Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer View Post
    Yes, of course. All Japanese players are saints and all English players are dirty gaijin scum.

... Seriously, are we doing this again?
    Have you never noticed? PSOW works in cycles. This has all happened before. This will all happen again.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

TaigaUC: The Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Chigun View Post
    I spent the majority of my 1100 hours of playtime on ship 9 before transferring to ship 2 (mostly JP players). The quality of the games were the same. The problem with evidence based on anecdotes (stories from your friends in this case) is that there's usually a counter-anecdote just waiting to come out.

I don't know about the B20 crowd, but from the EN people I hang out with (in team, friends list and random games) they seem pretty well equipped and play decently. Given this is my only point of reference for EN players on ship 2 it's hard to take your point seriously. I understand westerners are more outspoken and this can be construed as being rude compared to the usually quiet (in public chat) JP players, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go on that. Generally people who are anti-west who also happen to be westerners just seem like people who apparently wished they were born Japanese, or something equally silly.

And here I've been in mining defenses where the EN players all got the top 3, and the JP players did not. Maybe one day I'll experience these bad MPAs that you seem so sure are common as dirt... or maybe not.
    1100 hours is not that much. Played over triple that and I can safely say that ship 2 has mostly bad English players and mostly good Japanese players. I can also say that ships 1, 4, and 8 are generally higher quality from what I've gathered about them, and I know basically nothing about 9, but if EN players are topping TD, odds are good the MPAs are pretty bad, and unless your runs are getting 5 SH TD1s or 3 SH TD3s consistently, you can't really say they're that great, because that's what high level players can accomplish.

And JP players are generally better than EN players, because cultural differences encourage JP players to better themselves. If you aren't good at what you do, you're replaceable. If you aren't doing your best, you're burdening the team through your lack of competence. But western cultures encourage individuality, so there's no cultural imperative to help other people by bettering yourself, nor is there any particular concern over not being able to do well. The fact of the matter is, JPs have to be better, because their culture requires them to be better. EN players generally do not have this drive, leading to an overall poorer quality. Most good EN players are driven to better themselves for various reasons, a drive bad players lack.

And it's really that simple. No drive = bad player, drive = good player. And as a whole, JPs are more driven toward self-improvement than EN players. That doesn't make them better, nor EN players worse, it's simply a difference in qualities that a culture emphasizes, which leads to a different result. It just so happens that this quality, where present, makes for better video game players, among other things. While there are many good EN players, there are even more good JP players.

Having a Character on Ship 2,4,8 I can tell you for fact Ship 2 is the worst of the 3(Marketing,Pug Mpas,Anga). Ship 2 is fine if you play in a group and organize but outside of that majority of people which happen to be EN just don't care about gearing. I don't think its the fact that EN players suck because there's alot who can press buttons its not hard its the fact that their gear is so bad that they hit lower then npcs *this is a joke*.

PS:Just because someone name is in EN doesnt mean they're EN for the TD guy
    Too many Characters to post :<

Quote Originally Posted by RealKillaK View Post
    Having a Character on Ship 2,4,8 I can tell you for fact Ship 2 is the worst of the 3(Marketing,Pug Mpas,Anga). Ship 2 is fine if you play in a group and organize but outside of that majority of people which happen to be EN just don't care about gearing. I don't think its the fact that EN players suck because there's alot who can press buttons its not hard its the fact that their gear is so bad that they hit lower then npcs *this is a joke*.

PS:Just because someone name is in EN doesnt mean they're EN for the TD guy
    Just adding to that last part even if the name is JP doesn't automatically make then JP it can easily be an EN player.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    Just adding to that last part even if the name is JP doesn't automatically make then JP it can easily be an EN player.
    WORD HOMES TELLEM LIKE IT IS BRAH!!

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Made a new character on ship4. I'll transfer another when I hit 70/70 on another character.

What I'll say about EN players is that

1. I only ever see PUG rage in English, and it seems to always be from players who don't seem to be doing much in the first place. Incidentally, a lot of them seem to be a female character in Sexy Bikini using some kind of misogynistic character name. These players go on my blacklist.
    2. So far, whenever I see lewd symbol chat spam or obnoxious voiced LA spam and find the character to blacklist them, their Arks Card is always 100% English.
    3. The randoms I get in my un-passworded games to bum a boss kill while doing 100 damage per attack have 100% English Arks Cards too.
    4. I can safely say my blacklist is 100% English players right now ._.

I know that's not representative of all of the English community and there's bad Japanese players too, but the English black sheep seem to like standing out a lot more. That goes a lot way towards ruining it for everyone else

For the record I'm in an English team and my friend list is 100% English. It's like what Cartman says in South Park, "You have to wade through all the dicks to find the good ones".
    Last edited by Selphea; Jan 9, 2015 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    1100 hours is not that much.
    Lol wat. Just because other people have played more, that's still about 46 DAYS of playtime. That's a lot of game time for anyone, I'm sorry.

On the topic at hand, I migrated from Ship 10 to Ship 2 last year, and I'd say it was worth it. I have a lot more friends I can play with. It's been so long since I transferred over, so I can't say if the economy is any better/worse, but it's nice having lots of friends to play with that actually speak my native language.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post

DO IYUT
    Damnit Sayara
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO