Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Would it be possible to dump Tech JA Advance and Tech Charge Advance 2 in favor of full Photon Flare, Photon Flare Advance and Photon Flare Afterburst as a jack of all elements sort of caster?

I'm a Fo/Te and I'm contemplating going a fair bit of rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroki View Post
    Would it be possible to dump Tech JA Advance and Tech Charge Advance 2 in favor of full Photon Flare, Photon Flare Advance and Photon Flare Afterburst as a jack of all elements sort of caster?

I'm a Fo/Te and I'm contemplating going a fair bit of rainbow.
    No because the 3 aforementioned skills work for all techs all the time instead of during PF only (except for uncharged elysion spam, ofc). Your tree should have room for ~5/10 PF and afterburst anyway even with those skills maxed.

Hello all! Just rolled a Force and its very overwhelming, I have a couple questions if you guys can help me.

1. Techs, There are way too many techs for me to keep track of. Could you guys dummy it down to like, One for Normal Mobs / One for Bosses per element?

2. Tech Customizing, Im reading up on this now http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_3.php#nav
    Exactly how many tech effects can I put on one skill? Like, could i put Power and -PP cost onto Foie?
    Also is it a one time thing? Or can you change it as many times as you like?

3. Tech Trees, I think(?) I've read that focusing on one element is better than spreading out to everything. Im probably only going to have 1 skill tree, So I'm guessing Fire or Ice would be best?

4. I only have basic gear now, Should I be using Rods or Talis?

5. Palletes, Whats your guys pallete set up like? Is there a way to Set up my weapon pallete skills to be like a Hunter (where if I normal attack the chained skill will change with every swing) So I can get more JA Charged skills off?

Thats all I can think of for now

Thanks all!
    Last edited by SkylyVi; Feb 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM.

these reply by lonely garuga in another thread may answer some of your question:

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    When attacking an enemy with a tech that matches its elemental weakness, damage is usually increased by 20-30% (20% is typical for enemies with two weaknesses, 30% for one weakness). This is on top of the 20% damage increase from Element Weak Hit (so 44-56% more damage). As a result, it's generally better to match weakness where possible, but some exceptions exist with very powerful techs, like Ilbarta. However, since you're not using Ice Mastery skills, that means losing an additional 44% damage from Ilbarta.

Anyway, best boss killing techs for each element would probably be

Fire: Nafoie (power craft)
    Ice: Ilbarta (power craft)
    Lightning: Sazonde (power craft)
    Wind: Nazan (power craft for Elysion, charge craft without)
    Light: Ragrants (charge craft)
    Dark: Gimegid/Namegid (charge craft for Gimegid, power for Namegid)

Nafoie has good damage and charge time, but Ragrants is better for insect darkers. Safoie is an option for when PP Convert isn't available. PP craft gives Safoie a cost as low as 10 PP and does about 72% of the damage a max power craft Nafoie does. Alternatively, you can craft Safoie for power to reduce the difference to about 7%, for 20 PP instead of Nafoie's 35 PP. Probably the better route, Safoie has better damage/PP spent regardless.

Nazan is very short ranged, but has high power and costs merely 16 PP. Charge time craft reduces the cost further, to 13 PP. On targets weak to both fire and wind (Rockbear mainly), Nazan is better damage than Nafoie and charges almost as quickly (0.55 max charge time craft vs Nafoie's 0.5), and costs almost 1/3rd the PP, making it highly spammable. Some enemies have 110% weaknesses to wind (Fang pair, Snow pair, and Big Vardha are all I know of, their rare variants do not have this weakness, besides rare Fang Banther being 130% wind), but this doesn't trigger EWH. You can also use Razan (Multi recipe is stronger than Sazan) or Sazan (PP craft for 8 PP cost) for their auto-target range and high damage.

Ragrants is pretty much one of the best DPS options Force has right now, along with Ilbarta. Tremendous damage and a ridiculously low charge time, with the 30 PP cost mitigated by PP Convert and other PP restoration methods. Between fire, wind, and light, Ragrants is the single best DPS option available, being the strongest (next to Ilfoie) and fastest tech available. Ragrants does have poor range and no tracking to speak of once fired off, so Ilgrants is another option for long-range combat. Ilgrants uses 120% of its power notation listed when charged instead of the typical 100%, making it 20% stronger than the power notation indicates. It has good range and high damage, with a high panic rate on top of that, making it very good for inflicting panic on bosses vulnerable to it (namely Apos Dorios and Dark Vibrace, don't go out of your way for Vibrace Yuga though, panic has an incredibly low proc rate on it). Swift recipe comes with a -0.25s charge time bonus, making Ilgrants take slightly less than a second to charge fully.

Think that should cover what to use for bosses.

If you use jet boots to cast techs, you'll have a 1-2-3 palette like most melee weapons do. Although I don't know why you'd want that over having a selector. Boots can be useful for forces, but if you use them you should be casting from the subpalette instead of the weapon palette (save for one tech, the one mapped to the weapon).
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

Quote Originally Posted by SkylyVi View Post
    1. Techs, There are way too many techs for me to keep track of. Could you guys dummy it down to like, One for Normal Mobs / One for Bosses per element?

2. Tech Customizing, Im reading up on this now http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_3.php#nav
    Exactly how many tech effects can I put on one skill? Like, could i put Power and -PP cost onto Foie?
    Also is it a one time thing? Or can you change it as many times as you like?

3. Tech Trees, I think(?) I've read that focusing on one element is better than spreading out to everything. Im probably only going to have 1 skill tree, So I'm guessing Fire or Ice would be best?

4. I only have basic gear now, Should I be using Rods or Talis?

5. Palletes, Whats your guys pallete set up like? Is there a way to Set up my weapon pallete skills to be like a Hunter (where if I normal attack the chained skill will change with every swing) So I can get more JA Charged skills off?
    1) No because you should be using pretty much every tech. Judging from 5, I think your problem is that you haven't set the options so that you have to hold the weapon action in order to switch from attack + tech 1 to tech 2 + tech 3. When you do that, all you have to do is let go of the weapon action and it'll automatically switch back to attack + tech 1. Makes it a lot easier to use all of your techs. Though, I guess a list of what to use for mobs and bosses would be good.

Fire:

Mobs: Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, Safoie, Ilfoie
    Bosses: Safoie, Nafoie

Ice:

Mobs: Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta, Sabarta, Ilbarta
    Bosses: Rabarta, Sabarta, Nabarta, Ilbarta

Lightning:

Mobs: Zonde, Gizonde, Razonde, Zondeel, Ilzonde
    Bosses: Sazonde, Nazonde

Wind:

Mobs: Gizan, Razan, Sazan, Ilzan
    Bosses: Zan, Razan, Sazan, Nazan

Light:

Mobs: Grants, Gigrants, Nagrants, Ilgrants
    Bosses: Ragrants, Nagrants, Ilgrants

Dark:

Mobs: All of them
    Bosses: Gimegid, Ramegid, Samegid, Namegid

Generalizing, of course.

2) One effect. You can override the effect of a crafted tech any time by using another crafted tech (so you can have +power on Foie, but use a -PP Foie to override the power craft, or override a power craft with another power craft).

3) Fire or ice would be best, yeah. Probably best to go fire.

4) Both.

5) Covered in 1. You can't make it like Hunter (though as mentioned above this is how jet boots work), but you can change it so that you can perform any of the actions set on your weapon just by pushing the right buttons. This actually makes it much more versatile than what Hunter can do.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Feb 2, 2015 at 01:19 PM.

Here I give some quick summary.

Why force kickass.
    Spoiler!

No problem with distant kill or whatever spawn location.

Farming EQ solo while carry three more npc for extra mobs?
    Spoiler!

Easy mode.
    Behold Team Crimson behind the troll/b20 and empowered by pso-world.com

2015-01-30T21:35:22 332 PUBLIC 12699499 Mondo get a life
    2015-02-03T00:08:00 506 REPLY 10813066 Sagitarius our team lead has a toy too
    2015-02-03T00:08:06 508 REPLY 10813066 Sagitarius he got it from posiden

Tried FOBR once in XHTD. It was fun. Though the main downside is the fact that PP has slower restoration rate (since you're not subbing TE), though the multipliers for Weak Stance makes everything worth it. Easy 80k on Ilfoie, easy 50k on Rafoie

Maybe I wasn't playing it correctly. I don't know about you guys but even 210PP doesn't feel enough for me on FOBR :S

Should I invest 5SP on Attack Advance? Note that I am using Rikauteri on bosses too. Which also makes a question : What techs should you use while on Banish Arrow (and on Weak Stance)?

Usually I either Nafoie/Ilfoie/Safoie, 5 Uncharged + 2 Charged Ilbarta or Nabarta, Sazonde+Nazonde, Razan (extra tick craft) or Nazan, Ragrants or Ilgrants, and Gimegid spam or Namegid.

Chase Arrow damage isn't really as great as compared to playing RABR/BRRA, but I guess it doesn't hurt for very little PP usage since you should have high PP as an FO anyway.
    Ship08 || アリス@気になり火星 || TeHu/RaBr/BoHu/FoTe/FoBr/GuRa

BA techs look good to me. I can't think of anything that would be worth using with it that you didn't name. Gotta ask though, do you really have a full set of Rikauteri for each element? That's pretty nifty if so.

I take it the Braver tree looks something like this? Seems like the next best stuff to get would indeed be improving bow damage, since everything else is less valuable. There'd be room to max Attack Advance and go 3/5 into RSU1/2. I don't know if Charge Shoot is any good as Fo/Br, I recall having a conversation with a Ra/Br player about how Charge Shoot's velocity increase actually messes up a BA combo for it due to the normal triggering BA's detonation faster. Dunno if that could be a problem for Fo/Br BA combos, but even if it wasn't, RSU applies to PAs like Chase Arrow, so why not? Not like it's a bad deal either, 220 R-ATK for 8 SP (albeit during Rapid Shoot).

I dunno how amazing bow PP regen is for Fo/Br, but if the PP regen isn't sufficient, or Rapid Shoot is on cooldown, maybe pulling out a Queen Vera would help.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Rather new to FO/TEing, didn't properly gear yet etc but I want to run 2 builds. One would be a fire FO for TD and such and other for fun a Lightning/Wind build (wind for Zandeon) with Motav and Lightning Talis (Motav more for cosmetic reasons then its Latent). I run into the issue I don't know what to get on my TE sub skill wise. I pretty much can spend 50 SP but get stuck after that. Also for sake of making things easier, I still calculate my builds with only 85 SP since I cba to grind for class cubes just yet, that and my FO/TE is only 55/55 right now.

What I currently have is both Wind Masteries, PP restorate, Element Weak Hit, Territory Burst, Teritory PP save and Super Treatment. Is there any other thing on there I overlook for this specific build to squeeze more damage out? Shifta skills maybe? I could also go for more T-atk but since I make a pure T-atk mag I will already have 870 T-atk at 75/75 so I don't think I will need more.

I might run into this same issue on as Fire FOTE as well actually now I just think about it Thanks for any tips/advice.

Edit: how viable is wandsmacking as FOTE? I run a TEHU with melee wand smacking (elysion) and I quite enjoy it but dunno how FOTE would handle it.

Edit2: How good could Rikauteri be for pure casting and now for bowing as FOTE considering it has Ancient Oath (and loving the look)
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Feb 6, 2015 at 09:34 AM.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.