Page 34 of 252 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134 ... LastLast

It would make more sense to just keep using melee in that context, or to use Razan/Nazan before melee. The damage lost using Elysion for melee isn't worth doing more damage on a utility tech, since the main value in using either of those two techs is knocking down an enemy. Though, if the enemy doesn't flinch, then you probably can't knock it down either, so it would make more sense to just melee regardless.

Also don't use Nazonde uncharged. It's terrible and will ignite your Zondeel.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It would make more sense to just keep using melee in that context, or to use Razan/Nazan before melee. The damage lost using Elysion for melee isn't worth doing more damage on a utility tech, since the main value in using either of those two techs is knocking down an enemy. Though, if the enemy doesn't flinch, then you probably can't knock it down either, so it would make more sense to just melee regardless.

Also don't use Nazonde uncharged. It's terrible and will ignite your Zondeel.
    ok that makes sense but let me ask this now. is it ever viable to use melee and charged techs for damage?

just wondering about all this because id like play as a melee caster but not sure how to actully mix it together without something being gimped and weak

if you have or can get a rikauteri you can use that for banish arrow casting as a te/br and still use wands for melee. im not sure thats what you are looking for but its probably the best option overall.

The Offense Tech → Melee → Offense Tech → Melee style is more suited to Jet Boots Fi/Bo or Bo/Fi. Lots of synergies like getting Tech Arts JA when going from Tech to PA, PP Slayer from having everything consume PP, Jet Boots Gear benefiting from charged techs, Rapid Boost to charge faster, using Vinto after charged techs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    ok that makes sense but let me ask this now. is it ever viable to use melee and charged techs for damage?

just wondering about all this because id like play as a melee caster but not sure how to actully mix it together without something being gimped and weak
    For DPS, you can substitute the second swing of wand melee for a fast charging, high damage tech like Ragrants or Gimegid, and that would be higher DPS than straightforward wand swings. This applies to Te/Br as well, but not Te/Hu since its tech damage is weaksauce. You could also use techs before melee to inflict SEs, but that's mainly for mid-bosses that are actually vulnerable to SEs. Otherwise, no, that's not really Techer's thing.

What do you think of the new 11 star Rabbit Blade dual blades? They're all-class, give access to Heavenly Kite, and the potential gives +10% damage in the air. I'm thinking about them for Te/Hu, which has limited aerial attacks due to weak techs and wands being bad in the air. I mean, there's jumping Slide End, Kaiser Rise, and Elysion Sazan, but I feel like Heavenly Kite could be better.

This is also keeping in mind that Bouncer only gives 16-40% more damage from its skill tree (Break Stance, Elemental Stance, Shifta Air Attack Boost) when Photon Blade Fever isn't up, which is pretty close to the 20% that Element Weak Hit gives, so the damage could be comparable.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Rayden; Apr 8, 2015 at 08:48 PM.

Built-in PAs are Lv1 by default are they not? (Not 100% sure myself)

If you haven't learned a higher level, they are level 1 by default. It does take into account of any higher leveled ones and limits it based on status requirements to learn that higher level disk.

Thanks. In that case the main difference would be Ele Stance 32% x Shifta Air 5% x DB Gear 20% vs EWH 20%

Hmm. I forgot about the gear boosting damage as well. In any case, I wasn't trying to make a case for Te/Hu being better with them than Fi/Bo or Bo/Hu (or even Fi/Hu), but just that Te/Hu might still be able to do viable damage with them to fill in a gap/shortcoming. Do you guys think that it would be useful getting them for that purpose, or is it not worth it?