Page 216 of 252 FirstFirst ... 116166206213214215216217218219226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2517

Nah guys they're just going to port over the wand PA from Phantasy Star Zero
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

A lot of "balance" issues could have been solved through the stance system, not just for TE, but for all 9 of the basic classes.

Imagine if each class had its default stance as the pure dps one, under which all damage increasing related skills would lie and 0 skills that can effect the performance of anyone else in the group, and then the optional utility one where all skills that can effect other player performance, utility and defensive ones would lie.

Such a system would solve the problem with overlapping utilities, and the problem with a class being too overpowered due to having the same damage output as another plus a lot more utility.

The only problem would be that it would require 2 trees per class per player, because f2p players would be forced to commit to 1 of 2 builds.

On topic: Regarding TE, if the new PA turns out to be a melee one, it's not that much different than increasing melee damage (again), except it will now cost PP. So it would have to be a ranged one, to also facilitate with targets away from the player.

Techer is one of the classes where "bigger numbers" is literally a straight buff to the class, because it needs it so desperately. A PA that facilitates that would be quite lovely.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    A lot of "balance" issues could have been solved through the stance system, not just for TE, but for all 9 of the basic classes.

Imagine if each class had its default stance as the pure dps one, under which all damage increasing related skills would lie and 0 skills that can effect the performance of anyone else in the group, and then the optional utility one where all skills that can effect other player performance, utility and defensive ones would lie.

Such a system would solve the problem with overlapping utilities, and the problem with a class being too overpowered due to having the same damage output as another plus a lot more utility.

The only problem would be that it would require 2 trees per class per player, because f2p players would be forced to commit to 1 of 2 builds.

On topic: Regarding TE, if the new PA turns out to be a melee one, it's not that much different than increasing melee damage (again), except it will now cost PP. So it would have to be a ranged one, to also facilitate with targets away from the player.
    Techtor already has a stance, it's called "wand Lovers"

Also the PA can very well be just melee. For all we know the new skill that's gonna get released with the level cap increase might very well be a free form Wave to fix the range issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    So it would have to be a ranged one, to also facilitate with targets away from the player.
    I had imagined something like this some months ago. But it was a skill and not a PA.

Spoiler!

I like the way TEchters could temporarily sacrifice S-ATK and Techniques to raise their T-ATK when they have to single target out of reach enemies. Am I dreaming ?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I like the way TEchters could temporarily sacrifice S-ATK and Techniques to raise their T-ATK when they have to single target out of reach enemies. Am I dreaming ?
    I had that Idea too, similarly to current stance system they could make a Wand Lovers-like skill that is about casting Techs

The skill could just be a temporary big attack speed + attack range buff akin to hero sword for all i care. But on the other hand that's useless since you still have no way of reaching the enemies because the movement techs are clunky and suck balls compared to sword. Just give that PA to all classes already.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    The skill could just be a temporary big attack speed + attack range buff akin to hero sword for all i care. But on the other hand that's useless since you still have no way of reaching the enemies because the movement techs are clunky and suck balls compared to sword. Just give that PA to all classes already.
    fair reminder that all of this is pretty uneeded since a Ilzonde/Safoie buff is coming, which completely cuts the post-tech lag from them. It may sound like minor, but from what I've seen, Ilzonde could become a serious contender to Asagiri, which in and of itself, is really huge for tech classes, especially TE

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Ilzonde could become a serious contender to Asagiri, which in and of itself, is really huge for tech classes, especially TE.
    I have experienced it with my Katana TEchter/BRaver (which is why I still need six Yamigarasu-NT from Yamigarasu who decided to screw me over) and I have to admit this is excellent. But if Ilzonde buff makes movements even better, it will be insane.

https://youtu.be/729k_hnz31A?t=155
    timestamped the Ilzonde & Safoie Type-0 Buff