Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
Those are nice descriptions of what all skills related to melee techer do, but I cannot agree with those trees. Most of the trees are really really awful; they do not take into account most gameplays the class offers, and assume everyone plays like you.

Pure melee builds will never need any PP-related skill, as you will never use PP to attack, so that's 20 SP that will be 100% useless to a good melee TE.
Pure melee builds do not need any point in any elemental mastery.
Pure melee builds absolutely need Deband Cut and Deband Toughness maxed.
Pure mags have always been and will always be terrible, especially if you're going to use attack techniques.

You still have a lot to learn about melee techer (and evidently some of the game mechanics), but at least you wrote useful skill descriptions.
Now, now, not to harsh. The problem with these guides in general is that the writer obviously suggests the builds and play style they like and believe in.

I am also a pure melee TE and only use techs in a handful of situations when it is to hard to get melee hits in like Diabo. On Anga for example I use pure melee, tanking/dodging attacks with a constant stream of smacks. I usually get wands resistant after the first round.

So I would indeed agree with your suggestions, but hey, it's luckily not my thread anymore

Also, maybe you should add some good videos that show of Techer gameplay, because a lot of people still don't seem to know about it at all. Melee techers are still quite rare.