Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154204244251252253254
Results 2,531 to 2,539 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    All skill trees reset passes are occasionally distributed for free (mostly when there's balance updates or when the level cap is increased).
    Also usually they give one pass per character in the account, so if you create characters in all 3 free character creation slots, you can get 3 passes next time they're distributed (note that as long as you have 3 characters, you can recreate those characters freely, but, if you purchase a 4th character, if you delete one of the 4 chars, you won't be able to create another char unless you purchase another character creation pass).
    Probably will be the same on the NA server but might actually be somewhat different.

As for creating new characters ASAP, there is even more stuff this is useful for and with the only real difference between race and gender being looks and available fashion and being able to change everything else with a free pass you can't make any major mistakes by rushing character creation.

Anyway, hu sub is the best option for melee (including fi), It's like 70% unconditional damage buff for melee and 10% less for ranged, but only 30% or so for force and only for JA (I think technically Charge JA addition procs all skills related to JA like Hunter JA Bonus) it's no good for force but it's pretty good for te because te uses wand normal attacks a lot which get buffed by hunter.

Hunter also has some very good survivability, e.g. 1 SP in Iron Will is a 30% chance to survive with 1 HP if you would normally have died and HP is above 1 (also 5s invulnerability if it procs) an maxed it's 75%.

Bouncer and braver are mediocre for melee sub because hunter sub has both significantly more damage and significantly more surviviability and other classes make little sense.

For force you got several options, classic is te to boost more elements (gauge based compound techs are very important and te provides half their damage and it also boosts damage for Re Zandia which is awesome mobbing and re barantsia which is decent bossing because it fills the compound gauge rapidly) as well as epic pp refill options, 40% at all times, 350% when standing still for 1 second (PP restorate must be maxed because it's so good) and 25% hp recovery and +60% natural pp regen when treating your or another's bad status.

Also has indirect survivability from buffing light element and additionally resta buff so on force uncharged resta heals a good amount (1st tick almost instant, 2nd tick takes ~1s) and also lets your Deband reduce all damage by 15% even if it's the sub class.

Alternative if you got very good pp management (remember keeping damage up and not bursting with breaks has considerably higher total damage over the whole quest) fi is indeed a good option for the unconditional 35% damage from brave (valiant?) stance on the wrong side which increase to 54% if on the right side (wise just too unreliable) and an additional 15% if you alternate techs / pas with JA (Perfect Attack but some skills on NA apparently keep JA in the name) which also reduces PP consumption by 15%.

And then there is braver. Since you'll be charging virtually all offensive techs so it's an unconditional 39% damage increase with average stance and a 63% damage increase if you use weak stance and hit an enemy's weakness (0% if not and most of the time you won't, also be sure not to accidentally prevent yourself from making a good braver build by maxing both stances, needs some sp juggling). Braver doesn't offer any pp regen boost either and slight survivability if you do a j reversal you can heal 20% of max HP (monomate is 30%)

Then there is su. You get 32% unconditional damage increase and for 1 target at a time an additional 35% but last only 40s at a time and has a 5s cd.
    Su also has some survivability like healing 7.5% of max HP every 5s when your health drops low enough (maxed it even procs at 100%) and has options for raising all atk and all def by 200 each but I don't think you can still get a good su build if you get those 200 all atk and all def. Su is also has a 10sp skill to raise HP by 100 but again only get if you don't wanna play su main any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post

And then there is braver. Since you'll be charging virtually all offensive techs so it's an unconditional 39% damage increase with average stance and a 63% damage increase if you use weak stance and hit an enemy's weakness (0% if not and most of the time you won't, also be sure not to accidentally prevent yourself from making a good braver build by maxing both stances, needs some sp juggling). Braver doesn't offer any pp regen boost either and slight survivability if you do a j reversal you can heal 20% of max HP (monomate is 30%)
    Weak Stance works on techs as long as you use the correct element and even if you don't hit a weak point.
    You have to adapt your build because to really max out your damage as a FO, you essentially need a weapon of each element but if you can, with BR as subclass, go Weak Stance all the way, it's pretty much unconditional.

I still recommend TE as FO's subclass because it just smoothes PP regen this much with natual PP regen, PP convert and Super Treatment and with FO, PP regen is king because you're useless without your PP (contrary to all other classes).
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Can someone give me a run down on the pros and cons of Fo/Ph vs Ph main? I've been seeing people say that there's no reason to run Fo/Ph at all and that you should just run Ph, but in my experience, if all I want to do is cast techs, Fo/Ph outperforms Ph, since compound techs are more spamable than Phantom Time, and my overall tech damage is higher with Fo, even with the same gear. Ph is safer of course with all the iframes, and in fights where you can get a lot of counters the counter damage can make up for the lower damage per tech, but it really doesn't feel like a case where Ph is strictly better than Fo/Ph.

I main Ph mostly, but run Foph sometimes and for me the main difference as far as techs gameplay goes is just that, Step/Counter Vs Comps. Cant say much about real performance since I dont run Foph in "hard" content to compare, but Foph should have slightly lower multipliers for Wind/Light/Dark techs than Ph, while Foph would win in the Fire/Ice/Elec thanks to their masteries.

This means you will lose potency on stuff like ilgrants, gigrants and gimegid and instead rely in force tree elements and lesser comps as your main techs. Your burst from Comps will be better than Phantom Time, but lack of iframes/counters(and free pp from it and marks) and Fomel/Barantsion leaving you vulnerable will demand more player skill in order to pull properly. Also Ph will still move faster than Foph while charging thanks to stealth charge

Thats for tech only though. I dont think Foph is a bad combination, just that it requires more work than a Rod Ph for a similar gameplay for most of the part. You lose some QOL, versatility and survival(Gespent is a very good safety net, dunno why no one mentions it) to get Comps and lessers(which does give versatily too to be fair). Whether the trade is worth depends on you.

If by any chance you only wanted to use comps/lessers with minimal of the regulars, then Fote vs weak element>Foet>Fote vs neutral>Foph. Same applies to techer tree elements. Difference isnt that big though(around 10-12% at most from best to worse) in raw multipliers, so their subclass skills should be the main factor when choosing.

I actually asked this same thing on reddit, and based on the answers I got there, the gap in performance I've been seeing really just comes down to the fact that I built my rod for PP management instead of raw damage, which isn't as important for Ph main, and I also generally don't have problems with survivability on Fo outside of specific situations like double Strum Mizer. I'll probably end up just working on a less pp oriented rod for Ph and see where that takes me.

I really feel that FoPh is kinda secondary for me when it comes to techs, either speed-wise requiring Photon Flare to be up as much as possible or Damage in PD and Demise runs. I kinda want to try Rod Shoot build with FoPh just to use that rod shoot ring and spam normals till the cows come home but I know that's a waste of a Lightweaver 15*. I just wish Sprint Tech Charge, Spirit Tech Charge and Tech Charge Short were added to Fo trees as well. Force just doesn't have the umph when you get used to fast tech spam with Ph.

just adding little few things.

First I'm pretty baffled at people comparing FO/PH to PH main gameplay. They really only share the tech cast time reduction and the multipliers, but gameplay-wise classes remain very different from each other.

FO with anything that isn't TE, as usual will focus on mainly Lightning techs mixed with a few Ice techs (basically, since you don't have the PP management of TE sub, you resort to Lightning due to its very decent DPS for a very low cost on many techs, notably Gizonde, Sazonde and Zonde 0). It's also fine because as a non-TE sub, Element Weak Hit doesn't get in the way so you can just be happily using those two elements + compounds. Surprisingly though, the main drawback of FO/PH compared to the other subs is ACTUALLY PP management. Despite the reduced cost of techs, the reduced cast time actually incurs a net loss of efficiency there, so make sure you use all your PP contraptions to their fullest.

I'd really honestly be more prompt to compare PH to TE/PH because they share the same used techs with a more similar rhythm and overall gameplay feel.

As for their performance, as what was said before by echofaith, it's really more of a content deal than an overall efficiency deal. Simply put, FO/PH slaps harder but doesn't get any damage done when having to dodge/tech parry/Nabarta 0, so the more aggro the enemies, the more PH edges out, and vice-versa.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 13, 2020 at 10:43 PM.

What are most forces using the 5 extra Skill points on?

If you use wreid / fluxio / Liberate (2nd pot) rod and S5:Calming Bullet + L/A. Rod Shoot Mode on FoEt, can you get good enough damage with rod shoot to justify using it?

PS: intentionally not listing Lightweaver cause I won't make mine a rod.

EDIT:
    I heard about a way to calc the damage and so I did for Fluxio Garla with s1 as Tech Boost, should be around 96k on JA with Shifta active (with 2 minute duration easy to keep up on fo) and then you also get up to 10% damage buff from voltage.

TBH I can't tell if for a relatively fast long range aoe attack this is good.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Dec 27, 2020 at 04:10 AM.