Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Take a look at the number of elemental attacks in the game.
    Divide them by element.
    Take a look at the number that aren't elemental.
    Take a look at how many are S/R/T.
    Divide them by type.
    huh? all attacks in this game has some sort amount of element in there attacks. The only thing on the list that could have a point would be the 6 types to 3. But each element covers each S/R/T in there own amounts tho.

the smallest category by damage type is multiple times bigger than some of the elemental ones. How many attacks are even wind element? Ringa has a couple, Angel has a couple, Loser has a couple...9% wind resistance isn't close to being as meaningful as 9% tech resistance.
    Um you do know that having 9% in wind resist to a dark attack would give 0% resistance so yeah T-res. would be better.

That's why elemental resistances aren't as important as S/R/T. You can have 9% fire resistance and it would only protect from a handful of attacks that are also S/R/T, or you could have 9% strike resistance and have protection from every striking attack in the game, including all the elemental ones. Elemental resistances are pretty much incidental and not a high priority, and even if they were, there are far many more non-elemental attacks than elemental ones and most units give resistances to only a couple elements. Brisa is the only unit set that has relevant elemental resistances, being 9% in every element, and the only set where I could consider them meaningful. It'd be easier to judge the worth of elemental resistances if every single attack's element, if present, was known.

Not all elemental attacks are techs btw. Stuff like Tundra mob snowballs are ranged. A decent number of Wopal enemies have ice element to their ranged attacks too, like Bal Rodos' giant water ball. Elemental striking attacks exist too, like Jagd Dingell's heated blades.
    Most foes are of one element type but there are some with two/three (which are all in Seabed, Levitation facility, Harukotan) and so none of them have any non-element attacks, but they can have low element attacks. otherwise there would be a neutral type listed and/or foe's just like in PSU but there isn't. Brisa is one of the best for def. for sure. It's very easy to judge the element of the attacks. Not sure why you'd say that in the first place, Have you ever played PSU at all?. Yes, I know it's not the same game but there are similar Mechanics used. With the different foe's that you mentioned you sort of answered part of another question you asked earlier. But S/R/T attack types for the element isn't a problem as long as it matches the attacking element foe. Granted that elemental Melee and Ranged don't get reduced as much to there S/R versions because of the damage/attack formula. But For T-res. to Element it is a 1 to 1 ratio. I've done testing for this exact thing with matching element vs. S/R/T res.. Oh Jagd Dingell's blade is an electric element that is granted a burn SE affect when heated.

Now, I was talking about resistance to damage types. The hidden stuff. Elemental resistances function the same, but are visible, apply to a tiny fraction of attacks for each given element instead of being in a large group of attacks, and can have everything they do done better by resisting damage type instead of element. Would it make sense to go over every element and pick out a unit set that reduces damage from it best? Course not. Why would I bring it up when explaining the merits of a unit set? That would imply the elemental resistances were of equal importance to S/R/T. Which is obviously not true.

So I guess I was wrong for saying all resistances when I should have specified S/R/T? Because that's pretty much what I'm getting out of this.
    I think you misunderstand what I meant. I wasn't saying S/R/T aren't visible in-fact there great. I was just pointing out that elemental res's play a part in defense too even if it's large or small. Yeah, I can be a dope at times pointing out the "all" part. But I'm just liking it to the All Resist which has all 9.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jan 17, 2015 at 01:00 AM.

OK, you made me look this stuff up. Thanks for not citing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Are there instances where elemental attacks don't count as S/R/T?
    Retracting what I said before. They count as S/R/T for defenses, but not resistances. The only resistance checked is elemental. What I said about them being more damaging than typical is purely coincidental, since most elemental attacks are also naturally heavier hitting attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    huh? all attacks in this game has some sort amount of element in there attacks. The only thing on the list that could have a point would be the 6 types to 3. But each element covers each S/R/T in there own amounts tho.
    ひとつの攻撃に有効な耐性は打撃/射撃/法撃/炎/氷/風/雷/光/闇の9種類の内いずれか1種類のみで、それ以外は効果がない。

Machine translation: Effective resistance to one of the attacks hit / Shooting / law attack / fire / ice / wind / thunder / light / any one kind nine of the darkness alone, there is no effect otherwise.

Below that are four examples of how damage is calculated with elemental and non elemental attacks. In the cases where an elemental attack exists, it ignores S/R/T resistance. In the case of non-elemental attacks, elemental resistances do nothing.

Um you do know that having 9% in wind resist to a dark attack would give 0% resistance so yeah T-res. would be better.
    Oh, I'm sorry, they're dark, not wind? There are no wind attacks in the game? Wow. It's completely worthless then! That actually helps get my point across. Thanks.

Most foes are of one element type but there are some with two/three (which are all in Seabed, Levitation facility, Harukotan) and so none of them have any non-element attacks, but they can have low element attacks. otherwise there would be a neutral type listed and/or foe's just like in PSU but there isn't. Brisa is one of the best for def. for sure. It's very easy to judge the element of the attacks. Not sure why you'd say that in the first place, Have you ever played PSU at all?. Yes, I know it's not the same game but there are similar Mechanics used. With the different foe's that you mentioned you sort of answered part of another question you asked earlier. But S/R/T attack types for the element isn't a problem as long as it matches the attacking element foe. Granted that elemental Melee and Ranged don't get reduced as much to there S/R versions because of the damage/attack formula. But For T-res. to Element it is a 1 to 1 ratio. I've done testing for this exact thing with matching element vs. S/R/T res.. Oh Jagd Dingell's blade is an electric element that is granted a burn SE affect when heated.
    I'm only going to cover the bolded, because the rest is rambling nonsense without any citation outside of a previous installment.

例4.ヤクトディンゲールのソード攻撃は打撃防御と打撃耐性でダメージを軽減出来るが、ソードに火を纏わせ た状態になると打撃防御と耐性で軽減出来るようになり、打撃耐性は効果が無くなる

(Paraphrasing machine translation for better clarity)

Example 4. Jagd Dingel sword attack damage can be reduced by striking defense and blow resistance, but when sword becomes cloaked in fire, damage is reduced with striking defense and flame resistance, blow resistance effect is lost.

Whatever testing you've done is nonsense. Elemental resistances quite simply do not have varying parts of an attack (it is like that in MH, so I understand what you're describing, for the record). It's either all or none of the attack. If an attack has an element, it gets S/R/T resistance. If it does not, it gets an elemental resistance. Just one.

複数の属性を持つ攻撃は存在せず、見た目と攻撃属性が一致しない事も非常に多い。

"Attack with multiple elements does not exist, it is common that appearance and element do not match."

So thanks for making me check whether S/R/T resistance also applies to elemental attacks. Turns out it doesn't, which makes tech resist even less important than elemental resistances. So much for Faren set.

Guess it's crafted HP units to recommend then.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Machine translation: Effective resistance to one of the attacks hit / Shooting / law attack / fire / ice / wind / thunder / light / any one kind nine of the darkness alone, there is no effect otherwise.

Below that are four examples of how damage is calculated with elemental and non elemental attacks. In the cases where an elemental attack exists, it ignores S/R/T resistance. In the case of non-elemental attacks, elemental resistances do nothing.
    That was a funny read actually, It's not bad but doesn't have enough testing on there part.

Oh, should put down the the full sentence that you quoted "The enemy attack comes with attributes, it is possible to cut the rate for each resistance corresponding.
    Effective resistance to one of the attacks hit / Shooting / law attack / fire / ice / wind / thunder / light / any one kind nine of the darkness alone, there is no effect otherwise.

Means if it doesn't match any of those 9 Res./Mig. then it does nothing.

Things that I noticed.

The Udon attack base was set at 2570 that's not true and it's lower (the only thing I can think of is crit. damage that there adding).

Example 1. They use Vol Dragon's fireball attack which they use both Flame and Tech Res. and only Flame worked. That's because the fireball's are range not tech so T-Res. won't do nothing even if it does show up as Yellow on the HP bar, That's Sega for you.

Example 2. They said flame and ice worked, Then in the next statement said it doesn't except for ice.

Example 3. This foe has a ignore Res. attack but only for the waves.

Example 4. If the bot does have a Flame ele. to it's attack it's very low since a Electric/Blow Res. does better.

Oh, I'm sorry, they're dark, not wind? There are no wind attacks in the game? Wow. It's completely worthless then! That actually helps get my point across. Thanks.
    Yeah, Wind Res. is pretty much not needed at the moment since only Rockbear, Fang's and forest are the only straight wind type attackers out side of Vid-gyros and Rerangamu with wind attacks.

"Attack with multiple elements does not exist, it is common that appearance and element do not match."
    I think they missed up bad to say that. Just normal area running you have two types at one time from two groups more so during events. But then you have Vid-gyros which has three type's Ice/Flame/Wind with it's attacks. Then you also have three bosses with two types of attacks. And with the newer armors coming out with multiple elements it's much easier to match.

"which makes tech resist even less important than elemental resistances."
    I wouldn't say that, It's true that if you don't have T-res. that Ele's. can help make up for the loss but T-Res. is also good to have. Have you ever wondered why Mind Res. is stuck a Level 1, so it can be pair with the elements for higher boosts. Look at Crafted Gold Tech boost it has 4% in Tech Res. and 4% in the 6 elements making that 12% to each with 3 piece armor or 24% to tech damage reduction. Why do this if they didn't work together.

Edit: Oh, come to think of it the only neutral damage/non elemental are Traps and they can only be reduced through raw stats.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jan 17, 2015 at 01:44 PM.

That was a funny read actually, It's not bad but doesn't have enough testing on there part.

Oh, should put down the the full sentence that you quoted "The enemy attack comes with attributes, it is possible to cut the rate for each resistance corresponding.
    Effective resistance to one of the attacks hit / Shooting / law attack / fire / ice / wind / thunder / light / any one kind nine of the darkness alone, there is no effect otherwise.

Means if it doesn't match any of those 9 Res./Mig. then it does nothing.
    There are no enemy attacks that don't match a resistance type, so this is irrelevant.

The Udon attack base was set at 2570 that's not true and it's lower (the only thing I can think of is crit. damage that there adding).

Example 1. They use Vol Dragon's fireball attack which they use both Flame and Tech Res. and only Flame worked. That's because the fireball's are range not tech so T-Res. won't do nothing even if it does show up as Yellow on the HP bar, That's Sega for you.

Example 3. This foe has a ignore Res. attack but only for the waves.

Example 4. If the bot does have a Flame ele. to it's attack it's very low since a Electric/Blow Res. does better.

Yeah, Wind Res. is pretty much not needed at the moment since only Rockbear, Fang's and forest are the only straight wind type attackers out side of Vid-gyros and Rerangamu with wind attacks.

I think they missed up bad to say that. Just normal area running you have two types at one time from two groups more so during events. But then you have Vid-gyros which has three type's Ice/Flame/Wind with it's attacks. Then you also have three bosses with two types of attacks. And with the newer armors coming out with multiple elements it's much easier to match.
    Prove the attack is wrong.

Prove that Vol's fireballs are ranged attacks.

Prove that Predicahda ignore resistance with that attack.

Prove that Jagd Dingel's clearly fiery sword uses lightning element, that attacks have varying degrees of element, that attacks with multiple elements exist, and that strike resistance works even with elemental attacks.

Prove that Forest mobs use wind element for attacks.

You're pulling all of this information with only your personal say so and provide zero logical reason to believe you over a JP wiki that always provides top notch information. I can't simply take your word at face value, it's unreliable and has been incorrect more often than not. Cite some tests or a source.

As for that last paragraph, it doesn't contradict anything said. Vid Gilos doesn't attack with all elements at once, nor does any enemy with multiple elements to an attack. It's one per attack. Gigur doesn't use a non-ice element for its attacks, nor does the mid-boss use an element that isn't fire. You wanna say otherwise, provide some actual evidence to support it please.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    <insert "Brace Yourself" meme here>

Youre going to get people coming in here telling you that tanking sucks and doesnt work.
    Anyway, the same sets that are good for "tanks" are the same best sets for everyone.
    Thinking that's the Saiki set, Loser being second. And yeah, I get a ton of flak, but they appreciate me to the core during AQ when i'm the one keeping them alive and buffed! :P

At high levels, resists also make a big impact. Taking Burisa set's 3% apiece for example, 9% resist to all 3 damage types, S/R/T, can offset a 100HP drop or more.

For highest raw Def and HP, just use the Gold crafts with as much +100HP as you need. For overall tankiness, unrafted Burisa aka Magatsu's 11* set has the best mix of resists, HP, Def amd above average attack on the side.

And yes I am obliged to say going for excessive survivability may not be the best route to tanking. You should also look at DPS to make sure you can pull and hold aggro. Also, dead things = things that don't need to be tanked.

A Fury build with 5pts Fury Combo, Flash Guards and Massive Hunter, paired with a melee Teching class like Bouncer or Techer, and a generic set like Hiei crafted with 200 HP and 10 PP is enough to tank well while doing good damage.
    Ahh, I see your point, though with my build, I don't really care much for damage as have my Qar Cry and greatsword supressing the mobs and bosses as much as i can to keep the aggro regardless of the other 11 players dealing so much damage. But I will definitely have a gander at that set and maybe even go for it, if not the Saiki set dropped by GGG. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    S-DEF Faren (Zieg) is best.

-285 HP
    -960/846/846 total defense
    -9% to all resistances.

Brisa is 200 HP, 885/924/885 defenses, and 9/12/0 strike/shoot/tech resistances. Best for ranged attacks, but not as great for striking or tech.

Crafted is 300 HP, 1008/924/924 defenses, and 12% strike resistance, but 0% for the other two. Best for striking attacks, but not as good for ranged or tech.

S-DEF Faren covers your bases better than other unit sets and is the best for tech damage.

Also, just to be sure, are you Te/Hu? Best tanking class.
    Well, these sets sound great really! Thinking I might go with that Zeig set you mention here, dunno how none of that stuff works though really, but I'm gonna try for it!
    So the last two mentioned is the Brostol set and the Brostol set Crafted?

Heck, I'm not sure which class to stay tanking for! I love Hu/Te for the All guard measure to reduce knockdowns, but I love Te/Hu for the strength and duration of the buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by -VEXX- View Post
    Thinking that's the Saiki set, Loser being second. And yeah, I get a ton of flak, but they appreciate me to the core during AQ when i'm the one keeping them alive and buffed! :P
    As someone who used the Loser set, I'd say don't go for it now that there's Gold crafts. It has resists, but the DEF is too low. A crafted set will make you take less damage and give you more HP.

Faren aka Zieg is easy to get and very tanky though. Just a little expensive - 4-slotting costed me >900k per attempt with 5 fodders.

Rappy Hunter

As someone who used the Loser set, I'd say don't go for it now that there's Gold crafts. It has resists, but the DEF is too low. A crafted set will make you take less damage and give you more HP.

Faren aka Zieg is easy to get and very tanky though. Just a little expensive - 4-slotting costed me >900k per attempt with 5 fodders.
    I honestly wish I could understand what you mean all here. I don't think I know what Gold crafting is, nor any way to be able to reach those high "Endgame" units.

I just hit 75/75 cap not too long ago after a year haitus from 54/49, so all of this is completely new to me.

Ah Gold crafts are the (somewhat) new recipes added in late 2014.

Essentially, they're like crafting your units, except instead of the usual crummy stats like +30 HP, +1PP or something, they give either +100 HP like an Ing Plate, +10 PP like a White Tail or +30 HP/+3 PP/3% Elemental Resist.

They use new crafting mats like Goldrias, Goldarms and Goldlegs. There's no way to obtain them normally though; you need to exchange a number of Silva mats to get one. Silva mats in turn are obtained either by desynthing 11* units like the XQ units, or by combining Stee mats. Stee mats in turn are obtained by desynthing 10* units.

The Faren set is given by an NPC called Zieg. You should have met him when doing the Ep1 matterboard. Have an Ep3 matterboard selected and he will give you quests to craft some stuff. Just keep doing his quests and sooner or later you'll get enough tokens to buy a set of his units. They should be fairly cheap and easy to do. His expensive quests are for the 11* weapons.

The difference between crafted and Zieg, in terms of expenses, is that a crafted set using a base set like Hiei, is cheap to grind and affix, but the costs come from getting the materials and crafting the units up to Extend Level 8. However, you can build it up as you go. Zieg on the other hand is expensive to grind and affix, so you have to cough everything upfront, but then you're good. The higher you affix your units, the cheaper a crafted set becomes in comparison. Based on Ship 2's economy, at 3 slots and below, Zieg should be cheaper. At 4 slots, they should be close. At 5 slots, crafted Hiei should have a definite price advantage.
    Last edited by Selphea; Jan 20, 2015 at 08:56 AM.

Gold crafting is a new method for units. It's the special level up of Silva Mats for units. There's:

HP Craft gives the unit 100HP and 4% Strike Res.
    PP Craft gives the unit 10PP and 4% Shoot Res.
    Attribute Craft gives the unit 4% Tech Resistance, 4% elemental resistance of each element, 3pp, and 30hp.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%94#a2f441b0

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2_16.php#nav

I am use Gold crafted saiki set for T-def, and all resist III affixes + 140 HP on it(without 30 HP on units). Also all resist III on weapon
    totaly 24% to all elemetal resistance, 24% to tech resistance, and 12% +20% from skill to S and R resistance. Totaly 2086 HP and 134 pp

and this build, if need warcry:
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008

Magatsu can kill me only with one attack after i am use LB+MH (light splash, what deal on me 800 damage) and i am have good damage too
    i am think, what this set most balanced for Tank and good dps (and best for spam LB)

if WC dont need: just move points in the 2nd tree from WC to Fury Combo up (Magatsu, Luther, DF)
    Last edited by FireswordRus; Jan 20, 2015 at 11:24 PM.