Page 71 of 252 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171 ... LastLast

^I think she meant about Bow's Banish+Kamikaze Arrows combo, I guess.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

People did it when BR first came out, but after Hatou happened, people stopped using it because Hatou (and Shunka) were better than Kamikaze combos for bossing as BrHu. However, with the EP3 rebalances, people have been doing it for a while since it got buffed pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Uhh, what? Are you talking about this thread that was posted last month? I'm pretty sure people were doing that right from the start when Braver came out. In fact, I'd say Br/Hu Kamikaze Arrow spam was the main thing people were recommending for bows when Braver first came out, before people eventually moved on to Ra/Br.
    Actually I forgot about that thread, was thinking of the Br thread itself.

But that one is talking about Kamikaze as an RATK build, I meant as an SATK build with max Katana Combat. Only happened after the Hatou nerf/fix I think.

Not really. There are lots of things that should be done that doesn't get discussed on PSO-W, because not a lot of people actually aim to play their classes well, so there's minimal drive to find new things. For example, when Volg Raptor was implemented, Te/Hu was using Ilbarta Volg combos with Guarus. This was the number 1 boss killing tactic available to Techer at the time, and was pretty close to how effective Banish Ilbarta is now. But not only was it rarely discussed (pretty sure it was just me here), chances are very few Te/Hu players ever invested into Guarus for performing these combos. And then it fell into the wayside after Ilbarta was nerfed and partisan PAs were buffed, so it's pretty much a lost tactic.

And then there's stuff like tech cancels that make me confused as to how people didn't know about them to begin with. The flow of information and what works/doesn't work is pretty poor here. Most people don't know how to play their classes effectively, so the best methods don't get pushed much. Braver is a great example of this. Kamikaze Arrow, as Z-0 mentioned, has been better for bosses than Hatou for a long time. Like, 10 months or so? EP3 update was August. But most Braver players would rather stick with katana and remain ignorant of this because they never hit the "Do what works best" phase and stick with "Do what I want".
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jun 27, 2015 at 04:02 PM.

Nope, it became a good thing to use when kamikaze arrow was buffed into the 4 digits(Hello Ep3) modifier range and became popular to start utilizing it when Ult Nab introduced Chase Arrow to further the combo and Anga resistances forcing katana users to either deal absolute trash damage or use an alternative weapon.
    Anga also takes the extra 15% striking damage from Kamikaze Arrow since that's what it counts as, great.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I haven't seen a Ra/Br since the great Maggy Nerf.

That's because RaBr was never amazing to begin with. The BA/LN combo was only effective if it one shot -- otherwise you're better using Rifle for DPS with Sat Cannon or Homing Emission.

Plus RaHu does more damage with JAs.

I think Ra/Br BA/LN takes too long to set up.
    It's useful if you're the only person on a boss, otherwise boss tends to die before setup.
    Dunno if there's a way to measure DPS, but I get the feeling that it's too slow for Magatsu too.
    I find it faster/safer to BA/Penetrate spam.

O/T: I was thinking about the "do what I want" thing today, when I kept seeing bad AIS players using nothing but missiles.
    I find that the dash sweep slice tends to be more effective against packs.

RaBr BA Penetrate Arrow does better DPS IMO especially if you have a lot of PP, since you can do a charged + uncharge spam until BA explodes or your PP runs out, either one.

Since crafted Guarditorch are stronger then PSH in general, doesn't that also mean that crafted Dagacha Wands outperform PSH as well?
    Ship08 || アリス@気になり火星 || TeHu/RaBr/BoHu/FoTe/FoBr/GuRa

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

If you're going for Darker Wands, it would probably be better to get a Mangus Grin (if you can afford one. Cheapest light on S2 is 6.3M.).