Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Leveling Up Question

I recently decided to get into the whole AC thing and I was debating whether I would be better off using one character to do all the classes or if I would rather make multiple characters and do it that way. Originally I decided that I would prefer multiple characters, one for each type of mag (so I have 4), because of the cash bonus it gives me from TACO's and dailies and the Bingo bonus from being able to do four bingo boards. I also figured it would be easier for me to level up some of the classes that way, with all the one-time client orders, like Koffee's, that you get going through the first time with a character. Although now I'm finding myself slightly intimidated by the idea of going through the whole game over again with each character, and I'm wondering if I should have gone with the single character idea and just bought more mags.

So here's my question: Do you think it would be better for me maybe level up my extra characters, since I already bought them and I should do something with them, and just use them for things like lower level TACOS and certain dailies for extra money, and then use my main character I play as to focus on and level all the classes up with? Or should I just stick it out since I already bought all the extra characters and just play as them? And, if I decide to stick it out and play as the other characters, would it be easier for me to wait until I level my main character all the way up and then go and level up everyone else, or would it be easier to do them all simultaneously and keep them at around the same place and level? I'm not looking for a definite answer, just wondering what people's opinions are on the subject and what people find easier or better?

Thanks!
    Ship 2
    ID: JadedNightingale
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

I went multiple characters, not really into the idea of a single character, I enjoy multiple race, gender choices along with different styles and cosplaying.

You can get bored easily with a single character no matter what you do with it and I find multiple characters help easing that feeling a bit.

It's personal choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    I went multiple characters, not really into the idea of a single character, I enjoy multiple race, gender choices along with different styles and cosplaying.

You can get bored easily with a single character no matter what you do with it and I find multiple characters help easing that feeling a bit.

It's personal choice though.
    Knowing I'm not the only one who did this makes me feel better. I've talked to a couple people I know and they all told me I was crazy and a single character was better.

How do you prefer to level them up? Do you level one all the way up and then go to the next character, or do you do bit by bit with each character so they're all at around the same place in the game?
    Ship 2
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

I actually did both. My alts are more specialized and stick with a fairly unchanging class combo, but my main has almost every class leveled to cap and three mags for S-, R-, and T-ATK. I tend to find myself on my main most of the time, but it's mostly because I don't sink too much time into the game, but when I do play my alts, I just make sure to complete their Daily Orders on the highest difficulty they can do with other appropriate COs.

How do you prefer to level them up? Do you level one all the way up and then go to the next character, or do you do bit by bit with each character so they're all at around the same place in the game?
    Sometimes one way or another it depends. If I feel bored I'll change it.

Focusing is more efficient, so I tend to stick to a single character until I'm finished with it, then move on to the other.

The benefits of a single character are that it's more economical and efficient to do everything on it, and you can be totally focused on it, but both choices have it's pros/cons and neither are better or worse than the other.

Multiple characters are also higher maintenance, keep that in mind, but since you get multiple COs, it can be offset a bit.

More TACOs per week, more skill reset passes, other unique stuff. It can't hurt to at least have two.

I would get bored running the same TAs and dailies over and over with all the different characters. Youre not exactly "diversifying" anything with different characters if you end up doing all the same stuff. Anyway there is no "right or wrong" answer to this, its really up to your preference. If you think more bingo cards and TAs is worth it, by all means go ahead. Dont forget you also get more campaign rewards sometimes.

I think the only advantage is more taco and xqco and some dailies, plus more dressup options. Having all Photon Arts in the same character and hunting for lvl 17 only once is a huge advantage.

Thanks for your input, guys. It makes me feel better about my choice to have multiple characters. I don't have a whole lot of time to play right now with school this semester so I think I'll just focus on my main character until the semester ends, and then once the summer comes in and I have more time I'll get cracking on my other characters, although I might just work one character at a time until each of them are at least mostly caught up to where the game's at now.
    Ship 2
    Leorina (Te/Fi)
    Ariadne (Br/Hu)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    I would get bored running the same TAs and dailies over and over with all the different characters. Youre not exactly "diversifying" anything with different characters if you end up doing all the same stuff. Anyway there is no "right or wrong" answer to this, its really up to your preference. If you think more bingo cards and TAs is worth it, by all means go ahead. Dont forget you also get more campaign rewards sometimes.
    TACOS are once a week, two characters is two TACOs a week. Running one as a Ra/Br and another as a Fo/Te should still be
    diverse anyways. Just grab DOs that you want to do, involve TAs, or can be given to support partners. I think it would
    be better for someone with little time to have this available as well.