Page 92 of 252 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495102142192 ... LastLast

I've taken a shine to wand-whacking, so I'm going to be switching my DB Fi over to a melee Te. Would I be safe to assume a decent build for this would be Te/Br using Pristine Hammers (cost v. time in getting Photon Boosters for Red Wands)? Also, he has a pure S-ATK Mag; is this fine, or would I be better off making a T-ATK Mag for more powerful explosions?

Rainbow Red Wand set should be easy to do provided you only get the potential to level 1. Even at that level, max craft Red Wand is much better than PSH. It'll cost 52.5K CM to get 5 Red Wands to level 1.

For the mag, T-ATK is preferable, but the damage difference isn't so great that spending AC on a new mag could be considered vital. Looking at about an 8-10% loss in damage, although this is mitigated slightly by the stronger wand strikes. T-ATK mag also makes things easier to equip, but that shouldn't be a problem either since you can just change crafted weapon requirements or use requirement reducing items.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Rainbow Red Wand set should be easy to do provided you only get the potential to level 1. Even at that level, max craft Red Wand is much better than PSH. It'll cost 52.5K CM to get 5 Red Wands to level 1.
    I thought you worked out / said before that a crafted Guarditorch is worse than a PSH. If so, how can a crafted Red Wand be better than PSH, when its potential only gives 14-16% damage but Guarditorch gives 20%?

There's a few possibilities (I say that because I don't remember how long ago that was), but basically, either I was mistaken or the game has changed enough that this isn't the case. Probably this was before the crafting update to reduce damage variance, or more research was done for it, or it's easier to get enough DEX to eliminate variance.

More or less, if I say something contradictory, the more recent statement is more accurate.

I believe that was before they updated damage variance on higher level crafts. You just never bothered to change that statement after the update. (´・ω・`)

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I thought you worked out / said before that a crafted Guarditorch is worse than a PSH. If so, how can a crafted Red Wand be better than PSH, when its potential only gives 14-16% damage but Guarditorch gives 20%?
    I used to think Guarditorch was good, until I was thrown into SH DD with a hell crap load of rare fish Darkers
    Oh and it seems Cougar and Knight Gear aren't machine
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

will lv3 pot, crafted red wand (16% damage 1043s-atk 1018t-atk) beat summit moon (14% weakness damage 1100s-atk 1080t-atk)?
    assuming they are both the same element and hitting an enemy thats weak to it
    would dex be a deciding factor in this case, if it can close up the variance?

also i guess zanverse should be boosted by red wands 16% as well, while ancient oath is s.o.l.
    Last edited by mr.chills; Aug 27, 2015 at 04:11 AM.

So what would be the best affixes for techer units? is it beter to go all in on t or S atk, or do stuff like vinculum/anga soul combinations that raise both? Basically, for either a techer/braver or techer/hunter, what would be a good not-crazy-expensive 5 slot setup using the sakai or new ideal units?

edit: primarily wand melee focused, not really casting techs unless the enemy is out of range/anga is resisting wand strikes.
    Last edited by Tenlade; Aug 27, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

When I started the game, I wanted br/te but was told later in around lv15 That it was pointless.. I am now lv46 br/lv27hu sub but im looking at playing te/br due to I think using buffs/healing/and having damage would suit me best..

I already have a 107 t atk mag( first mag i messed up on) and a 103 s atk mag

Question's

1. can I switch my main to techer and switch sub to braver and go from there or should I restart a char ( please I hope not)

2. units what do I use?
    -ranger
    -melee
    -force ones

and thank you for any info on this

ID- roguekid2015
    Ship2- I Yuki I

@Tenlade
    Consider Apprentice Soul, bcoz +40 all atk.

Sakai lol xD
    But yeah, Saiki set is the best. Ideal's kinda situational, because for its full potential to active, you need Ideal weapon too.

Can also go for 11* Noire set ( http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%AB%E3%82%AC ) , it has a large HP bonus from set effect. Although the price might raise up now due to no easy access to lv71 Noire Draal.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur