Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    After being away for a while and coming back, I've come to terms with the fact that the most fun way to play isn't to min max every drop out of it, but rather to do what you want, have fun, and look awesome.

Which is why I dropped a few million grinding and affixing a pair of Fubuki Rinkas and spent the rest of my meseta on costumes.

Is there a point to running *anything* other than to have fun doing it? I know grinding for loot is the grand tradition of PSO, but... if I can't get something playing my way, then I don't really need it.

What's the point of grinding XH EQ's for Ultimate Buster just so that you can grind Ultimate for 13*'s just so you can do... what exactly then?

The only reason to run anything is because you enjoy running it. Anything else is a waste of time and effort.
    Well thats the idea for every game really. Some people like min-maxing. Some people want all the best gear. Some people just want to look cool. Some people enjoying stacking a big pile of money.

The goal of the game becomes whatever you want it to be (:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    Well thats the idea for every game really. Some people like min-maxing. Some people want all the best gear. Some people just want to look cool. Some people enjoying stacking a big pile of money.

True enough.

As long as you're having fun and not actively ruining others' fun, it's all good.

But that really also means nobody can really answer the OP's question. Everyone has their own priorities.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you find yourself torn between doing the thing you enjoy and doing something you don't enjoy because it's more efficient... odds are, doing something you don't enjoy in the name of efficiency will only lead to burnout.

If you like running XH EQ's, don't make yourself run SH EQ's just because the rewards are better. By contrast, if you think SH EQ's are more fun because the enemies aren't massive HP sponges, then by all means run SH.

In the end, only you can decide what is worth it and what isn't
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post

Same with life, really.
    If you can't find the point in doing what it is you're doing, why do it?

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Flyin' Freedom Fighter illegaleagle90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post

The only reason to run anything is because you enjoy running it. Anything else is a waste of time and effort.
    The best reason to do everything and anything!