Page 53 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast

Yeah that's what I meant by rainbow too. Dunno why I stuck that other thought in the same sentence.

Anyway, I'm assuming that grinding a 10* costs a magnitude greater than a 7-9* (even after factoring crafting costs), so it seemed like you could make several elements and extend them using the same amount of resources required to make one Pristine. Basically, I was wondering if for someone just starting out it'd be better to go straight to covering one weakness really well but thus be a little "meh" for other elements, or first have slightly better than meh for all weaknesses and work your way up from there.

I just looked on the item shop to see what people put them up for though (this should have been an obvious way to sort-of price check I suppose) and there's a bunch of hammers for "only" 5m... so I'm beginning to think that I might have overestimated how much it costs to make one. Not that I have 5m right now, though.

Well, to make a 7~9* "usable" (which means craft them to ex9 at least), you need more meseta than grinding a PSH to +10. The only 7~9* wand that worth crafting is Guarditorch, but due to how Wand Reactor works, the damage variance would be quite troublesome, though it's still somewhat good(?).
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Well, feces, I was afraid of that once I saw the 4-5m prices. Went and found a grinder simulator to confirm too, lol

Ah well, I guess you learn something every day...

Just do DOs and you should be getting at least half a million every day. TACOs and XQCOs when they're up and you should have plenty of meseta to spend on grinding. Should be fine doing that stuff.

what should melee-based TE/BR be doing in ultimate quests? I just hit level 7x

I don't mean to be rude but... not playing melee TeBr. It makes 10x more sense to just go T-Atk based, because wands still work the same (mobbing power comes mostly from Wand Gear, which T-Atk boosts), and you get the option to use Rikauteri with Banish Arrow for proper bossing, and the whole plethora of techs for their benefits in certain situations.

All you can do a melee TeBr is use wand smacks on everything (which t-atk focus does exactly the same), which is honestly extremely useless when it comes to ultimate bossing, or use Katana for some reason which is not really recommended at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but... not playing melee TeBr. It makes 10x more sense to just go T-Atk based, because wands still work the same (mobbing power comes mostly from Wand Gear, which T-Atk boosts), and you get the option to use Rikauteri with Banish Arrow for proper bossing, and the whole plethora of techs for their benefits in certain situations.

All you can do a melee TeBr is use wand smacks on everything (which t-atk focus does exactly the same), which is honestly extremely useless when it comes to ultimate bossing, or use Katana for some reason which is not really recommended at all.
    I do not have the money or equipment for a Tech attack based build and will not for quite a long time.

Is there anything I CAN do until then?

Get Attack advance to the max and get really good at clubbing things and escaping hits with step?
    I'm still trying to figure it out myself, but I don't see any T-atk approach to TE-BR anyway...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Te/Br has the highest tech damage out of any Techer combination (barring Te/Fo for fire/ice/lightning), excellent strike and WG damage (with WG being the biggest contributor to wand melee any time you're hitting 2+ enemies), and Rikauteri BA combos. It's clearly T-ATK oriented, and all the S-ATK focused combinations are just people looking at Attack Advance and have no depth of thought anywhere else in the Braver tree, which is a complete waste.

To be honest, I'm starting to second guess recommending against T-ATK for any Techer combination, including Te/Hu. Te/Hu is practically an even split, everything else is obviously most suitable for a T-ATK focus.

i would argue that going S-ATK for te/hu is probably for the best if you want to use hu weapons to supplement wands but otherwise i agree.