Swift Il-Grants compared to Brilliant Il-Grants, though, due to doing slightly less damage and charging a bit faster? I didn't take that into account, but that would only help Swift Il-Grants' case.

And I edited my last post, before realizing you posted, with my thoughts on Foie.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Dec 16, 2015 at 12:37 AM.
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

I don't really have any comment on measuring probability or number of Ilgrants hits per downing. The organized MPAs I attend have the goal of trying to beat personal records so aiming for the best possible outcome is the priority. So 40 Panic rate > ~30 Panic rate any day. Might as well add though, Ilgrants does 120% of its power notation, so I suspect that it also does 120% of its Panic rate as well. Thus, it'd be 48 Panic vs 36 Panic. Same ratio though. I don't have any comment on number of Ilgrants because I've only been in like, 2-3 MPAs for this strategy. I don't get to attend very many because I haven't acquired an ice talis yet. Been prioritizing leveling characters since a couple weeks after Kuronia came out.

No comments on Foie either. It's the same idea as a lightning Psycho Wand, the way I see it. The % gains might be the same, but the static gains are abysmal.

Well, for Psycho Wand, it's a percentage reduction from the start, so you get less cost reduction for lower costing stuff. But for Efficient Foie's case, it's a static PP amount reduction, which becomes more significant when the cost is already low, as that leads to a much higher relative cost reduction (so it's not the same percentage gain in this case).

And I'm so limited in the number of people I know in PSO2... LOL When I get invited to these, I'm like the only one using an Ice Ideal Talis, while everyone else is just using 10-12* Ice Rods... >_< Wish they would at least get the Maihime Talis.
    Characters

Is it a bad idea to do Efficient Gibarta for running Ice FoBr in Nab UQ? Br seems to be a big damage gain and even FoBr can keep Efficient Gibarta going forever for mob clearing, then Rapid Shoot Ilbarta or Barantsion for the bosses.

What would be more effective in a long run?

I'm going to be running Psycho Wand on my Fo/Te, but when I get up to those levels, which should I aim for? Ares? I figures going for it now since the stones and such

Basically seeing as Astre is somewhat out of bounds for me right now, I was thinking either attempting for Slave or Ares rod. or should I just stick to my Psycho Wand
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

How much the new gear is worth in damage differencies?

My old 2013 gear as force consist in:

10* staff with 50% lighting, +16% lighting damage potential, around 1100 Tatck with abilities and grind
    10* staff with 50% fire, +16% fire damage potential, around 1150 Tatck with abilities and grind
    10* staff with 50% darkness, +16% darkness damage potential, around 960 Tatck with abilietes and grind
    10* staff with 50% light, +16% light damage potential, around 1100 Tatck with abilities and grind
    10* staff with 50% wind, +16% wind damage potential, around 1150 Tatck with abilities and grind
    (I miss the ICE one unfortunately, as ICE kinda sucked back in 2013, but yeah I should get one)

Units:

Snow Banther set (really)

Ragne Soul
    Tech III
    Tech Bonus
    Stamina III

(This thing was kinda of top endgame in 2013, not counting the very few lucky with Psycho Wand)

The new power creep made my gears pretty useless now?
    What would be considered the acceptable minimum to join UGs and not feel like a leecher?

Thank you for your imput.

does ice ideal talis is the best for ilbarta..?
    also talis throw worth to get..? i can't seem able to max my PF advance due to lacking 1 point which trigger my ocd. D:

I have a 50 element Maihime Talis sitting in storage. Best used for Il Barta?