Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast

Nafoie doesn't have an Efficient recipe, it has a Concentrated recipe. Ramegid's Concentrated recipe about halves its charge time (and adds +15 to its poison rate), way better than Umbral.

I'd add Safoie (Blazing), Sabarta (Ice Fang, use uncharged), and Samegid (Concentrated) to that list too.

I like charged Wide Sabarta for its pp efficiency, although I do understand that it might not be the best option most of the time just because of the terrible charge time. Ice Fang Sabarta's demerit certainly doesn't help with that, but the Wide craft gives it a nice and large AoE while the damage is still decent for both single target and mobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Nafoie doesn't have an Efficient recipe, it has a Concentrated recipe. Ramegid's Concentrated recipe about halves its charge time (and adds +15 to its poison rate), way better than Umbral.

I'd add Safoie (Blazing), Sabarta (Ice Fang, use uncharged), and Samegid (Concentrated) to that list too.
    Oops, typo. Yeah, I meant Concentrated Nafoie.

Well, anything that has a power reduction demerit is a huge turn-off for me, so not quite sure whether Concentrated Ramegid is my cup of tea, though I do see the merit for getting it. I chose Umbral not only of the power merit, but also the PP reduction effect.

I never really liked Samegid. Something about that tech seemed.. off. Guess I'll give it another go.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    It definitely is Fo/Fi's selling point! I was just correcting your earlier assumption that Fo/Br spam the same tech over and over again. In fact, it's just detrimental.
    Yea, sorry. Poor choice of words there.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    No Fo combination is the same tech over and over again, if we're talking about efficiency. No class is. . -. While it may work, it ain't efficient.
    Overexaggeration on my part. I was thinking of the "filthy casual" way of playing and ilmegid spammers (which don't quite exist anymore), but as you said they're definitely inefficient. Just making a stereotype, which we all know doesn't encompass everyone. And again, my bad. I should stop stepping on everyone's toes. xD

Since we're more or less talking about crafted techs right now, are crafted fire techs still considered great or did they get nerfed somehow? I remember reading earlier that people thought they should be nerfed, but this was a couple months ago. xD

Quote Originally Posted by MegiForce View Post
    Since we're more or less talking about crafted techs right now, are crafted fire techs still considered great or did they get nerfed somehow? I remember reading earlier that people thought they should be nerfed, but this was a couple months ago. xD
    They're definitely helpful. Even if they were nerfed to hell (which didn't really happen), a little upgrade is still an upgrade.

Foie: Blazing or Efficient
    Gifoie: Concentrated (though, if you're going with a Fire Fo tree, may not be necessary) or Blazing
    Rafoie: Blazing
    Safoie: Efficient or Blazing
    Shifta: Multi
    Nafoie: Concentrated (same deal with Gifoie) or Blazing
    Ilfoie: (I personally don't like any crafts on Ilfoie, but some people seem to enjoy Efficient)
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Well, anything that has a power reduction demerit is a huge turn-off for me, so not quite sure whether Concentrated Ramegid is my cup of tea, though I do see the merit for getting it. I chose Umbral not only of the power merit, but also the PP reduction effect.
    Power merits aren't that great. Ramegid's power recipe is ~6% more damage than regular Ramegid. Not worth losing out on a ~50% charge time reduction, even if you lose out further on 3-6% damage. The PP reduction on Umbral is only 25 > 22, not a big difference either. Good luck poisoning something with that 2-11% poison rate, too.

Guess I should make an overall list of tech craft suggestions.

Foie: Blazing or Efficient (leaning toward Efficient, 8 PP is really nice)
    Gi Foie: Blazing (already .5s charge time, not much benefit from Concentrated)
    Ra Foie: Blazing (Wide if you really want to burn something, 37 burn rate)
    Shifta: Multi or Concentrated (Multi gets faster ticks, Concentrated gets wider range so more people get ticks)
    Sa Foie: Blazing or Efficient (leaning toward Blazing, -range demerit on Efficient hurts but for bossing it seems really PP efficient)
    Na Foie: Blazing (same deal as Gi Foie)
    Il Foie: Concentrated or no craft (both recipes take a lot of damage off Il Foie, so no craft is an option if the charge time reduction isn't worthwhile, even as a fire tech, Concentrated is still .4s less than standard at max merit, which is a little less than standard, but still good)

Barta: Efficient or Ice Fang 2 (Ice Fang 3 has a .1s charge time penalty at best and is only about 2% stronger than Ice Fang 2, comparing max merits, doesn't seem worthwhile when the freeze bonus is its strong point)
    Gi Barta: Ice Fang or Efficient (Ice Fang is stronger, Efficient is highly spammable and charges faster, if only a little, leaning toward Efficient for dealing with massive/bulky spawns)
    Ra Barta: Multi (Ice Fang is weaker)
    Deband: Same as Shifta
    Sa Barta: Ice Fang or no craft (swap no for Wide if Sabarta can actually hit more than one enemy, no craft/Wide for charged usage, Ice Fang for uncharged usage)
    Il Barta: Ice Fang (Concentrated if you're not using Elysion)

Zonde: Concentrated
    Gi Zonde: Supercharged
    Ra Zonde: Supercharged
    Sa Zonde: Supercharged or Swift (Supercharged is a huge damage bonus, Swift is more PP efficient so you can spam it with Elysion more, leaning toward Supercharged)
    Zondeel: Fierce
    Na Zonde: Concentrated (Supercharged adds almost no damage)
    Il Zonde: Concentrated (Supercharged adds a lot of damage, but between the charge time demerit and the fact Il Zonde is best used for travel...no)

Zan: Concentrated or Windslicer (leaning toward Concentrated, I remember being told that the speed merit on Windslicer was useful, but I've got no solid reasoning backing that, so benefit of the doubt requires me to mention it)
    Gi Zan: Windslicer or Concentrated (Windslicer is roughly ~20% more damage, which is nice, but it has worse range, though Windslicer 2 has almost the same damage and a PP demerit instead of range, while Concentrated is a ~.5s charge time reduction and costs less PP, leaning toward Concentrated)
    Ra Zan: Multi or Windslicer (Windslicer for Elysion usage, Multi otherwise)
    Sa Zan: Efficient (Windslicer is ~15% more damage, but I don't think the PP cost justifies it...but it does warrant an honorable mention)
    Na Zan: Windslicer or Concentrated (Windslicer for Elysion usage, Concentrated otherwise)
    Zanverse: Concentrated (uncharged is awful and charge time demerit on Efficient is ugh)
    Il Zan: Concentrated or no craft (never did find out if Wide was width or length...assuming length, if width then it's a valid option)

Grants: Efficient
    Gi Grants: Concentrated
    Ra Grants: Concentrated
    Resta: Brilliant (almost doubles the amount per healed, way better than Multi)
    Anti: Concentrated or Efficient (Concentrated if you ever intend to support someone, Efficient if you only ever use it for yourself)
    Na Grants: Multi or Brilliant (Multi has a .1s charge time demerit at best, but has more damage than Brilliant and higher panic rate. If 1.3s is too slow for you, go Brilliant, otherwise, go Multi)
    Il Grants: Swift or Brilliant (-10-20 panic rate for faster charge time isn't too bad, but if you prefer the 40 panic rate, Brilliant is roughly ~7% stronger, though the speed demerit means it has worse range, so if both demerits are unbearable, no craft is an option)

Megid: Umbral or Efficient (Umbral is ~25% stronger, which is a huge jump, while Efficient makes Megid extremely low cost in PP, something dark techs sorely lack, and gives a slight charge time increase to boot)
    Gi Megid: Concentrated (.3s charge time at max merit and hits almost as hard as Ra Grants, with a PP cost demerit putting it at 17 PP, almost half of what Ra Grants has, definitely worth losing out on the ~14% damage from Umbral)
    Ra Megid: Concentrated (.5s charge time is great, and it has the highest poison rate among all dark techs with the +15% poison rate)
    Sa Megid: Concentrated (Umbral is ~11% more damage, but Concentrated charges almost twice as fast and costs a little bit less PP, making it more spammable in every way, makes up for the damage loss)
    Megiverse: Concentrated or Efficient (Concentrated is better for supporting others and healing during long animation super armored attacks, Efficient is better for quick heals that cost little PP)
    Na Megid: Umbral
    Il Megid: Umbral

Think that should do it. Suggestions are welcome, this is only intended as a rough draft currently.

Quote Originally Posted by MegiForce View Post
    Fire techs in general are overpowered, not simply their craft recipes. That said, they haven't been nerfed in any form or fashion, ever, since EP3 launched, even though they were obviously overpowered from its outset.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Dec 20, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

I'll assume you already have good crafts for the techs you use. Someone's more than welcome to fill this list if I forgot to mention a tech.
    The truth is... I try to avoid as much RNG as I can, being disk hunt on rare enemy the only thing I've ever farmed in this game. So tech crafting is another thing I've also avoided, I'll read all those suggestions and see what I'm loosing.

Never bother "avoiding" RNG completely. It makes sense to possibly avoid trying to roll for really high things, but at least do the odd rolls or two which you'll 100% benefit from (which most definitely applies to tech crafting).

Many, many tech crafts now have literally no demerit (by that, it has SE reduction, lol), so any roll you get will benefit you immensely.

Also for Ilfoie I really recommend not crafting it. . . In the events you use it (mostly TD), your charge time is fast enough and you have time to prepare from intermissions anyway. Power is so much nicer, I'd say.
    Even with my shitty build, with a few more points in T-Atk, I'm able to one shot Goldrahdas in SH TD with Ilfoie as FoTe. Right now I do 75,000 or so with a dewman using a +60 fire talis.
    Last edited by Z-0; Dec 19, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Zanverse with reduced Ilfoie charge time makes it worth it, though. And you'll be able to get Zanverse to apply to more attacks before it disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Resta: Brilliant (almost doubles the amount per healed, way better than Multi)
    I do have one suggestion - I find the Resta one is pretty situation dependent. I use multi on my female newman FO/TE because she doesn't have all that much HP as it is, so doubling the amount healed wouldn't do me much good. Using multi, however, I get one more tick of healing in the event that I get slammed partway through my cast... which sadly, does happen.

So I guess the Resta one could be playstyle dependent?