Page 31 of 252 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielzor View Post
    There are light weak mobs in every dungeon in the game and a Te/Br running a Rikauteri with Ragrants and Banishing Arrow can destroy bosses. I'd argue it's infinitely more important than wind and dark.
    Would it be best to start with a light tree then add the others later on?

Yes. Light > Dark > Wind in terms of priority.

After resetting my skill tree for Techer/Fighter (from the AIS vs. Magatsu update on March 25th), that class combo has been a complete joy to play now.

Even though regular enemies don't stand a chance (regardless of difficulty mode), I feel like Techer/Fighter's bossing capabilities are -- somewhat lacking (thanks to the Elysion, Nabarta, Ilbarta, and Namegid nerf).

As a long-term Techer/Fighter enthusiast, I think it's time for me to venture to the dark side of Techer/Braver.

With that being said, I bought 30 day Premium and a new skill tree for Bravers, so I can get this class combination in session. I also intend on getting the 11* Rikauteri, since it seems to be the only attractive Bullet Bow that offers a staggering amount of TATK.

I was looking at the Braver Subclass skill tree section, and majority of the skill build seemed very odd to me. Seeing some Techer builds within that category feature Lv.3/10 TATK Up 2 (or maxed), Lv.10/10 PP Restorate 1 (instead of Lv.8 ), and even Lv.5/5 Territory PP Save and Lv.1/1 Reverse Bonus is quite a head-scratcher to me.

Wouldn't it be better to allocate those skill points into Wind/Light/Dark Mastery Lv.2/10 and Lv.1/10 for whichever two of out three elements you choose to be secondary? I personally felt like the Techer/Fighter's "Basic Example" build is the best Techer main tree for both TE/FI and TE/BR, due to their capabilities of dealing good Technic damage.

Edit: Also, what's your reasoning for having Lv.3/10 RATK Up 1 for certain Braver Subclass builds within the guide? Is it because there's nothing else to put those points into? Is it to future proof any upcoming Bullet Bows that's on the horizon?

I can understand Lv.8/10 SATK Up 1, however, I don't understand the value of having any RATK for Techers once so ever.
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Apr 2, 2015 at 01:17 AM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    I was looking at the Braver Subclass skill tree section, and majority of the skill build seemed very odd to me. Seeing some Techer builds within that category feature Lv.3/10 TATK Up 2 (or maxed), Lv.10/10 PP Restorate 1 (instead of Lv.8 ), and even Lv.5/5 Territory PP Save and Lv.1/1 Reverse Bonus is quite a head-scratcher to me.

Wouldn't it be better to allocate those skill points into Wind/Light/Dark Mastery Lv.2/10 and Lv.1/10 for whichever two of out three elements you choose to be secondary? I personally felt like the Techer/Fighter's "Basic Example" build is the best Techer main tree for both TE/FI and TE/BR, due to their capabilities of dealing good Technic damage.

Edit: Also, what's your reasoning for having Lv.3/10 RATK Up 1 for certain Braver Subclass builds within the guide? Is it because there's nothing else to put those points into? Is it to future proof any upcoming Bullet Bows that's on the horizon?

I can understand Lv.8/10 SATK Up 1, however, I don't understand the value of having any RATK for Techers once so ever.
    For T-ATK skills, 10/10 is +75 T-ATK, which becomes +106 when accounting for Shifta and Shifta Drink. This is a decent damage bonus so it's used when available and nothing better exists. 3/10 is filler due to lacking skills. I don't really see a reason to leave PP Restorate at level 8, you lose out on the largest gains per SP spent by doing that, for no obvious advantage. More than 1 SP in TB PP Save and Reverse Bonus being used anywhere is kinda filler. They're not bad skills, and those trees that use them assume you have multiple skill trees to cover different elements, so putting, say, light masteries in a pure dark build wouldn't make as much sense as trying to optimize it for dark usage, which includes utility skills like TB PP Save and Reverse Bonus, since they're handy to have.

Since the basic examples have only 2/1 in each element, they have poor damage for every element and are only really useful if you're actually using every element at once at a time, which is basically never, or have one skill tree, but even then you would most likely be better off simply getting a light tree in such a scenario. If you wanted to, you could go 2/1 in an elemental mastery, but it isn't objectively better and doesn't match the intended goals with the build examples, which is why I didn't do that. To put it another way, 2/1 mastery skills net 11% more damage. 10/10 is 44% more damage. You could get a good 33% more damage with a specialized tree than an all rounder, which is, needless to say, a lot.

Those builds with R-ATK are gimmick builds for people that want to specifically use only a bullet bow for tech usage. Rikauteri has better tech damage than any wand barring maybe species latents and 13*s, so for people that want to specifically use techs exclusively and don't care about wand melee (whom I hope don't exist), those builds are for them. Since bows have no use for S-ATK, R-ATK was grabbed instead. More or less, I tried to put in some gimmick builds for those experimental people that want to do crazy things, so that they could do those crazy things as effectively as possible. Wandless Te/Br isn't necessarily a good idea, but you get possibly the strongest wind/light/dark tech damage potential out of all the Te/Br builds, so it's worth listing just for those people that want to try it out. I just don't recommend doing so.

Nevertheless, I still stand strongly by your "Basic Example" skill build from the Fighter Subclass section, since it's a great cookie-cutter build (opposed to spending AC on extra skill trees to specialize a single element).

To be honest, I rather have Lv.8 PP Restorate 1 over Lv.10 since the 10% increase isn't enough to warrant that extra 2 skill points. Furthermore, the PP regeneration speed between the two isn't as groundbreaking compared to something like Lv.6 PP Convert and Lv.10 PP Convert (which the difference in results are staggering).

In addition, I can do without maxing Territory PP Save, since the extra -4 PP isn't going to make or break me while playing this class combination. Likewise for Reverse Bonus; while the concept of it is nice -- I rather spent that skill point of something more worthwhile.

After removing a couple of points into PP Restorate 1, Territory PP Save, and Reverse Bonus, having that 11% damage into those secondary elemental mastery is convenient at best. If I actually had specialized Wind, Light, and Dark builds, I would honestly find myself getting annoyed over time by using the appropriate build for the proper area. Just the thought of going back and forth from each mission to the Class Change Counter is personally such a turn-off.

Edit: Essentially, my point is, why is your Techer main "Basic Example" skill build for Techer/Fighter so much better than the Techer/Braver variant? The Fighter Subclass version is golden, whereas, the Braver Subclass version is questionable (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Apr 2, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Oh huh, I completely overlooked that they were different. Most of my time writing the guide was around midnight-1 AM so I made some blunders about consistency.

Thinking about it, I feel that, if you were to ask me what tree I would recommend to a person with only one skill tree, I would go with the one in the Te/Fi build you mentioned, so I've changed the Te/Br basic example to use a Techer skill tree identical to the Te/Fi build. Thanks for your input.

But uh...if you had skill trees for different elements, you should really change your skill tree as needed. You'd spend more time in the quest because of your inferior damage than you would going to the lobby, changing your skill trees, and then taking the quest.

Also, whenever you get the chance, Lonely Garuga, you should add a list of recommended craft recipes of each Technic within your guide.

If I recall correctly, you constructed one in the past, so it shouldn't take too much time out of your day -- right?

The new 13* wand is gonna be pretty good for melee techers, since we hardly ever get below 50% with our PP. Chances are quite big the multiplier is higher then Ares, because it's a lot more conditional for every other class then Techer.

Also, everyone secured a fire PSH? Ones with good affixes AND ultimate buster might still be affordable.
    Last edited by qoxolg; Apr 5, 2015 at 12:21 PM.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

I have secured mine! Thank goodness my purchases paid off.

The lack of fire PSH with buster + other affixes should be fixed with the upcoming Magatsus, but I suspect people are starting to jack up the value of such things.

EDIT: Also, yes I want that 13* wand. New boss wand to replace my Traitor Cage. Was thinking about praying to the CMode and Anga gods but this might be my opportunity to pursue my first 13*.
    Also do not expect Summit Moon to drop anytime soon.
    Last edited by Shinmarizu; Apr 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander